theguru

Boyle County 46 Highlands 7

What has happened to Highlands? For several seasons I’ve heard the talent is coming but it only seems to have gotten worse. Is it the coaching or has the talent pool dried up in Fort Thomas? 

2 minutes ago, WestDanville said:

What has happened to Highlands? For several seasons I’ve heard the talent is coming but it only seems to have gotten worse. Is it the coaching or has the talent pool dried up in Fort Thomas? 

Coaching 

I’m going with coaching. Two crucial 4th downs in the first half and they called a screen. Both times Boyle locked it down. Highlands is the worst I’ve seen in my lifetime. 

• Like 1

Year in and year out the freshman team goes 9-1 or 8-2 but we can’t find enough players to win?!?! Coaching 

Worst 5 year stretch of Highlands Football record wise ever. This senior class as freshman was dominant. A lot of talent no longer at the school, or not playing football. 

Growing up Highlands was the king of Kentucky high school football in my eyes. I had a Highlands T-Shirt and was amazed that my dad was friends with Dale Mueller. Of course all of this was before I went to and played for Boyle. It saddens me to see Highlands football fall this far. Highlands being great is great for Ky football, especially NKY football. I hope they can bounce back to being the old Highlands we all used to know in the near future. 

Boyle County=

spacer.png

Highlands= 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Reading over the game thread and there were a few comments about this being Weinrich's last year. Has that already been decided?

I was told in the game thread that this was a “rebuilding” year.  Since when does Highlands have a rebuilding year? The coaching has been stagnant for several years and there is just no positive mojo surrounding the program right now.  

Sounds like an instant turnaround whenever there is a new coach at Highlands. Can’t wait to see that. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Sounds like an instant turnaround whenever there is a new coach at Highlands. Can’t wait to see that. 

Depending on who takes the job, will happen without question.  

• Haha 1