1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is going to be a very competitive game IMO.  I went to the CovCath v Woodford game last Friday, as I wanted to see what Woodford Co was all about.  I was very impressed with them and while I do f

A couple of great football families here.....   Woodford County's head coach is Dennis Johnson. His dad, Alvis Johnson, is coaching with him.    South Warren's head coach is Brando

A matchup of former central Kentucky football stars whose fathers were both outstanding coaches. Brandon Smith from South Warren played for his father Chuck at Boyle County while Dennis Johnson of Woo

9 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

Is SW a balanced offense? WC sold out to stop the run against CCH, blitzing two inside lb’s nearly every play, and it obviously worked against CCH with their struggles/lack of passing game. 9 guys within 6 yards if LOS at the snap most plays. If SW can run\pass consistently they should be able to move the ball and put up enough points to win the game.

South's offense is pretty balanced. 247 Sports has our QB as the top rated recruit in KY for the position. He's a WKU commit with offers to UK and other schools. The Spartans have one receiver that's a WKU commit and another in the class of 2023 that's a Power 5 athlete, according to the ratings. That being said, if he sees too much pressure, then the passing game will fall apart. South's offensive line hasn't been really tested. So we'll see what happens.

• Like 2

South Warren will have the best athlete on the field, the best QB on the field, and the better overall talent.  SW 38 - 14 in a game that isn't that close.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, BillNye said:

South Warren will have the best athlete on the field, the best QB on the field, and the better overall talent.  SW 38 - 14 in a game that isn't that close.

lol…..is that right? Well, we’re just honored that y’all are gonna at least make the 2 hour drive up here so we can honor your presence. 

• Haha 2

I would love to say that I know who will win this game like most of you are able to do but I don’t know much about either team. I will say what I don’t know about this match up is that beating one Coach Smith is difficult but beating two that’s a tall task for anyone!

• Like 3

This usually can't be said, but in this case it can, I trust South's schedule more than Woodford. 

I know the athletes that South has too. And while South is not a great team, they are the best team in 5A this year. 5A is just really down this year.

I see South winning this by 14+. Most likely it will be close in the first half, but I see South pulling away in the second half.

SOUTH 38-20.

• Like 2

Wow, Calpreps got it SW winning 28-27 but that’s at a neutral field.  Since it’s at WC I will take them 28-27. It is a toss up.    
SW beat my Colonels in 2018 State championship so I like to see WC win it all this year which they are capable of doing. 

9 hours ago, BillNye said:

The Patterson kid at WC is a really good QB. Just flown under the radar because their HC / OC didn't know what he had till last year. Smart, strong arm and a competitor. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, jvdfc said:

South Warren by 7. Coach Smith makes the difference in a close one. 

A matchup of former central Kentucky football stars whose fathers were both outstanding coaches. Brandon Smith from South Warren played for his father Chuck at Boyle County while Dennis Johnson of Woodford County played for his father Alvis at Harrodsburg. I'm sure there is some very good coaching advice from both of their fathers circling around their hands in the game plan this week.

• Like 4

A couple of great football families here.....

Woodford County's head coach is Dennis Johnson. His dad, Alvis Johnson, is coaching with him. 

South Warren's head coach is Brandon Smith. His dad, Chuck Smith, is coaching with him.

On and off the field, 4 great men and representing two wonderful families. Best wishes to both teams!

• Like 4
On 11/22/2021 at 9:48 AM, ChiefSmoke said:

Woodford County's head coach is Dennis Johnson. His dad, Alvis Johnson, is coaching with him. 

South Warren's head coach is Brandon Smith. His dad, Chuck Smith, is coaching with him.

On and off the field, 4 great men and representing two wonderful families. Best wishes to both teams!

Love it, thanks for the info @ChiefSmoke!

• Like 1
On 11/22/2021 at 9:48 AM, ChiefSmoke said:

A couple of great football families here.....

Anybody that is interested in high school football in Kentucky, especially local teams and legends, should really get ChiefSmoke’s book “Black Shoes and White Shoestrings”.  A lot of really good stories in there that you would enjoy!

• Thanks 1