Chris Benoit and Family Found Dead in Home

Hangman

In light of the recent McMahon death angle, I've been on some wrestling message boards the past 30 minutes and there is a split on whether this story is real or not. When I first heard it, I thought there was no way WWE could do an angle of a wrestler and his family dying. Then, I checked the Atlanta Journal Constitution website, and all the Atlanta news affiliates, and there was no mention of this anywhere, and WWE.com says police are investigating. It would seem that police investigating the death of a family would make a story somewhere, especially since WWE is running it. So, sadly, I am skeptical about the validity of this story. Therefore, it leads me to two conclusions:

1.) If Benoit and family are really dead, then my sincere condolescences go out to their loved ones. Tonight, on RAW, Vince McMahon needs to start the show himself and explain his death was just an angle in a sport of entertainment and that it was not real. However in the light of this tragedy, he will explain that the angle of his death will be scrapped, and tonight's show is a tribute to the life of the Crippler. I honestly do not think WWE can continue with the McMahon death storyline if Benoit is really dead. If they do, it is completely tasteless. Speaking of...

2.) This story is a work, and that Chris Benoit and his family are really not dead. I hate even assuming this, but it's only been confirmed on WWE.com, not the most reliable source of news. His "death" then is just a continuation of the McMahon death, but now involving a family. If this is so, I will no longer watch WWE. I've been a loyal fan for 10 years, but this is it. It would be the most tastless and ignorant stunt to date. The McMahon "death" appalled me, but considering it was McMahon, I gave it a chance. And even though this is "entertainment" these are real people who are publically being announced dead. Either way, this is a heartbreaking night. I'll watch RAW and see what road they take, but I'm prepared to let it go if WWE chooses option #2.

And finally, because I still have hope that WWE isn't this low..

RIP Chris, Nancy, and Daniel. :cry:

I am glad someone else posted this, because I was thinking it.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plan tonight is to scrap the McMahon tribute show, and the whole show will be about Chris. That being the case, I'll trust that this is real.

I hope you're right. I'm just curious why the Atlanta paper or any of the affiliates have picked up the story. That seems like it would be a pretty big deal. I still think the right thing to do is have Vince open the show and publicly scrap his death angle, then announce the whole show being a tribute to Benoit. If they keep this McMahon is dead angle in light of one of its greatest superstars dying in a seemingly horrible tragedy, I think it would be utterly tasteless. We'll find out in 20 minutes..

Condolences to the family.

AND how sad is it that this "medium" with such a tragic past (Owen Hart, all the stars that have died recently and now this) would even contemplate a storyling that involved the death of Vince McMahon. The whole thing was an all-time low.

The truly sad thing is that there are still people that believe professional wrestling is real.

Vince McMahon can go on tv all he wants and act like he is dead, I could care less about that. But when he forces wrestlers in the past week to go on live tv and give fake tributes to Vince as if he was dead and to ring the bell ten times, just like they did Owen Hart, Eddie Guerroro, Curt Henning and so many others who actually died for a story line is the all time of low of professional wrestling. Now we have to see the same tribute show with Chris Benoit a week later except this time it is for real. Vince would not allow the fans into the arena tonight not because of honoring Chris but scared of a revolt from the fans for such poor taste. I don't even know what else to say right now.

WWE lost Chris Benoit which is so awful then to have Vince do what he has done is the lowest point in Professional Wrestling history. WWE may never recover from this and they shouldn't. RIP Chris Benoit

I think the reason the fans weren't allowed in is because the wrestlers weren't in the state of mind to perform... They just heard about this a few short hours before show time.

The Fans can sit in the arena and watch a tribute show and that doesn't involve the wrestlers. Vince even let the show go on when Owen fell and died, so for him the "Show must go on" no matter what as long as it wouldn't hurt his business. He was scared of a fan revolt or even worrying about fans not believing Christ Beniot was dead and we even saw that on this thread.