Boyle County 46 Highlands 7

theguru

How many D1 players were there on each team? The D1 players can make the difference between a really good team and a great team. The D1 players can be the difference between a state semifinalist and a state title. But a team does not need D1 players to get to a state semifinals and win 8 games. By the way, Highlands did have a D1 player last year and they won 6 games. I am not close to the Highlands program, but you cannot convince me there isn't enough talent in that tradition filled community and program to win 8 games every year, no questions asked.

8 hours ago, DearToday said:

I think y’all are underestimating how good Boyle is and how motivated Haddix is. You have to remember he was essentially forced out of Corbin. I think he’s on a tear and trying to send a message to the state. 

I know he is eager to prove his success at Corbin was no fluke but he didn't personally attempt a pass last night.  I mean I didn't see a lot of trickery or halfback passes or anything so other than preparing his team, I'm not sure I follow. 

8 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

I know he is eager to prove his success at Corbin was no fluke but he didn't personally attempt a pass last night.  I mean I didn't see a lot of trickery or halfback passes or anything so other than preparing his team, I'm not sure I follow. 

I’m not saying he’s trying to run the score up. I’m saying I think he’s extremely motivated and has his team extremely prepared and it’s showing in the scores. First game under 50 in 3 games so far. 

3 hours ago, Country said:

I am happy with the nice win, but I think the Rebels can play much better. They now have two weeks to get ready for that first big district game at Lexington Catholic.

I agree @CountryI watched the game late last night and honestly Boyle did not play a great game. Obviously good enough to win by a large margin but there is a lot that can be improved upon if they want to be the last team standing in 4A. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

You bring in Gino Guidugli to coach and I immediately think Highlands is better, quickly.  Back to Dale levels, who knows?  The football program at Highlands is stale.

(No, Gino is not coming, at least anytime soon).

You hit the nail on the head, stale.  The sign to me of how far things have fallen and change is needed was the Conner game last year where Jared Lorenzen was honored and the UK band played at halftime.  Huddleston ran the opening kickoff back and Highlands was as flat as a pancake after that and Conner played with a ton of emotion and energy and took it to Highlands.

Someone mentioned the linebacker blitz of the edge last night, another example of making no adjustments.  This lack of making adjustments dates back to the 2015 season and has continued to now.

Also this program has had plenty of success on an annual basis without D1 talent as some want to proclaim is now the issue.  

To be successful at Highlands you do not have to win it all every year, but you certainly are not struggling to be .500 and have excuse after excuse why you are losing games.  

Being mediocre is now accepted as the norm and Highlands has become the team that they used to put a running clock on.

Some feel the drop to 4A will help, well a pretty good 4A team thumped them last night.

Changes are on the horizon and let’s just hope the administration can find that person that will inject some enthusiasm and accountability back into the program.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

You hit the nail on the head, stale.  The sign to me of how far things have fallen and change is needed was the Conner game last year where Jared Lorenzen was honored and the UK band played at halftime.  Huddleston ran the opening kickoff back and Highlands was as flat as a pancake after that and Conner played with a ton of emotion and energy and took it to Highlands.

Someone mentioned the linebacker blitz of the edge last night, another example of making no adjustments.  This lack of making adjustments dates back to the 2015 season and has continued to now.

Also this program has had plenty of success on an annual basis without D1 talent as some want to proclaim is now the issue.  

To be successful at Highlands you do not have to win it all every year, but you certainly are not struggling to be .500 and have excuse after excuse why you are losing games.  

Being mediocre is now accepted as the norm and Highlands has become the team that they used to put a running clock on.

Some feel the drop to 4A will help, well a pretty good 4A team thumped them last night.

Changes are on the horizon and let’s just hope the administration can find that person that will inject some enthusiasm and accountability back into the program.

That sums it up pretty well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Have the decisions to drop down to 4A and hire a new coach already been made?

I've seen quite a few posts that make it seem to these moves are in the works.

Highlands football for the past 5 years is in the gutter. The coaching has not been the same and they have been bringing in pretty good talent. Its been awhile since we have seen Highlands at its best. I have heard multiple rumors that Weinrich and his staff will be gone in January hopefully that is true because to be honest what I saw on Friday night was absolutely disgusting. Multiple bad play callings and all around really bad game. If highlands continues to role with this staff. Highlands is done for. Ruining great talent. Ruining great opportunities. Ruining Highlands football. 

19 hours ago, football analysis said:

Highlands football for the past 5 years is in the gutter. The coaching has not been the same and they have been bringing in pretty good talent. Its been awhile since we have seen highlands at its best. I have heard multiple rumors that Weinrich and his staff will be gone in January hopefully that is true because to be honest what i saw on friday night was absolutely disgusting. Multiple bad play callings and all around really bad game. If highlands continues to role with this staff. Highlands is done for. Ruining great talent. Ruining great opportunities. Ruining Highlands football. 

I have already heard that a handful kids will be gone next year from 8th+10th if there isn't a change made. That's sad that kids are willing to leave the school they have been dreaming of playing for their entire lives just to play a Sport. Heck CCH gets a new Five each year in Basketball so I guess it's totally not out of the question.  You say noway? Again and I will keep beating this Dead horse. But when Cam Hergott left for Ft Mitchell this should of been a sign and could of been addressed but wasn't. But with Highlands in the middle of a Principal hire and a Vice Principal who's kids all attend Beechwood Schools, it was a Win-Win for the VP to have him come there. If the now Principal was at HHS 3 years ago after the 2017 season of Follies, I would almost guess HHS would be rebuilding with someone new. But to the point of the post above, HHS has had plenty of talent. Maybe not great talent to dominate but enough talent to compete. They're not even doing that now. Time to get better.