My TOP 5 teams in NKY for the 2015 season in order

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finding someone to fill in for Alex Wagner as the leader of the team will be as difficult as it will be to replace anyone else leaving.

Agreed, Alex Wagner was a great football player for the Colonels, but more importantly he was a great kid.

There are 25 other seniors that graduate as well. Replacing the skill players on offense and the leadership on both sides of the ball will be a challenge for Coach Wirth and the rest of the staff.

Time for this group of Colonels (2015 Football Seniors and Underclassman) to step-up.

Highlands needs a QB to step up. No one has heard that in a very long time but that is the biggest question mark I have for the Birds. I also think the 2 platoon system will need to be broke for HHS to be successful.. JMO :idunno:

This is my opinion too. But if I know HHS coaching staff, they will have a creative solution for both instances. Interested in seeing how it works out. My guess...if you want to beat the Birds, schedule then early.

Highlands folk sandbagging...never thought I'd see the day! :banana:

Trust me I like to brag and boast with the best of them. I just think the next couple of years it is going to be interesting in Ft Thomas. If Weinrich wins state the next 2yrs they need to build a bronze statue out in front of Highlands. If HHS is going to be successful they will have to do it in a totally different way then they have the past couple years. JUST SAYIN!

I may be mistaken, but doesn't Beechwood have a strong core returning? In a preseason poll, I'd slot them ahead of CCH, simply because they beat them last year.

Beechwood has some holes to fill, but has a nice core. Return 4 year starting QB and first team all area Fieger (who IMO will be best QB in NKY) All everything LB and WR Slusher, very big linemen Combs and Overstreet on both sides of ball, 1300 yard 26 TD TB in Stringer, and Jacob Cottingham, all kids who were part of what they did. Some nice young players in Everett and Benson, and some line kids that have waited their turn in Rowe and Hermes and will get a shot their senior years who played great at the JV level this year. They have very good young players, but until you see them on Friday night you never know what you get. Not sure they will be top 5 overall in NKY, but with the absence of the dark knight from the west they have a good shot to make it to BG.

Beechwood has some holes to fill, but has a nice core. Return 4 year starting QB and first team all area Fieger (who IMO will be best QB in NKY) All everything LB and WR Slusher, very big linemen Combs and Overstreet on both sides of ball, 1300 yard 26 TD TB in Stringer, and Jacob Cottingham, all kids who were part of what they did. Some nice young players in Everett and Benson, and some line kids that have waited their turn in Rowe and Hermes and will get a shot their senior years who played great at the JV level this year. They have very good young players, but until you see them on Friday night you never know what you get. Not sure they will be top 5 overall in NKY, but with the absence of the dark knight from the west they have a good shot to make it to BG.

Are all those guys going to play? I've been hearing some of those players might not play football this coming year, because they are going to college to play baseball. :idunno: If so Beechwood will struggle.

Are all those guys going to play? I've been hearing some of those players might not play football this coming year, because they are going to college to play baseball. :idunno: If so Beechwood will struggle.

That's been the rumor since arrived their freshman year. With a chance to win a state title, I'm guessing they will be playing on Friday nights.

Agreed, Alex Wagner was a great football player for the Colonels, but more importantly he was a great kid.

There are 25 other seniors that graduate as well. Replacing the skill players on offense and the leadership on both sides of the ball will be a challenge for Coach Wirth and the rest of the staff.

Time for this group of Colonels (2015 Football Seniors and Underclassman) to step-up.

How many starters do they lose? I saw someone earlier say they didn't lose much. I see this is as likely one of the biggest turn-overs for the Colonels, but maybe I lost track of the Juniors and Seniors. What is the insiders perspective.

Not to take anything away from him, but Fieger isn't a 4-year starter. He played Freshman football and didn't play until the playoffs that year. He's very good, but I don't think he will be the Best QB in NKY. I hope I am wrong. In my opinion, he still panics too much.

I do agree about the rest and especially Rowe and Hermes.

The good news is that Rash and crew have a much easier path to State.