Woodford County vs. South Warren Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Versailles is buzzing, looking forward to this showdown! With a sub par effort plagued with false starts and special team mishaps, the Yellowjackets handled Cov Cath fairly easy. I expect them to fix these things and perform much better against South Warren.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • theguru changed the title to Woodford County vs. South Warren Predictions/Updates
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is going to be a very competitive game IMO.  I went to the CovCath v Woodford game last Friday, as I wanted to see what Woodford Co was all about.  I was very impressed with them and while I do f

A couple of great football families here.....   Woodford County's head coach is Dennis Johnson. His dad, Alvis Johnson, is coaching with him.    South Warren's head coach is Brando

A matchup of former central Kentucky football stars whose fathers were both outstanding coaches. Brandon Smith from South Warren played for his father Chuck at Boyle County while Dennis Johnson of Woo

I think this is going to be a wakeup call for one of these teams. Neither WC or SW have really faced anyone that has challenged them much (besides Hendersonville, TN). I really don't know which team is going to come out on top. I do know that South Warren is going to bring a defense that WC has never seen. Despite being very undersized (only 2 players on SW's defense are 6' or over), they will stifle WC's run game and put more pressure on the QB than WC has seen this year. The real key to WC's success will be their passing game. Can their O-line hold off the Spartan blitz? South is not that great in pass coverage. WC could put up big numbers in the air. For SW, they have to pass protect. If Veltcamp has time, watch out. Few QBs in the state can make the passes that he does. 

If South comes to the game focused, they can beat anyone in the state. If they aren't in the right state of mind, WC will end their season and probably win in the championship. 

• Like 1

I picked Woodford but it could go either way.   Johnson is a good coach, great job!  Brandon Smith is a phenomenal coach IMHO.  I think both teams are pretty evenly matched.

#41 Geilear is a load for Woodford.  MLB and RB.  Fast and hard hitting.  I have no idea but I would bet a wrestler at WC.  When my son wrestled they were always good.

2 hours ago, Spartandad said:

I think this is going to be a wakeup call for one of these teams. Neither WC or SW have really faced anyone that has challenged them much (besides Hendersonville, TN). I really don't know which team is going to come out on top. I do know that South Warren is going to bring a defense that WC has never seen. Despite being very undersized (only 2 players on SW's defense are 6' or over), they will stifle WC's run game and put more pressure on the QB than WC has seen this year. The real key to WC's success will be their passing game. Can their O-line hold off the Spartan blitz? South is not that great in pass coverage. WC could put up big numbers in the air. For SW, they have to pass protect. If Veltcamp has time, watch out. Few QBs in the state can make the passes that he does. 

If South comes to the game focused, they can beat anyone in the state. If they aren't in the right state of mind, WC will end their season and probably win in the championship. 

‘they will stifle WC’s run game and put more pressure on the QB than WC has seen this year.’’ Woodford has weapons upon weapons, with weapons waiting in the shadows. Some might argue that their greatest strength is their offensive line, though. The best defense they’ve seen this year by far is the fast, hard hitting Flyers of Franklin County. I hope South Warren’s defense is what you say it is, I know Woodford will embrace the challenge. I hope South Warren brings a bunch as it’s an easy drive up 65 and across the BG parkway. It should be a packed house as it could easily be a state championship game.

I rolled with Woodford County last week, but I think the Spartans defense will be too much in this game. I really liked what I saw last weed from Woodford so I think this game will be close, but I think South makes it to Lexington.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Silverwolf said:
5 hours ago, Spartandad said:

Expand  

I would say most people would agree that South's defense is probably a half tier better than Franklin County. Central played both teams during the regular season and they were able to put up about 100 more yards rushing against FC. Franklin's performance against them in the playoffs was probably comparable to SW. This week, SW's 1st team defense held South Oldham's run game to probably less than 20 yards and they are a very run dominant squad. Last week,, Bowling Green had about 15 yards rushing. Woodford can expect a tougher matchup than what they saw with Franklin County. At the same time, South's D hasn't faced any KY teams with a top notch offense either. So, this might offer them a challenge too big to overcome.

I'm not silly enough to say that South is going to dominate the game. The Spartans will be a handful for WC though.

South will bring a crowd. It should be an exciting night.

• Like 1

Is SW a balanced offense? WC sold out to stop the run against CCH, blitzing two inside lb’s nearly every play, and it obviously worked against CCH with their struggles/lack of passing game. 9 guys within 6 yards if LOS at the snap most plays. If SW can run\pass consistently they should be able to move the ball and put up enough points to win the game.

29 minutes ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

WoFo is going to Kroger Field. Whether it's close, or convincing... They are winning this one.

Yeah, and you said there was NO WAY that Boyle could beat Freddy D!!

• Like 3