Everything posted by BlueKernels
-
Cutter Boley (Lexington Christian Academy '24) Recruiting
Looks like he reclassified to class of 2025... which seems a little odd given the interest he's already getting from big time programs. I watched some of his film... huge upside for sure and can already really sling it.
-
Georgetown looking…
Dean Hood at Murray State of the OVC is at 190K. Hired in 2019 I believe.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
Unnecessary to take a shot at the kid. Fortunately for Beechwood, even though The tigers looked to not have an answer for him, LCA’s coach ran him very little in the first half and then it looked like he took a hit late in the 2nd quarter and was playing hurt the rest of the game. Only had a couple touches after that point. Congrats to Beechwood!
-
Beechwood vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
You're right!!! Why should a team give it to their best player. ? Unfortunately looks like #20 is playing hurt for LCA now.
-
Beechwood vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
Dear LCA coaches; if you want to have a chance to win, consider giving the ball to #20 more, or even every play until Beechwood stops him. He seems pretty good. Awful play calling by LCA. Didn’t realize the coaching edge Beechwood would have.
-
Beechwood vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
100%. I had some time to kill waiting for a flight yesterday and watched some of the Boyle and LCA game. Brown was outstanding in that game.... however, I felt that LCA really could have used him much more than they did. Not sure if in their other games they tend to limit his touches somewhat as well? I know LCA has a lot of weapons, however, if the coach is not primarily going to #20 on Friday, it would be a big mistake IMO.
-
Beechwood vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
I watched the game last year, couldn’t understand why Brown got the ball so little given that Beechwood had no answer for him. Found out after the fact that he was dealing with a knee injury so was limited in the game to about 12-15 carries I think. I’m sure Beechwood will gear up to stop him as their main focus.
-
Beechwood vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
What exactly is comical here bud? You know Beechwood's played a joke a schedule most of the year, beating up on mighty Newport x2, new cath, Lloyd, WV, Somerset. You guys in Fort Mitchell are getting delusional with this best defense ever stuff. Now that is comical ?
-
Beechwood vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
I still think compared to LCA, the schedule isn't nearly as tough. And it's not the fault of Beechwood, it just happened that CCH had major QB issues for most of the year, and outside of Dixie, the other teams are normally really strong, but just weren't this year in my opinion.
-
Beechwood vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
The LCA RB is a UVA commit I believe. I saw him in person against Beechwood in the champ game last year and he was unstoppable, even though he was playing hurt in that game. Can't expect to totally shut someone like that down.
-
Beechwood vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
Beechwood is a really good team no doubt. They have played a really weak schedule compared to LCA though and I think that will matter. I believe the Beechwood defense is also strong, but has benefited from playing really weak teams all season for the most part, especially in district. They played CCH while CCH was still trying to figure out the QB situation, and basically didn't even try to throw the ball. And Somerset, which is normally a really good team was awful this year. I watched Beechwood and Mayfield last week, no offense to Mayfield, but their O and D line looked like a middle school team. I just don't believe their D has seen anything this season like what LCA brings to the table. LCA having beaten Boyle, with their backup QB, speaks volumes to me. And I don't believe Beechwood is on Boyle's level.
-
Beechwood vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
So you think Beechwood is better than Boyle County? ?
-
Beechwood vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
LCA by 10-14. LCA will be the best defense and offense Beechwood will see this year, Beechwood will not be the same for LCA. LCA just has too much talent on offense to handle and I think will be able to stop Beechwood running game using just the base defense.
-
What's Next For Cov Cath?
Gotta keep all the 8th graders coming up engaged and playing all 4 years. The seniors that just finished up won the gcyl as 8th graders, but had a few kids leave football over the following years that would have been huge to have this season.
-
5th year Seniors...
Probably , who would be playing QB though? And the defense is definitely is helped out by Beechwood’s ability to control the ball on offense. I think it speaks more to how incredibly weak 2a is outside of beechwood and lca than anything. Although, without Cam there likely would have been 1 or 2 losses that would have dropped the rpi, forcing a game with Lca before the finals.
-
5th year Seniors...
Which teams still in it have “re-do” players that have the biggest impact on their teams success? I’m not familiar with all the teams still playing, but for sure Belfry with Dixon and Beechwood with Hergott would be in that discussion.
-
Beechwood 38 Mayfield 7
No way. They were really undersized on the o and d line. I couldn’t believe how small Mayfields linemen were. Some really strong skill position players for sure, but so outmatched in the trenches they couldn’t get anything going.
-
South Warren 46 Woodford County 25
SW is a really strong team no doubt, glad they won. Looks like they played a pretty week schedule too, outside of their loss to the team from TN. Could see the game going either way next week.
-
5th year Seniors...
The scholarship guys of course it make sense. There are probably more of the non scholarship guys though across the board I would think.
-
Woodford County vs. South Warren Predictions/Updates
Nope. Always would rather be playing!
-
5th year Seniors...
Interesting question. Back when this reclassification topic first came up many were adamant that no one was taking advantage of the new rule just for sports(football) that is was for academic, social, etc. reasons. If that was true, why would they NOT come back to school after football??
-
What's Next For Cov Cath?
Agree here. Not a bad year overall. If the team this year had the normal QB play CCH has had over the last several years they are likely still playing this weekend. Don’t really see any reason people should be concerned about anything going forward. Just get back to work for next year!
-
Beechwood vs. Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Cam has taken advantage of his extra year in a big way, he’s probably 20lbs heavier and just as fast, if not even a little quicker this year. VERY hard to bring down. Not even comparable to two years ago.
-
Beechwood vs. Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Absolutely. Make someone else beat you! Or at least make Cam beat you from the pocket.
-
Beechwood vs. Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Much easier said than done..... but the team that can stop Hergott running will have a really good shot at winning the game. At times when Beechwood struggles to throw the ball and run with the rb's, Hergott this year ALWAYS bails them out running. Stop that and you've got a really good shot. Does Mayfield have the D line and disciplined LB's to do it?