Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Several Kentucky county clerks defy same-sex marriage ruling.

Featured Replies

That's really none of your business.

 

So if they simply didn't like each other you'd not grant it? Sounds like it is wise that you don't serve in government--and I don't mean that in a mean way. At least you said you'd have the decency to step down.

 

You are a terrible mind reader. You asked me a question. I answered it the best I could. You ridicule me for my answer. Good thing I know Jesus. And you expect me to answer all your questions but you are ashamed to answer mine. I should have stopped with this way earlier. Nothing good is coming out of this except arguments.

  • Replies 284
  • Views 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look it up if you do not understand what it means.

 

Explain it better. How did this decision impact your belief in your faith? It couldn't have bc there was zero religious impact. This was purely civil. The only religious impact were created by people who created a controversy. Nothing in Kennedy's holding said that we are playing God. Nothing said that religion A, B, and C had to accept this ruling or else. Yet, here we are on the brink of Armageddon, right Chicken Little.

 

It is funny. I had a nun in grade school tell me that the Lord created us in his image and gave us Free Will to honor him. If we loved him, we would follow. If we didn't, we would ultimately perish and spend eternity in Hell. Somewhere along the lines people have forgotten that free will is one of God's greatest gifts. They try to thump the Word into ya until you just believe. They don't allow you to take God as he comes. They force you to take God how they perceive him. 1 Bible and thousands of scholars with thousands of interpretations. Which one is right? Maybe there isn't a right answer and it is up to the individual to interpret the Word on their own. Maybe people don't find it...either way, your approach goes violates the concept of free will.

Christianity is not supposed to be the rule of the land. But you are wrong about the Bible.

 

Look up Vidal v. Girard's Executors, 1844

 

I'm not reading a long court case. Why don't you give me the Cliff Notes version.

 

The Bible does not rule the land.

I'm not reading a long court case. Why don't you give me the Cliff Notes version.

 

The Bible does not rule the land.

 

Read it and then get back to me.

Explain it better. How did this decision impact your belief in your faith? It couldn't have bc there was zero religious impact. This was purely civil. The only religious impact were created by people who created a controversy. Nothing in Kennedy's holding said that we are playing God. Nothing said that religion A, B, and C had to accept this ruling or else. Yet, here we are on the brink of Armageddon, right Chicken Little.

 

It is funny. I had a nun in grade school tell me that the Lord created us in his image and gave us Free Will to honor him. If we loved him, we would follow. If we didn't, we would ultimately perish and spend eternity in Hell. Somewhere along the lines people have forgotten that free will is one of God's greatest gifts. They try to thump the Word into ya until you just believe. They don't allow you to take God as he comes. They force you to take God how they perceive him. 1 Bible and thousands of scholars with thousands of interpretations. Which one is right? Maybe there isn't a right answer and it is up to the individual to interpret the Word on their own. Maybe people don't find it...either way, your approach goes violates the concept of free will.

 

Apparently you have not read all of my passages because I frequently indicated that God give us free will to make choices. However, choices have consequences.

You are a terrible mind reader. You asked me a question. I answered it the best I could. You ridicule me for my answer. Good thing I know Jesus. And you expect me to answer all your questions but you are ashamed to answer mine. I should have stopped with this way earlier. Nothing good is coming out of this except arguments.

 

I fail to see how I ridiculed you. You said earlier that you would step down if presented with having to issue a marriage license to a homosexual couple. You also readily admitted that you'd interject your religious beliefs into divorce proceedings if you were a judge. I simply said that it is a good thing that you are not in those type of positions and I commended you for having the decency to step down in that situations. Where is the ridicule?

Yes, free exercise of religion - not, free exercise from religion.

 

How can you be free to exercise your religion if another's religion is imposed on you?

How can you be free to exercise your religion if another's religion is imposed on you?

 

You can't. I said it before in another thread (or maybe even this one, I can't remember). You cannot have freed of religion without having freedom from.

Morals are not theocracy.

 

What we have now is anything goes.

"If God is not, all things are permissible."

--Dostoyevsky (Brothers Karamosov)

 

Did Kentucky pass a law legalizing gay marriage?

 

Did Kentucky pass a law outlawing segregation or allowing interracial marriagr?

Apparently you have not read all of my passages because I frequently indicated that God give us free will to make choices. However, choices have consequences.

 

I have. I have read where you said that you will struggle to pray for people who support gay marriage. How this decision is a direct insult to God and thine end is near without repentance. I didn't see where you supported free will. I didn't see where you allowed people to sink or swim. I read a lot of fear and disbelief that people could see this differently than you. People will find God when he enters into their lives. I know that for a fact. Raining down fire and brimstone doesn't make people more receptive or speed the Lord up. It just irks people.

Read it and then get back to me.

 

You'll be waiting for awhile then because if you read my post, I'm not reading a long court case.

Yeah, it was called the Civil War. Worked out pretty well.

 

This is on another thread too...in the first civil war there was somewhat of a geographic line separating the division, but today's division is ideology, and for a large part would be old vs young.

Reasonable explanation but still inexcusable on their part IMO. Like Mexitucky said, this is just more protesting. How do they get around it? Stop issuing all licenses so now NOBODY can get married. That makes sense. :lol2:

 

Sure it's 100% a protest but why not? Everybody is doing it.

Government employees are expected to uphold the law, including military following the appointed Commander-in-Chief regardless of their political view.

 

If the clerks do not like the ruling and do their jobs then they should resign.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.