I hung out with some Highlands Football Mommies the other night...

theguru

I don’t understand why BW would stay in this situation. I don’t get that at all.

This is my point exactly.

As stated before if BW has the respect and love for the program which I believe he does and he knows there is absolutely nothing he can do to change the current state of the program then he owes it to the school and the program and do the honorable thing and step down and hand over the keys.

This is just my opinion but it has become many opinion within the last few years.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated before if BW has the respect and love for the program which I believe he does and he knows there is absolutely nothing he can do to change the current state of the program then he owes it to the school and the program and do the honorable thing and step down and hand over the keys.

This is just my opinion but it has become many opinion within the last few years.

Clearly he thinks he can get things going in the right direction as he is still there. I just don’t know why he would stick around in this environment. This doesn’t appear to be a welcome environment. He’s a better man than I am. I know myself and my family would be miserable.

Can anything be done to change the mind of people who have jumped off the Weinrich bandwagon?

Looks like this is your answer.

To me, the biggest things that stick out about the program are that the kids do not appear to be having "fun" playing the game of football. There is also a reluctance to make any philosophical changes based upon the players currently in the program in preparation for the following year. There are little to no in game adjustments that occur, with the belief that "We are Highlands" and this is what we do. If a kid plays freshman football and then does not come back for varsity competition, nobody goes and finds out why. This is the first year that I can remember that kids were kicked off the team for not coming to practice during the bye week, but yet another kid was permitted to go on vacation with family of girlfriend and miss the first summer scrimmage. Inconsistent treatment and hurts team chemistry. What occurred leading up to the playoff game should never be condoned and that assistant coach should have been shown the door right then and there.

I, as a former player and parent of a player, want to see the discipline restored to the program. If you are not all in, then you are out. There is no "I" in "team" and that goes for the coaches and the players.

You gotta elaborate on that!

This whole conversation screams "narcissistic entitlement".

You guys wouldn’t last a season in Ohio if you think this is bad. I think the alumni and community have been pretty patient with BW. A lot of facts are being ignored on here. Quite possibly by people who want Highlands to stay in decline.

This whole conversation screams "narcissistic entitlement".

You guys wouldn’t last a season in Ohio if you think this is bad. I think the alumni and community have been pretty patient with BW. A lot of facts are being ignored on here. Quite possibly by people who want Highlands to stay in decline.

I agree, Narcissistic Entitlement is much worse north of the river.

Unfortunately it was that close and an extension was granted.

I now believe the removal period has expired and BW is now untouchable because of obstacles that are now in place that weren’t present two years ago.

Unfortunately Mediocrity has been now been accepted 100% at Highlands.

That's what happens when you have a run of mediocre players. Look at all star, all conference, etc. In years past they dominated...now not so much. Think about the run of talent at QB. McCoy is probably least recognized and I think he was POY. As the talent returns( or they get some out of district tuition students) they will improve. But, it will be a tall order to win 5A with the current configuration.

That's what happens when you have a run of mediocre players. Look at all star, all conference, etc. In years past they dominated...now not so much. Think about the run of talent at QB. McCoy is probably least recognized and I think he was POY. As the talent returns( or they get some out of district tuition students) they will improve. But, it will be a tall order to win 5A with the current configuration.

Didn't Weinrich want to play 4A and the powers that be forced Highlands up to 5A?

Didn't Weinrich want to play 4A and the powers that be forced Highlands up to 5A?

That's what I heard. I think the school administrators were ok, but board member(s) balked....at least that was the word in the big FT. That could not be the case though.