Anybody else miss Hal Mumme?

SuperB

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't play any defense, but we don't play any now. With receivers like Burton, (I can't think of the other guys name) and Little out of the backfield, just imagine. Now blast me.

Well, in Mumme's offense, Rafael Little probably wouldn't be near the player he should be. I think he's more of a runner, not a receiver. His carries wouldn't be limited in Mumme's offense, and what carries he did get would be from the shotgun...

I don't like the idea.

I like Joker's offensive scheme and play-calling. When the O-line does it job, our offense is very good, IMO. If we ever get our running game on track (which is not looking good with Little out), we could be really explosive.

Well, in Mumme's offense, Rafael Little probably wouldn't be near the player he should be. I think he's more of a runner, not a receiver. His carries wouldn't be limited in Mumme's offense, and what carries he did get would be from the shotgun...

I don't like the idea.

I like Joker's offensive scheme and play-calling. When the O-line does it job, our offense is very good, IMO. If we ever get our running game on track (which is not looking good with Little out), we could be really explosive.

I didn't like Mumme's "O" either 5wide, I realize that it brought excitment to the fans and all but imo you cannot have a truely sucsessful offense w/o being able to run the football. This opens up the passing game even more and take more pressure off the defense with ball/clock control by the offense.

I've never been happier to see a coach leave as I was when Mumme left. Ask the fans at NM State what they think about Mumme. He led them to an impressive 0-12 record in his first season in the powerful WAC, and they currently sit at 2-3. That's 2-15 so far at NM State. Could be the worst hire in UK Athletic history.

Coach Mumme brought back excitement with his style of play, but I will have to disagree with the worst hire in history. I think that distinction belongs to our current coach!!

I miss Guy Morris alot more than I miss Hal Mumme. Mumme belongs in Division III or better yet, real estate sales.

There is absolutely NO place for Hal Mumme in NCAA Division III. Those are some of the finest institutions in this country. They don't give athletic scholarships and you rarely find any of those schools on probation. Maybe your right about the real estate sales, though!

There is absolutely NO place for Hal Mumme in NCAA Division III. Those are some of the finest institutions in this country. They don't give athletic scholarships and you rarely find any of those schools on probation. Maybe your right about the real estate sales, though!

Its amazing that he still has a few supporters on here. He's about as ethical as Enron's management team. Those same people will be wanting UK to hire Bob Huggins to replace Tubby next!!!

I object to some of these statements on here, my wife used to sale real estate and she has more integrity in her little finger than Hal could ever think of having. Hal's record sure dropped off after he ran out of Bill Curry's players.:thumb:

Missing the stlye of football that was played is one thing. I can understand that. However, that is not what the thread is about. It is about missing Hal Mumme. Anyone who misses him is basically saying, "I dont' care about ethics, integrity or really much of anything except winning (or at least putting up points)." I would much rather have my son play for Rich Brooks than Hal Mumme.