Several Kentucky county clerks defy same-sex marriage ruling.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a difference between the clerks rejecting issuing a license to a citizen, and a clerk rejecting a black from registering to vote in the not too distant past?

Or a clerk rejecting anyone for any reason. Seems like that door is opened now.

I don't like your shoes. Denied.

After some thoughts and reflection here are my feelings.

I don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle. It is my personal belief that it is morally wrong. With that said if two homosexuals live together or get married it really effects my no differently. What really rubs me the wrong way is the way this administration continues to ram issues down our throats.

Does that make sense or am I missing something?

I get it. But in Texas the state is telling the clerks to do what they wish. What JJ is saying is something that I think needs to be watched. Contrary to popular belief this is not a popular decision across the country.

Its not. My reasoning behind this is when each state put this to vote is same sex marriage was voted down. From that history tells us that when your vote or opinion does not count anymore then there are problems coming. Just a little common sense.

What really rubs me the wrong way is the way this administration continues to ram issues down our throats.

Does that make sense or am I missing something?

What did the current administration do with regards to this decision?

And to be fair, the previous administration was tossing around the idea of a Constitutional amendment to ban same sex marriage. That could easily be considered "ramming an issue" too.

Its not. My reasoning behind this is when each state put this to vote is same sex marriage was voted down. From that history tells us that when your vote or opinion does not count anymore then there are problems coming. Just a little common sense.

The role of the Supreme Court is to review the constitutionality of a law. Just because the majority of people vote for something that doesn't make it legal.

Hypothetically, could a majority of citizens vote to ban free speech? Perhaps. But then the court would review it and determine if that was allowed.

What did the current administration do with regards to this decision?

And to be fair, the previous administration was tossing around the idea of a Constitutional amendment to ban same sex marriage. That could easily be considered "ramming an issue" too.

If by ramming you mean passing an amendment that the majority supported then yes.

When has this ever happened before? Name one time. Maybe I am wrong but this is the only time I can remember this happening like this?

Roe v. Wade? Lawrence v. Texas, struck down sodomy laws in 13 states and made it legal nationwide. Brown v. Board of Education...There's several.