Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgetown looking…

Featured Replies

Bill Cronin has retired at Georgetown College after a great run.

Is there a fan base in NKY worrying that they may lose their HC???

  • Replies 87
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Falcon Pride said:

Bill Cronin has retired at Georgetown College after a great run.

Is there a fan base in NKY worrying that they may lose their HC???

Yes. The day we’ve feared since he took the job. 
 

He had to have been their first call, even if just a formality. 

EE would be teaming up with his nephew again and the team wouldn’t miss a beat scheme wise as Eddie runs the Bill Cronin offense to begin with. 
 

2 huge factors. 

My son picked Georgetown because of Coach Cronin. He seemed a little saddened when I spoke to him last night.

2 hours ago, KY Outsider said:

My son picked Georgetown because of Coach Cronin. He seemed a little saddened when I spoke to him last night.

I totally understand how your son is feeling. When I was looking to play college ball after high school I met with Coach Cronin and it was a great experience. His passion was infections and you could tell he cared about his players. To redo things, I would have taken his offer. 

4 hours ago, KY Outsider said:

My son picked Georgetown because of Coach Cronin. He seemed a little saddened when I spoke to him last night.

I can imagine, and I’m sure many kids are feeling this way. Unfortunately it’s apart of the sports world. The last 25 years, Georgetown’s players and recruits were spoiled with a great coach and man, and security in knowing that man that recruited them there, would be there. 
 

As for current recruits, incoming freshman, and current freshman, things are about to change for them, regardless of who they bring in, even if it’s Eddie who is a product of the system, a current coach who was on staff, or someone outside the program. 
 

Hang in there, head down, keep working! 

EE or Dave Trosper. Only two I could think of in NKY that would be good for the job.

27 minutes ago, MOMWOW said:

EE or Dave Trosper. Only two I could think of in NKY that would be good for the job.

Does Dave have any college coaching experience? 

9 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Does Dave have any college coaching experience? 

6 seasons as LB coach at Morehead State and 3 seasons at Union 

1 hour ago, MOMWOW said:

6 seasons as LB coach at Morehead State and 3 seasons at Union 

Gotcha, thanks. Then I definitely agree with your assessment of EE or Trosper! 

12 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

I totally understand how your son is feeling. When I was looking to play college ball after high school I met with Coach Cronin and it was a great experience. His passion was infections and you could tell he cared about his players. To redo things, I would have taken his offer. 

Infectious* Haha 

As an Alum, I would love to see another Tiger take over where Coach Cronin left off. With that being said, those are some very big shoes to fill.

Tigers in the running: An internal hire like Coach Shan Housekeeper makes sense. A former assistant who has coached at Georgetown and Division I level with HS head coach experience (Frederick Douglass), Coach Brian Landis makes sense too. And, of course, Eddie. His name is legend in that locker room.

Keep in mind though, this is at least a Top 10, maybe even Top 5, job in NAIA that hasn't been open for 25 years. There will be plenty of collegiate coaches apply too, from all levels of college football. This is going to be very competitive hiring process, unless Coach Cronin is allowed to pick his successor.

So, I wouldn't start sweating over it just yet.

I would love to see HHS alum and current Tiffin DC Bert Bathiany get a shot. 

This is Housekeeper's job to turn down. If Georgetown ever wants to sniff a conference championship or compete with LWC again, they should probably gear their eyes a little more toward a guy like current LWC DC Kleckler. Bert would also be a strong candidate. I just don't see Housekeeper losing this opportunity to someone from outside the program unless he decides that. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.