Chris Benoit and Family Found Dead in Home

Hangman

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/b]

Words right out of my mouth. If I'm going to pick a "hero" or someone to point out to youth to pattern their life after, I'm afraid I can't select a person that "pretends" to wrestle and builds their body with chemicals.

I would steer them toward a doctor, a teacher, a missionary or maybe a policeman. But that just how me rolls.:p

My sentiments also. And I certainly don't exclude pro athletes as role models (Warrick Dunn comes immediately to mind).

16 or 18 years ago my son had a fascination with "pro wrestling". We attended a couple of events at Rupp Arena. They reminded me of a rock concert more than anything else - it was entertainment.

Lately, on the rare occasion that I've stopped channel-surfing long enough to watch today's "wrestling" for a few minites; it's clear to me that it has devolved into the lowest form of "entertainment"; from simulated sex acts to assassination plots. Even the announcers seem to feel the need to curse a couple of times a minute. Not an experience I'd be sharing with a child, that's for sure.

The whole Benoit situation is a tragedy of the highest order, but would be equally as tragic had it not involved a professional wrestler.

I've been following this story from the local TV news in Cincy and Lexington, WWE claims that Beniot passed a Steriod Test recently before this happened yet reports are that steriods were found in the house. There has to be something more going on here than they are not saying. Abuse of steriods can cause Aggresion, Panoria, Roid Rage.

[/b]

Words right out of my mouth. If I'm going to pick a "hero" or someone to point out to youth to pattern their life after, I'm afraid I can't select a person that "pretends" to wrestle and builds their body with chemicals.

I would steer them toward a doctor, a teacher, a missionary or maybe a policeman. But that just how me rolls.:p

Should the doctor that prescribed him steroids be a hero? How about the teacher that married the 15 year old? The police officer that killed his pregnant wife?

Scum comes in all walks of life....

WWE claims that Beniot passed a Steriod Test recently before this happened yet reports are that steriods were found in the house.
He was last tested in April. I would imagine taking them since then would show up in a test now, I guess we wait a week for the toxicology reports and find out.

Roids are in every gym, dont be naive.

Most wrestlers get their steroids prescribed by a doctor. McMahon has put in a lame drug testing policy (which doesn't do much) but McMahon is powerless to do anything when a doctor prescribes drugs for a wrestler. So the wrestlers get a buddy doctor to prescribe them something, then case closed they can use as much as they want and its all legal.

McMahon used to use a Random drug testing policy as a way of getting lower level people fired. People who are not drawing as well as others, he would randomly drug test them, (because he knew they were using) see that they were on steroids and out the door they went. But he would never do that to his upper tear wrestlers because that would hurt his precious show.

You have to like a man who uses a "Random" Drug Testing Policy for "Certain" people. :rolleyes:

He was last tested in April. I would imagine taking them since then would show up in a test now, I guess we wait a week for the toxicology reports and find out.

I don't know this for sure but IMO, they're might be another investigation on steriods in the WWE if steriods does show up. Do you think so?

I don't know this for sure but IMO, they're might be another investigation on steriods in the WWE if steriods does show up. Do you think so?

With the recent attention on steroids and baseball, as well as disability benefits for football players; I'm surprised that there hasn't been more heat put on professional wrestling, what with all the premature deaths associated with it.

Probably should be, but even McMahon is not dumb enough to distribute them. Like was stated earlier, getting a doctor who wants to know some famous wrestler to prescribe them is much easier and makes it legal.

Investigating these stpid doctors should happen.

Probably should be, but even McMahon is not dumb enough to distribute them. Like was stated earlier, getting a doctor who wants to know some famous wrestler to prescribe them is much easier and makes it legal.

Investigating these stpid doctors should happen.

Especially since the owner uses steroids as well. How strict could Vince make a drug testing policy be, when he couldn't pass it himself?

Should the doctor that prescribed him steroids be a hero? How about the teacher that married the 15 year old? The police officer that killed his pregnant wife?

Scum comes in all walks of life....

How many fake wrestlers heal sick people, teach kids to read, tend to people in time of needs, or feed and minister to the less fortunate.

I'm going with the percentages on this one.

I guess Steriods are a part of some sports but not every athlete uses them. I for one like an athlete that only uses his god given ability and doesn't take anything to ENHANCE his skills. I think Basketball is the only sport I haven't heard of athletes taking this junk. But I could be wrong.

I can not imagine for the life of me Chris Benoit will be put in the Hall of Fame. He would have been easily before, but he killed his wife and his son. Pete Rose can't get in baseball because he bet on games, there should 0% chance Chris Benoit will ever be in the hall of fame. Could you imagine the speaker having to induct a killer?

Do you know how many wrestlers are in the Hall of Fame that are liars, cheaters, felons, and suicidal maniacs? This isn't the ballet, it's wrestling. I am willing to bet my left leg that Benoit will get in.

BRW Pete Rose is in the WWE Hall of Fame :D