I hung out with some Highlands Football Mommies the other night...

theguru

Teachers? How do they figure into the football situation?

Teachers/Coaches are a union of one and have a voice and cover each other’s backs, period end of sentence.

To be honest with you, it should be this way and I don’t have an issue with everyone sticking together as an administration but this has become embarrassing and comical if one doesn’t know any better.

No one on this site will ever change my opinions or passion for this program and school and I will do anything I can to help preserve and protect the program and the kids.

Just an outsider now looking in with a voice.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If BW loved this program and had as much passion as he claims he would do the right and honorable thing and step down.

He is no longer capable of leading this program.

BW is fine human being and an outstanding Defensive Coordinator but he is not a head coach of a program named Highlands. He coached both my sons on defense and they could have never enjoyed their time more and are appreciative of the opportunities he afforded them. I too have a lot of respect for BW but he can’t be this disrespectful to the program.

No single person is ever going to be bigger than this program, not one person.

Always leave a program better than you found it and when you can’t deliver then it’s time to step away honorably before you are disrespected or embarrassed in a way that you can’t even teach at the same school.

I know this all sounds very harsh and hardcore but reality is real and reality has run its course.

If BW loved this program and had as much passion as he claims he would do the right and honorable thing and step down.

He is no longer capable of leading this program.

BW is fine human being and an outstanding Defensive Coordinator but he is not a head coach of a program named Highlands. He coached both my sons on defense and they could have never enjoyed their time more and are appreciative of the opportunities he afforded them. I too have a lot of respect for BW but he can’t be this disrespectful to the program.

No single person is ever going to be bigger than this program, not one person.

Always leave a program better than you found it and when you can’t deliver then it’s time to step away honorably before you are disrespected or embarrassed in a way that you can’t even teach at the same school.

I know this all sounds very harsh and hardcore but reality is real and reality has run its course.

It would be damn near impossible for someone to leave the program better off compared to Dale. What are the grave sins that BW has committed to disrespect the program that you speak of? Honestly curious on this.

I’m someone who grew up playing against Highlands and have a son who currently plays against them in addition to one who graduated a couple years ago; from my perspective highlands doesn’t have close to the same level of talent commonplace in past years. THIS is the main issue with the recent struggles of the program.

It would be damn near impossible for someone to leave the program better off compared to Dale. What are the grave sins that BW has committed to disrespect the program that you speak of? Honestly curious on this.

I’m someone who grew up playing against Highlands and have a son who currently plays against them in addition to one who graduated a couple years ago; from my perspective highlands doesn’t have close to the same level of talent commonplace in past years. THIS is the main issue with the recent struggles of the program.

I understand you have questions but hard to explain and very complicated for an outsider to understand.

No disrespect because I have a lot of respect for CovCath but this is something that many outside our program will ever sympathize with or understand.

Nobody here looking for pity, just voicing concern for the state of the current program with no change in site.

Teachers/Coaches are a union of one and have a voice and cover each other’s backs, period end of sentence.

To be honest with you, it should be this way and I don’t have an issue with everyone sticking together as an administration but this has become embarrassing and comical if one doesn’t know any better.

No one on this site will ever change my opinions or passion for this program and school and I will do anything I can to help preserve and protect the program and the kids.

Just an outsider now looking in with a voice.

I’ve been a teacher for 24 years in two different school districts. I have no idea what you are talking about. Teachers don’t decide who will be hired/fired as coaches.

I’ve been a teacher for 24 years in two different school districts. I have no idea what you are talking about. Teachers don’t decide who will be hired/fired as coaches.

Teachers in the State of KY have a union and cover each other’s back.

Have a fellow teacher who also so happens to be a coach be threatened of his job and all fellow teachers go to bat for him.

In this situation at Highlands, the current football coach (middle school teacher) has been eating lunch and buddies with a fellow middle school teacher (now new Highlands Athletic Director) for last 15 years together and now it’s time for buddy to fire buddy from coaching position because buddy can’t get the job done, not happening.

Your right, nothing to see here move along.

I don’t expect you to understand because again you are outside looking in and don’t know all of the dynamics involved.

It’s a Highlands Football thingy. Re read my earlier posts and you should be able to connect some dots.

Edited by theguru
Politics - Terms of Service

You can ask for a list of things all you want, they’ll never give you one. They’ll pretend no one else can relate or understand, because they can’t produce a legitimate list of grievances. They’d rather just be vague and complain.

Here’s a list of things...

46-31 over 6 yrs of coaching at Highlands.

Take away your 1 best year 2014 Tubby Smith team and he is 33-29 just 4 games over 500.

But he is a good guy.

The 3-8 2016 Year was the year it should have happened but it got knocked down because of one man.

Followed up with 6-6 season in 2017 and we off to races.

2018 does a nice job getting to 10-3 but then caps off ‘19 with a 6-5 record.

I’m sorry this guy is inconsistent and all over the place and the numbers speak for themselves. Those are facts my friend, no vagueness or complaining just plain facts.

Wow!!! Where’s ole Clyde at when I need a man that knows what Iam talking about.

There was going to be a drop off. But I don’t think anyone saw a 2008 financial crisis style drop off coming.

If we were playing a golf match and I had to throw out my best two scores and my worst two scores then that’s when you find out who you really are.

Just barely an above 500 football program and that doesn’t cut it at a school that should have no excuses for not being a 750 program just because.

You can ask for a list of things all you want, they’ll never give you one. They’ll pretend no one else can relate or understand, because they can’t produce a legitimate list of grievances. They’d rather just be vague and complain.

Can’t produce a list of grievances? Try driving to Fort Thomas and waking into stadium, you will notice a sign full of state championship years. Go watch the game and you will unfortunately, notice mediocrity. People with multiple state titles and people who have donated thousands of dollars and blood, sweat and tears want change. People who show up every Friday and post “honk for the birds all over town.” You’re BW’s biggest fan, yet you’re a Trinity loyalist, very confusing to say the least.

How about you give us a list of reasons why BW should still lead this program? Scratch off “Dale left, or talent” then try. This is NOT Highlands football.

Edited by John Anthony

Can’t produce a list of grievances? Try driving to Fort Thomas and waking into stadium, you will notice a sign full of state championship years. Go watch the game and you will unfortunately, notice mediocrity. People with multiple state titles and people who have donated thousands of dollars and blood, sweat and tears want change. People who show up every Friday and post “honk for the birds all over town.” You’re BW’s biggest fan, yet you’re a Trinity loyalist, very confusing to say the least.

Spot on JA, great post.

If mediocrity ever settled in Louisville at a school named Trinity it would be a fear of losing ones eyesight and hearing because they wouldn’t believe what they were seeing and hearing.

I believed it bothered T for a long time that Highlands was leading and or tied with T in KY for State Titles. Heck little ole Highlands beat T in a bowl game not that long ago.

Highlands once could stand stand tall and say we were the 2nd winningest program in the USA but 31 losses in 6 years hurts your case and takes you out of the conversations.

T owns Highlands now and I highly doubt we will ever match or surpass an all boys program the size of T in football ever again nor should we expect this.

But for gods sake quit protecting and making excuses for the current Highlands coach and saying the world is against him and he has no chance to win. Your better than this