Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgetown looking…

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, HedgeHog8 said:

I'm willing to guess that salary is a result of how many conference championships, playoff appearances, championship appearances and rings the man won. Not to mention he was President of the NFCA for years and multi-year winner of the CotY. Most contracts for D1 coaches have built-ins to reward success, who's to say Coach Cronin didn't have some too. He just stayed for 25 years, and who wouldn't at $290K

Where the initial salary sat before all the accolades will be hard to find after 25 years and it is hard to say what the school will value a new coach.

Keep in mind also, the current president was ousted this fall and the College is currently being administrated by the Provost, Dr. Rosemary Allen. So if things are moving slow, it might have something to do with administration.

I guarantee 25 years ago he wasn't at 290k. Wonder how that compares to some OVC, Sunbelt, and non Power 5 salaries? 

  • Replies 87
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

On 12/7/2021 at 4:17 PM, KY Outsider said:

My son picked Georgetown because of Coach Cronin. He seemed a little saddened when I spoke to him last night.

Coach Cronin seemed like a great guy.  We met him when my son was a senior, and he committed to Georgetown.  Later in his senior year he was offered the opportunity to play at EKU and decided to play there.  He had a great 4 years with the Colonels but we were very impressed with Coach Cronin and his staff.  

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

I guarantee 25 years ago he wasn't at 290k. Wonder how that compares to some OVC, Sunbelt, and non Power 5 salaries? 

Dean Hood at Murray State of the OVC is at 190K. Hired in 2019 I believe. 

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

I guarantee 25 years ago he wasn't at 290k. Wonder how that compares to some OVC, Sunbelt, and non Power 5 salaries? 

Looking at some in state schools since Murray State was mentioned, Walt Wells at EKU is making $245k, but this was down compared to what Mark Elder was bringing it, at $320k. Morehead State ‘s Rob Tenyer is at $120k.

$290k is becoming more and more WOW for Cronin. 
 

 

According to Georgetown College’s  2019 tax exempt filing, Cronin’s salary was $128,896. It is doubtful he now makes the $290,000. Salaries are on page 7 of the link attached.    Georgetown College Tax Filing

Just now, Builder1214 said:

According to Georgetown College’s  2019 tax exempt filing, Cronin’s salary was $128,896. It is doubtful he now makes the $290,000. Salaries are on page 8 of the link attached.    Georgetown College Tax Filing

Now that sounds more like it! Thanks Builder!

22 hours ago, theguru said:

Thank you and I would say that is slightly more than CovCath pays. 

There is zero chance, imo, that the next head caoch makes anything near what Coach Cronin made. If they were to offer 85-100 for this next coach they would still be a top paid NAIA guy. 

5 minutes ago, TheGameIsComplicated said:

There is zero chance, imo, that the next head caoch makes anything near what Coach Cronin made. If they were to offer 85-100 for this next coach they would still be a top paid NAIA guy. 

$85k to coach a college football team? No thanks. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

$85k to coach a college football team? No thanks. 

I am glad someone said it, I rolled my eyes when I saw the suggestion.

How in the world could you offer anyone less than say 50% of what the last coach was making and not be laughed out of the room?

Also, if you lowball the new coach it screams to any potential recruits that Georgetown is not serious about their football program.

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am glad someone said it, I rolled my eyes when I saw the suggestion.

How in the world could you offer anyone less than say 50% of what the last coach was making and not be laughed out of the room?

Also, if you lowball the new coach it screams to any potential recruits that Georgetown is not serious about their football program.

If the $128k tax filing is the more accurate number, wouldn't 85k be 66% of the previous pay? Even saying that, it feels like a job like Georgetown is probably more like $100k starting pay.

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

If the $128k tax filing is the more accurate number, wouldn't 85k be 66% of the previous pay? Even saying that, it feels like a job like Georgetown is probably more like $100k starting pay.

I need my accountant! ?

Seriously, we are in lockstep, this is definitely a 100k plus job and if Gtown isn't willing to pay it I wouldn't touch this job with a ten foot pole. 

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

I need my accountant! ?

Seriously, we are in lockstep, this is definitely a 100k plus job and if Gtown isn't willing to pay it I wouldn't touch this job with a ten foot pole. 

If I am not mistaken when the Highlands job was open this past offseason the salary amount thrown around was close to $100K (all in, meaning school job teacher/admin of some sort plus HC job).  If Gtown is in this Salary range I totally agree.....EE will save his gas money from driving down if called upon.  On second thought, EE won't even answer his phone if a Gtown area code comes up on his phone.....

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

$85k to coach a college football team? No thanks. 

I agree with you %100. Unfortunately, an overwhelming majority of the NAIA institutions either don't agree with us or can't afford to agree with us. 

Any idea of what EE is making at CovCath?

Looks as he would be making less than Cronin, less or pretty close to what he is making at CovCath, and is already making more than Landis as a D1 assistant. (If all numbers are correct.) 

Many times when they only pay 85K they still get a car, and a living expense account. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.