Several Kentucky county clerks defy same-sex marriage ruling.

Obviously, but we are crossing a fine line when we get in to our local officials making calls based upon their Christian beliefs, which is what one of the Clerk's quoted. They are not balking at this because Kentucky voters turned down gay marriage.

I'm no government expert by any stretch but what is the point of states even passing laws at this point?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a difference between the clerks rejecting issuing a license to a citizen, and a clerk rejecting a black from registering to vote in the not too distant past?

State's rights apparently.

Look, it does suck on a pro-Democracy level that one may feel their voice is not reflected in the decision of the high court of the land, but that is the way this thing is structured.

It's a good angle. But, a clerk is a servant of all the citizenry, not just those they agree with.

I get it. But in Texas the state is telling the clerks to do what they wish. What JJ is saying is something that I think needs to be watched. Contrary to popular belief this is not a popular decision across the country.

I get it. But in Texas the state is telling the clerks to do what they wish. What JJ is saying is something that I think needs to be watched. Contrary to popular belief this is not a popular decision across the country.

Oh, trust me, I know it is not. :lol2:

There are going to be alot of people do this in America. Wait and see. History repeats itself. When the government starts over turning what the people vote down there will be problems. Thats why there is a United States of America. 9/10 people I have talked to today agree with the clerks.

When peoples votes no longer matter then its time to do something else.

I would say 7 out of 10 people I talk to disagree with the clerks and agree with the Supreme Court. Then again, I talk to a lot of younger people and more free thinkers.

I would say 7 out of 10 people I talk to disagree with the clerks and agree with the Supreme Court. Then again, I talk to a lot of younger people and more free thinkers.

I haven't spoken to anyone, but I have a hard time thinking 90% of the people I would encounter would feel that way.