Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Several Kentucky county clerks defy same-sex marriage ruling.

Featured Replies

We already have that or would you rather have murderers and thieves run the streets?

 

I certainly don't want murderers and thieves running the streets. Laws have been established that punished those who perpetrated those crimes. However, those are crimes in both secular and religious societies. To say that we'd allow those activities to happen if we didn't follow the Bible is nothing more than a straw-man.

  • Replies 284
  • Views 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think mine should, not once have I ever said anything like that. I just said I wont bend on what I believe because of what anyone else thinks.

I dont think mine should, not once have I ever said anything like that. I just said I wont bend on what I believe because of what anyone else thinks.

 

And I don't think you should. If you believe same-sex marriage is wrong and should not be allowed then that is your belief and I don't fault you for it. However, if you are sworn to carry out the law of the land, then I believe you should have to, whether you like it or not.

So would we go back to capital punishment for adultery and defying one's parents?

 

You tell me.

 

We have already crossed over into unchartered territory as a nation as of Friday.

 

That would be similar to throwing a hail mary from one's own 20 yard line and expecting a touchdown 80 yards away.

I certainly don't want murderers and thieves running the streets. Laws have been established that punished those who perpetrated those crimes. However, those are crimes in both secular and religious societies. To say that we'd allow those activities to happen if we didn't follow the Bible is nothing more than a straw-man.

 

Easy to say after we followed the Bible for so long and have suddenly decided over the last 50 years in America to throw it in the dumpster.

You tell me.

 

We have already crossed over into unchartered territory as a nation as of Friday.

 

That would be similar to throwing a hail mary from one's own 20 yard line and expecting a touchdown 80 yards away.

 

Why should I have to tell you? You are one espousing law to be Canon Law for the entire land. If I misread your response earlier, I am sorry.

Easy to say after we followed the Bible for so long and have suddenly decided over the last 50 years in America to throw it in the dumpster.

 

You seem to believe that the US followed the Bible over Constitutional Law somewhere? When was that? When the Puritans made war on the Pequot Indians? When the US uprooted the Cherokee? When slavery was defended from the bar and the pulpits? When segregation or 3/5 rule, or Dred Scott were the law of the land? When women were not allowed to vote?

Why should I have to tell you? You are one espousing law to be Canon Law for the entire land. If I misread your response earlier, I am sorry.

 

You must have misinterpreted my quotes.

 

I am against same-sex marriage, not have a theocracy run the USA.

You seem to believe that the US followed the Bible over Constitutional Law somewhere? When was that? When the Puritans made war on the Pequot Indians? When the US uprooted the Cherokee? When slavery was defended from the bar and the pulpits? When segregation or 3/5 rule, or Dred Scott were the law of the land? When women were not allowed to vote?

 

Read post 83

Then you would be wrong, theguru.

 

Cardinals2745, thank you.

 

Because of this decision and the confederate flag, I can identify the homophobes and bigots much easier. I'm thankful that people like that don't dictate rules in this country.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Obviously, but we are crossing a fine line when we get in to our local officials making calls based upon their Christian beliefs, which is what one of the Clerk's quoted. They are not balking at this because Kentucky voters turned down gay marriage.

 

What happened to separation of church and state? They are working for the government. Their religious beliefs have no place here.

 

Murders, pedophiles, and child abusers are against my moral and religious beliefs, but when they come into the hospital I still have to take care of them. I might not like it but my professional responsibilities are separate from my personal ones.

Not sure why this is surprizing.

 

While the vilinizing of the clerks seems fashionable they do have a logistical problem.

 

They do their duty based on state laws, state regulations, state policy and state procedure. They get direction from state authorities. In less than 2 business days do you bleieve the state has issued new laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures?

 

Of course not.

 

The logistics of the action by the court leaves much to be desired. The court was irresponsible in the manner in which issued their opinion and set very unrealistic expectations. There is no way the states can react immediately to this - there are 50+ sets of laws and massive amounts of policy and precedures that will have to reworked.

 

Regardless of a clerks personal feelings - they are in postion of legal limbo until the state, counties, etc. react. This does not happen overnight.

Not sure why this is surprizing.

 

While the vilinizing of the clerks seems fashionable they do have a logistical problem.

 

They do their duty based on state laws, state regulations, state policy and state procedure. They get direction from state authorities. In less than 2 business days do you bleieve the state has issued new laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures?

 

Of course not.

 

The logistics of the action by the court leaves much to be desired. The court was irresponsible in the manner in which issued their opinion and set very unrealistic expectations. There is no way the states can react immediately to this - there are 50+ sets of laws and massive amounts of policy and precedures that will have to reworked.

 

Regardless of a clerks personal feelings - they are in postion of legal limbo until the state, counties, etc. react. This does not happen overnight.

 

This definitely makes some sense but it appears, and I stress appears, that they are refusing to license people because of their personal beliefs. I can't imagine that there needs to be that many new laws, rules and regulations to take place.

Easy to say after we followed the Bible for so long and have suddenly decided over the last 50 years in America to throw it in the dumpster.

 

America has never followed the Bible. Don't be ridiculous.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.