Several Kentucky county clerks defy same-sex marriage ruling.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were these voted on issues that were voted down? Roe vs Wade needs to be repealed by the way...:popcorn:

Since I said that one case repealed the sodomy laws of 13 states I would have to think that is a yes. I think you should know the Roe v. Wade and Brown v. Board of Education cases. Both invalidated state's laws as well.

I know most of these cases. But were the cases you cite something that each state had a vote on and the majority of the voters voted for? I already know the answer by the way.......there are alot of laws on the books I do not agree with even now.

You guys are just leaving out the main thing here. This was voted down in Kentucky and several other states. The people did not want this. When things like this happen there are going to be problems. To think otherwise is not smart.

I know most of these cases. But were the cases you cite something that each state had a vote on and the majority of the voters voted for? I already know the answer by the way.......there are alot of laws on the books I do not agree with even now.

You guys are just leaving out the main thing here. This was voted down in Kentucky and several other states. The people did not want this. When things like this happen there are going to be problems. To think otherwise is not smart.

I don't know where you're making the distinction. Many of the laws struck down have been quite popular. Do you think integration was popular in the South when Brown v. Board was handed down? Kennedy had to send the National Guard to Alabama to enforce court orders to integrate Gov. Wallace was ignoring. This isn't anywhere near as intense as that was.

Eventually these states/counties will tire over their tantrums, calm down, and go back to normal.

I can see how a Judge Exec could decide to not perform straight or same sex ceremonies at all. But I have no idea how a clerk can refuse to license them...clerk would be insubordinate in their sworn duties I would think.

You mean kind of like an Attorney General who refused to appeal a state law that he was sworn to uphold?

What I am saying is that when the government starts striking down whats been voted on and the people have no say there are going to be problems. Does this not concern you at all? Its like we vote to have alcohol sales in Kentucky state wide and a group of judges that were not elected by the people( appointed) say no I dont think so. We are smarter than you and what you think dont matter so we will run your lives for you. Thats the problem I have with this, besides its goes against what I believe as a Christian. There are many more like me than you guys realize. Call me close minded, live in bad " location location all you want, but I am a Christian and my guide is the Bible and those things I will never bend on. I do not try to ram what I believe down anyone's throat. I do not hate gay people nor do I hate anyone. I have lots of friends that are gay. I don't agree with their lifestyle but never do I beat them up over it.

On March 2, 1955, Claudette Colvin refused to give up her seat on a bus in Montgomery, Alabama. (Rosa Parks was not the first one.)

Miss Colvin was quoted during the trial:

"I kept saying, 'He has no civil right... this is my constitutional right... you have no right to do this.' And I just kept blabbing things out, and I never stopped. That was worse than stealing, you know, talking back to a white person."

claudette-colvin.png

What I am saying is that when the government starts striking down whats been voted on and the people have no say there are going to be problems. Does this not concern you at all? Its like we vote to have alcohol sales in Kentucky state wide and a group of judges that were not elected by the people( appointed) say no I dont think so. We are smarter than you and what you think dont matter so we will run your lives for you. Thats the problem I have with this, besides its goes against what I believe as a Christian. There are many more like me than you guys realize. Call me close minded, live in bad " location location all you want, but I am a Christian and my guide is the Bible and those things I will never bend on. I do not try to ram what I believe down anyone's throat. I do not hate gay people nor do I hate anyone. I have lots of friends that are gay. I don't agree with their lifestyle but never do I beat them up over it.

I know this comment may not be too popular but maybe the Bible is the problem and the Supreme Court had the balls to say it.