I hung out with some Highlands Football Mommies the other night...

theguru

[ATTACH]69595[/ATTACH]

“… as you know, is now in med school ... Why thank you, yes, I’d love another cosmo … What a delightful cologne, I must get some for my husband ... “

“But seriously G, I don’t care if my Tommy plays, we need to have our best athletes go both ways to beat Cov Cath. We need a new OC too, to be honest. What do you think?”

Thanks for reminding me RO!

The mommies also told me there will be a lot more players playing both ways in 2020.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To replace the current head coach and restore the Tradition.

All that was needed was one more yes and Highlands was off to rebuilding the program.

In other words the Highlands Powers that be held a vote to keep or kick out BW and BW was retained by one vote?

In other words the Highlands Powers that be held a vote to keep or kick out BW and BW was retained by one vote?

Unfortunately it was that close and an extension was granted.

I now believe the removal period has expired and BW is now untouchable because of obstacles that are now in place that weren’t present two years ago.

Unfortunately Mediocrity has been now been accepted 100% at Highlands.

Unfortunately it was that close and an extension was granted.

I now believe the removal period has expired and BW is now untouchable because of obstacles that are now in place that weren’t present two years ago.

Unfortunately Mediocrity has been now been accepted 100% at Highlands.

What are the new obstacles?

Suppose Coach Weinrich's 2020 performance doesn't satisfy the restless natives, are those obstacles still in place or will there be another "removal period" after the 2020 season where everyone can vote again?

When the current administration puts their big boys pants on and makes the decisions without outside influences including the approval of the former coaching legend, then that’s when the change will be made.

No sooner no later.

As administrators they certainly can’t be pleased with the overall performance of the Football program. Administrators, teachers and coaches at Highlands have failed the kids by not giving them the very best opportunities available.

If they are content, which I eluded to earlier and believe is the case then the Football program has reached a new level of acceptance which does not include accountability or the desire to maintain the Traditions of the program.

When the current administration puts their big boys pants on and makes the decisions without outside influences including the approval of the former coaching legend, then that’s when the change will be made.

No sooner no later.

As administrators they certainly can’t be pleased with the overall performance of the Football program. Administrators, teachers and coaches at Highlands have failed the kids by not giving them the very best opportunities available.

If they are content, which I eluded to earlier and believe is the case then the Football program has reached a new level of acceptance which does not include accountability or the desire to maintain the Traditions of the program.

Just curious... What opportunities better than BW have been available to Highlands in recent years? And I mean actual opportunities, not pipe dreams.

Football at Highlands has put them on the map Nationally and they have cashed in on the success whether people accept and recognize this or not.

Whether it’s building new football facilities and giving the athletes the finest resources at the High School level, the gifts from so many have indeed made a difference.

Highlands Athletics and mainly Football donations from alumni and families have been the backbone of the program for over 100 yrs Strong but Iam hearing this money is drying up quickly due to the current leadership of the program and the lack of winning.

Someone with facts and numbers can confirm my assessment. Check and balance on home gate receipts, special interest group donations , private donations and most importantly lack of playoff gate shares etc should be paid close attention to.

Its a trickle down effect and its going to hurt all athletics a lot before it gets better. Just my opinions.

No sooner no later.

Is this influence insuring a personal legacy?

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think Highlands was or has been talented enough to beat CovCath these last couple of years. I’m not going sit and act like the coaching staff did every thing correctly but I just am not seeing the talent at Highlands that we have grown used to seeing.

And maybe I am wrong. Maybe if Mueller was still coaching then they would be better than CovCath but that isn’t my initial feeling about Highlands football at the moment.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think Highlands was or has been talented enough to beat CovCath these last couple of years. I’m not going sit and act like the coaching staff did every thing correctly but I just am not seeing the talent at Highlands that we have grown used to seeing.

And maybe I am wrong. Maybe if Mueller was still coaching then they would be better than CovCath but that isn’t my initial feeling about Highlands football at the moment.

I will say it again, wins and losses are not the issues that need to be addressed. Agree they may not have beaten CovCath the last few years, bit also did not expect this years team to be .500.

No sooner no later.

Teachers? How do they figure into the football situation?