Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgetown looking…

Featured Replies

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I don't have any info on that, so I couldn't say for sure, but I would have to guess he would at least have the conversation with Georgetown.

I know part of Eviston's moving back to Northern Kentucky to take the Cov Cath job was family and the fact that his wife's job territory was (I believe) Cincinnati and the area north of the Ohio River. She was commuting up to Cincinnati every day for work.

Obviously if he was pulling down something comparable to Coach Cronin, they would have the option to be a one-income household. That may or may not change things. His girls are also 6 years older now, though, and disrupting their lives/friendships would also play a role with their ages.

Still, I'm sure there will be some conversation going on between the Eddie and the folks at Georgetown.

I don't know where EE lives (and I am not wanting anyone to reveal it) but they could move to Florence and each commute. 

  • Replies 87
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Google says Bill Cronin made $290K with all in stuff....

Added tidbit:  Was the highest Salary employee of Georgetown College on this list I found.

$20K more then the GC President

I am not saying this is wrong, but it is about 3 times more than I have ever heard a small college coach making.  

Most of the small college coaches I know make in the 80-100k range.

59 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Google says Bill Cronin made $290K with all in stuff....

Added tidbit:  Was the highest Salary employee of Georgetown College on this list I found.

$20K more then the GC President

I would have guessed it to be half that price.

If that number is true and I am not doubting it, I think every high school coach in America would be in play.  

I too have hard time believing $290k, but then again Cronin was there for a quarter-century. 
 

Eddie was one of the first calls, whether he will apply, or is interested, is to be determined. But if he is offered even just half of that 290, no one will question his decision. 
 

One interesting tidbit, the Head Coaching job at Georgetown has still not been posted to the NAIA website. Now I know Cronin, retired Tuesday, but usually the search begins immediately and the job posted ASAP. This leads me to believe this is going to be an in house hire and they are waiting to post it until they know they have their guy, or that they are waiting to here back from Eviston or Landis- which is about the closest thing to an “in-house” hire, outside the house. 

16 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I would have guessed it to be half that price.

Agree, I was thinking 150 to 175k, that number from the Great Google Machine shocked me. 

William Cronin HEAD FOOTBALL COACH $290,291

M Dwaine Greene PRESIDENT $271,135

Todd Rasberry VP FOR INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT $175,345

Rosemary Allen PROVOST/DEAN OF COLLEGE $125,974

David Wilhite CFO, TREASURER $120,181

Brian Evans DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS $103,281

Jonathan Sands Wise VP FOR ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT $97,293

James Allison ASSOC. VP COLLEGE RELATION $82,594

Laura Suzanne Johnson VP OF STUDENT LIFE $80,032

Robin Oldham SECRETARY TO BOARD OF TRUSTEES $67,171

per Nonprofitlight.com

WOW! 

  • Author

Not doubting those numbers BUT I’d think that is not just a coaching salary.

Did Coach Cronin teach a class or two? Did he have another administrative position within the school.

That 290 seems REALLY high for “just” a football coach at an NAIA school.

9 minutes ago, Falcon Pride said:

Not doubting those numbers BUT I’d think that is not just a coaching salary.

Did Coach Cronin teach a class or two? Did he have another administrative position within the school.

That 290 seems REALLY high for “just” a football coach at an NAIA school.

My thoughts exactly 

Wow !!  I wouldn't have gotten close if I had to guess. 

I'm willing to guess that salary is a result of how many conference championships, playoff appearances, championship appearances and rings the man won. Not to mention he was President of the NFCA for years and multi-year winner of the CotY. Most contracts for D1 coaches have built-ins to reward success, who's to say Coach Cronin didn't have some too. He just stayed for 25 years, and who wouldn't at $290K

Where the initial salary sat before all the accolades will be hard to find after 25 years and it is hard to say what the school will value a new coach.

Keep in mind also, the current president was ousted this fall and the College is currently being administrated by the Provost, Dr. Rosemary Allen. So if things are moving slow, it might have something to do with administration.

1 hour ago, TheConch said:

William Cronin HEAD FOOTBALL COACH $290,291

M Dwaine Greene PRESIDENT $271,135

Todd Rasberry VP FOR INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT $175,345

Rosemary Allen PROVOST/DEAN OF COLLEGE $125,974

David Wilhite CFO, TREASURER $120,181

Brian Evans DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS $103,281

Jonathan Sands Wise VP FOR ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT $97,293

James Allison ASSOC. VP COLLEGE RELATION $82,594

Laura Suzanne Johnson VP OF STUDENT LIFE $80,032

Robin Oldham SECRETARY TO BOARD OF TRUSTEES $67,171

per Nonprofitlight.com

WOW! 

GC's basketball team has been just as successful at the football program.  If Cronin made that money, then the basketball coach ought to be in the top 10, too.  I would argue he makes about $100,000 to $150,000.

No idea what Cronin makes but the football team brings in 10 times the students to Georgetown College than basketball and I believe most of basketball are on scholarships anyway. So my point is the college brings in much more $$$$ from football than basketball.

35 minutes ago, User147 said:

No idea what Cronin makes but the football team brings in 10 times the students to Georgetown College than basketball and I believe most of basketball are on scholarships anyway. So my point is the college brings in much more $$$$ from football than basketball.

This is important to remember. According to the numbers on the roster, and enrollment, Nearly 13% of the students at Georgetown are football players. The football team is a HUGE part of the tuition and fees the school collects, not to mention the other revenues they bring into the school. Having a successful football team is important to the overall health and well being of the schools finances. Cronin has been very successful, and thus has been a big part of the overall success of the school, and at that salary, was probably a bargain.

Per some research on openpayrolls.com-

Brian Joseph Landis

Assistant Coach 
Georgia State University (GSU) - Georgia State University (GSU) records show Brian Joseph Landis held one job in 2020. The record lists a job of Assistant Coach and a pay of $50,677.50. This is 18.3 percent lower than the average pay for co-workers and 23.2 percent lower than the national average for "such" employees.

This seems a little low to me, I assumed around 75k, but regardless, a Gtown job is definitely more enticing. Not sure of Eddie’s salary, but I’m sure it has been bumped at least once in the last couple years with the success he’s had and the programs he’s had approach him. But I think it’s safe to say, if this number is true for Landis, that Eddie is making more than him at CovCath. Also fun fact doing some research, Landis and Eddie were teammates and roommates at one point. So what don’t they just throw everyone for a loop, and both go to Georgetown, O and D coordinators and co-head coach!

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.