Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgetown looking…

Featured Replies

The more I read about this job opening the more I feel like EE is going to still be coaching in Park Hills next season.

I think like a few posters above that the job is going to go to current DC Housekeeper unless he turns it down himself.

This might be a quick pick like ND picking Freeman.....

  • Replies 87
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

On 12/8/2021 at 8:37 AM, HedgeHog8 said:

Keep in mind though, this is at least a Top 10, maybe even Top 5, job in NAIA that hasn't been open for 25 years. There will be plenty of collegiate coaches apply too, from all levels of college football. This is going to be very competitive hiring process, unless Coach Cronin is allowed to pick his successor.

Maybe so, but Georgetown College hasn't really been a championship contender for some time. There will be interest and the program has support, but schools like Lindsey Wilson and Cumberlands have great NAIA programs as well. Georgetown used to be head and shoulders above everyone and could get tons of players. Many of those recruits are choosing to go elsewhere now. A good hire can get Georgetown right back near the top of the Mid-South and NAIA, but that's not a guaranteed position for the Tigers.

29 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

What are the chances of Eviston or Landis coming back to HC the Tigers?

Hopefully 0% Eviston.

100% Landis.

And not because I think Landis is a better coach haha!

I don't know if a lot of people really understand how far away Gtown is from where everyone remembers them. This hire is not inheriting the dynasty that once was. The Bengals arent building anything else.

This program has to hire a guy that can both coach a very high collegiate level of football (not saying they have to come from a high level but be a high level coach), and be able to pull a few kids away from LWC ( a team that has dominated GTOWN for almost a decade) U Cumberlands, and Thomas More. Who knows, KCU might be on the upswing now also. 

I just don't predict that any of the current high school coaches talked about so far can bring that to the table, and as much as a "Georgetown Man" matters to those folks, it might be time to break the mold. 

1 hour ago, TheGameIsComplicated said:

I don't know if a lot of people really understand how far away Gtown is from where everyone remembers them. This hire is not inheriting the dynasty that once was. The Bengals arent building anything else.

This program has to hire a guy that can both coach a very high collegiate level of football (not saying they have to come from a high level but be a high level coach), and be able to pull a few kids away from LWC ( a team that has dominated GTOWN for almost a decade) U Cumberlands, and Thomas More. Who knows, KCU might be on the upswing now also. 

I just don't predict that any of the current high school coaches talked about so far can bring that to the table, and as much as a "Georgetown Man" matters to those folks, it might be time to break the mold. 

I agree with most of @TheGameIsComplicated and @gchs_uk9are saying. Being a Tiger myself, it is sometimes hard to see your team in a negative light. Lindsey has done a very good job, but I'm not quite sure how far off Gtown is from them. I still think this is a Top 10 job because the MidSouth is the SEC of NAIA, couple that with championship tradition, above average facilities (-ish) and alumni support.

I think you hit it square with the recruiting problem, Gtown used to get all the best kids from NKY and Cincy not going D1. Now, I will openly admit, they have competition in recruiting and are a few pieces short each year. If those pieces were funneled back to Gtown and away from Lindsey, would Gtown be national title contenders again? I would hope so.

A new coach may be the spark that gets kids wanting to be Tigers again. Who or what kind of coach could do that? That question brings this thread back full circle to why it is in the HS Football and not the College Football thread. A local-ish HS Coach with a pedigree of success might have enough clout to instantly siphon players to Gtown.

Coach Eviston has that kind of clout imo. Don't know if he will be the guy, but his name has a ton of weight at Gtown already, in the NKY and Cincy area already, and throughout the Bluegrass.

What does this job pay including any benefits if anyone knows?

39 minutes ago, theguru said:

What does this job pay including any benefits if anyone knows?

Google says Bill Cronin made $290K with all in stuff....

Added tidbit:  Was the highest Salary employee of Georgetown College on this list I found.

$20K more then the GC President

Just now, FrankNicodemus said:

Google says Bill Cronin made $290K with all in stuff....

Added tidbit:  Was the highest Salary employee of Georgetown College on this list I found.

$20K more then the GC President

Thank you and I would say that is slightly more than CovCath pays. 

I think Georgetown is in a similar position that Michigan was in when they hired Harbaugh with Ohio State in their conference. You've got several contenders in the mid-south conference for national playoff bids each year and Georgetown is always good... just not good enough. GTown finished 15th this year in the final regular season rankings but they also got it handed to them when they played LWC. GTown is a great program with a lot to offer to recruits, but right now they've just been out worked by the boys down in Columbia. As a former player at LWC, I know they view Georgetown as a big rivalry game since the first years of the program. I'll be interested to see if a new hire could get GTown to elite levels again. I feel like all of the ingredients are there, might just need a young guy in there to go in and shake things up. It should attract some great candidates. 

With this being a college Head Coaching job I would believe that it isn't a drag your feet type of interview process.  With kids ability to transfer at will and incoming recruits chopping at the bit on who the new coach might be, i would say they would hire someone pretty quickly.

Am I wrong assuming the speediness of this search???

13 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Google says Bill Cronin made $290K with all in stuff....

Added tidbit:  Was the highest Salary employee of Georgetown College on this list I found.

$20K more then the GC President

 

12 minutes ago, theguru said:

Thank you and I would say that is slightly more than CovCath pays. 

Wow! I had no idea this job paid that much. It certainly makes me think Eviston may be interested. Those who know better please add info here. I have heard EE's wife has a very good job and her getting that job is why they moved back to N. Ky. That is why I thought it unlikely EE would even think about another job. However, 290k a year puts this opening into a whole new category in my thoughts.

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

 

Wow! I had no idea this job paid that much. It certainly makes me think Eviston may be interested. Those who know better please add info here. I have heard EE's wife has a very good job and her getting that job is why they moved back to N. Ky. That is why I thought it unlikely EE would even think about another job. However, 290k a year puts this opening into a whole new category in my thoughts.

You are reading my mind VoR.  With that kind of money on the table EE has to look at what is best for his family in the long term. 

Anyone, is Coach Eviston going to apply?

18 minutes ago, theguru said:

Thank you and I would say that is slightly more than CovCath pays. 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, theguru said:

You are reading my mind VoR.  With that kind of money on the table EE has to look at what is best for his family in the long term. 

Anyone, is Coach Eviston going to apply?

I don't have any info on that, so I couldn't say for sure, but I would have to guess he would at least have the conversation with Georgetown.

I know part of Eviston's moving back to Northern Kentucky to take the Cov Cath job was the fact that he and his wife's families are in NKY, and also the fact that his wife's job territory was (I believe) Cincinnati and the area north of the Ohio River. She was commuting up to Cincinnati every day for work.

Obviously if he was pulling down something comparable to Coach Cronin, they would have the option to be a one-income household. That may or may not change things. His girls are also 6 years older now, though, and disrupting their lives/friendships would also play a role with their ages.

Still, I'm sure there will be some conversation going on between the Eddie and the folks at Georgetown.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.