Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Several Kentucky county clerks defy same-sex marriage ruling.

Featured Replies

There is a better chance of ISIS becoming peace corp missionaries than me bending on what I believe.

 

ISIS thinks their religion should rule the world and you think your religion should rule the world.

 

Scary my brother.

  • Replies 284
  • Views 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this comment may not be too popular but maybe the Bible is the problem and the Supreme Court had the balls to say it.

 

Then you would be wrong, theguru.

What I am saying is that when the government starts striking down whats been voted on and the people have no say there are going to be problems. Does this not concern you at all? Its like we vote to have alcohol sales in Kentucky state wide and a group of judges that were not elected by the people( appointed) say no I dont think so. We are smarter than you and what you think dont matter so we will run your lives for you. Thats the problem I have with this, besides its goes against what I believe as a Christian. There are many more like me than you guys realize. Call me close minded, live in bad " location location all you want, but I am a Christian and my guide is the Bible and those things I will never bend on. I do not try to ram what I believe down anyone's throat. I do not hate gay people nor do I hate anyone. I have lots of friends that are gay. I don't agree with their lifestyle but never do I beat them up over it.

 

In a legal sense it is no different than when the Supreme Court ruled vs Segregation. Segregation was the voted on law of the land and they overturned it. Of course it took close to 10 or 12 more years to be instituted.

I know this comment may not be too popular but maybe the Bible is the problem and the Supreme Court had the balls to say it.

 

There is a sizable number of Americans who think they would like a theocracy. The only problem with that Christian theocracy, however, is would it be Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, Presbyterian, Pentecostal, Church of Christ, etc.? And you can rest assured that "using the Bible" as the rule book would be just as controversial because interpreting the Bible is what led to the countless denominations in America today.

In a legal sense it is no different than when the Supreme Court ruled vs Segregation. Segregation was the voted on law of the land and they overturned it. Of course it took close to 10 or 12 more years to be instituted.

 

"With all deliberate speed..."

ISIS thinks their religion should rule the world and you think your religion should rule the world.

 

Scary my brother.

 

Same thought process that other long-forgotten civilizations have traveled.

There is a sizable number of Americans who think they would like a theocracy. The only problem with that Christian theocracy, however, is would it be Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, Presbyterian, Pentecostal, Church of Christ, etc.? And you can rest assured that "using the Bible" as the rule book would be just as controversial because interpreting the Bible is what led to the countless denominations in America today.

 

Morals are not theocracy.

 

What we have now is anything goes.

There is a better chance of ISIS becoming peace corp missionaries than me bending on what I believe.

 

I don't think you should bend what you believe.

 

But there are repercussions for not fulfilling your job and the price might be a new career.

There is a sizable number of Americans who think they would like a theocracy. The only problem with that Christian theocracy, however, is would it be Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, Presbyterian, Pentecostal, Church of Christ, etc.? And you can rest assured that "using the Bible" as the rule book would be just as controversial because interpreting the Bible is what led to the countless denominations in America today.

 

And that would be exactly what the Founding Fathers did not want

I don't think you should bend what you believe.

 

But there are repercussions for not fulfilling your job and the price might be a new career.

 

I could not issue the license, but I am not a clerk and if I were I would have to step down if this was a requirement. This will become another legal battle.

Morals are not theocracy.

 

What we have now is anything goes.

 

Theocracy: A form of government in which God (or a deity) is recognized as the king or immediate ruler, and his laws are taken as the statute-book of the kingdom, these laws being usually administered by a priestly order as his ministers and agents; hence (loosely) a system of government by a sacerdotal order, claiming a divine commission; also, a state so governed

 

Am I wrong in saying that many would like the Bible's "laws [to be] taken as the statute-book of the kingdom?"

I would say what we have always had is the rule of law out of an established process.

Theocracy: A form of government in which God (or a deity) is recognized as the king or immediate ruler, and his laws are taken as the statute-book of the kingdom, these laws being usually administered by a priestly order as his ministers and agents; hence (loosely) a system of government by a sacerdotal order, claiming a divine commission; also, a state so governed

 

Am I wrong in saying that many would like the Bible's "laws [to be] taken as the statute-book of the kingdom?"

 

We already have that or would you rather have murderers and thieves run the streets?

I could not issue the license, but I am not a clerk and if I were I would have to step down if this was a requirement. This will become another legal battle.

 

And I admire that more than just a refusal to serve the public I am paid to serve.

We already have that or would you rather have murderers and thieves run the streets?

 

So would we go back to capital punishment for adultery and defying one's parents?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.