My TOP 5 teams in NKY for the 2015 season in order

It does mean something because Cooper is in the same boat and will be going to a first year QB for the 3rd straight year.

No it means nothing and for the record Cooper aint Highlands...not being disrespectful but simply stating facts that can not be argued.

Got to go with Raiderbird on this one...even though he is "big gamer" only fan:thumb:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it means nothing and for the record Cooper aint Highlands...not being disrespectful but simply stating facts that can not be argued.

Got to go with Raiderbird on this one...even though he is "big gamer" only fan:thumb:

Waaaay too lazy to research it, so tell me please: How many respectable runs at state did Highlands make in its infancy? (First 5-10 years).

Hmmm...Interesting:popcorn:

Come on Sweeep...Just Sayin!!!!

Yes HB we have underestimated Cooper and they have always played us tough to the point that a few plays have made the difference. I believe that Cooper may crack the top 5 some where in the season. Just not going to beat us this year. I've got a feeling about our season. We've got more than England and Morgan. With those two and the competency now being restored under center I think we will see a more diverse offense this year.

Pretty sure I heard this same exact statement from Ryle folks this past season. It is setting up to be a great game, being at Cooper is the biggest reason I would give the edge to Cooper

There wasn't an official state title then, so officially...none

It took Highlands 45 years to win their first official state title. Slackers. :D

Of course, once their WAS an official state title HHS won 2 of the first 3 and 4 of the first 10. They've maintained a 42% winning rate for 55 years.

Waaaay too lazy to research it, so tell me please: How many respectable runs at state did Highlands make in its infancy? (First 5-10 years).

Stop it! You really are not going to compare eras are you. I'm not sure they had helmets back then let alone "6" classes. When Highlands started winning State Championships, there were 3 classes.

There is as good a chance of Cooper beating Highlands in that first game as there is Highlands beating Cooper. It's the first game. Lots of areas that need to be figured out. Remember HHS graduated 27 seniors so they need to be replaced. With the 107 on next seasons roster, this looks easier than it will be. I'm sure Cooper is replacing plenty too. I just wouldn't gauge the whole season on the first game. We don't gauge the season on the T scrimmage every year and you see where that has gotten us. 7-8 of the last State Championships.

I look for it to be a great game though and you may be right about it may be HHS toughest competition. Reason for scheduling in the first place.

Yes HB we have underestimated Cooper and they have always played us tough to the point that a few plays have made the difference. I believe that Cooper may crack the top 5 some where in the season. Just not going to beat us this year. I've got a feeling about our season. We've got more than England and Morgan. With those two and the competency now being restored under center I think we will see a more diverse offense this year.[[/b]/QUOTE][/b]

Wow,, way to slam this years quarterback,, if you are friends with that family I would not be expecting an invite to watch the super bowl. I would also be careful putting so much confidence in a kid that has never played 6A ball. However,, it is going to be interesting to see how it all plays out this years. I am just glad I got out of coaching so I can sit back and watch it all. Should be a lot of fun

Yes HB we have underestimated Cooper and they have always played us tough to the point that a few plays have made the difference. I believe that Cooper may crack the top 5 some where in the season. Just not going to beat us this year. I've got a feeling about our season. We've got more than England and Morgan. With those two and the competency now being restored under center I think we will see a more diverse offense this year.[[/b]/QUOTE][/b]

Wow,, way to slam this years quarterback,, if you are friends with that family I would not be expecting an invite to watch the super bowl. I would also be careful putting so much confidence in a kid that has never played 6A ball. However,, it is going to be interesting to see how it all plays out this years. I am just glad I got out of coaching so I can sit back and watch it all. Should be a lot of fun

That's not a slam. We struggled to throw the ball. We missed wide open guys with inaccurate throws and made the easy ones look hard at times. last years QB is a great kid, great student, great family and I wish him nothing but luck as he leaves Ryle. He played to the best of his ability and played his heart out. He struggled throwing the ball, it was counter productive to what we wanted to do offensively, that's not debatable. Not all his fault at times but if you want to be the QB you take the heat when the offense struggles. There were games he personally accounted for more than a few TO's. So where is it said that we can't say that we underachieved at that position last year. That's not personal it's facts. I don't see where that is malicious. We want to be contenders and settling for mediocrity is not going to win any championships. A commitment to perfection and excellence will.

There is as good a chance of Cooper beating Highlands in that first game as there is Highlands beating Cooper. It's the first game. Lots of areas that need to be figured out. Remember HHS graduated 27 seniors so they need to be replaced. With the 107 on next seasons roster, this looks easier than it will be. I'm sure Cooper is replacing plenty too. I just wouldn't gauge the whole season on the first game. We don't gauge the season on the T scrimmage every year and you see where that has gotten us. 7-8 of the last State Championships.

I look for it to be a great game though and you may be right about it may be HHS toughest competition. Reason for scheduling in the first place.

I am not sure, but it sounds like you are comparing the 1st regular season game to a scrimmage.

Is that just in case Cooper actually does win it is a built in excuse?

I know you didn't mean to come across that way but that is how it sounded.

I don't think anyone has proclaimed Cooper to win state but I am curious why some seem to be making excuses already when the season is still so far off? I think HHS will be favored but if Cooper does pull off the win do them a favor and don't cheapen it with excuses, I am sure they would give the same courtesy if roles are switched.

That's not a slam. We struggled to throw the ball. We missed wide open guys with inaccurate throws and made the easy ones look hard at times. last years QB is a great kid, great student, great family and I wish him nothing but luck as he leaves Ryle. He played to the best of his ability and played his heart out. He struggled throwing the ball, it was counter productive to what we wanted to do offensively, that's not debatable. Not all his fault at times but if you want to be the QB you take the heat when the offense struggles. There were games he personally accounted for more than a few TO's. So where is it said that we can't say that we underachieved at that position last year. That's not personal it's facts. I don't see where that is malicious. We want to be contenders and settling for mediocrity is not going to win any championships. A commitment to perfection and excellence will.

I believe Bison as well as most took the "competency being restored" comment as a slam. Missing wide open throws and inaccuracy deals with a players athletic ability which is acceptable but when you make that "competency restored" comment it clearly infers that the previous QB was "incompetent". You might want to choose your words a little more carefully which is what I believe Bison was trying to communicate but I'm not trying to speak for him/her. If that were my son I would have taken that part of your post the same way.

I believe Bison as well as most took the "competency being restored" comment as a slam. Missing wide open throws and inaccuracy deals with a players athletic ability which is acceptable but when you make that "competency restored" comment it clearly infers that the previous QB was "incompetent". You might want to choose your words a little more carefully which is what I believe Bison was trying to communicate but I'm not trying to speak for him/her. If that were my son I would have taken that part of your post the same way.

Meant that as a level of athletic play comment. I see your point. No disrespect meant toward the young man. Consistency would have been a better word.

I am not sure, but it sounds like you are comparing the 1st regular season game to a scrimmage.

Is that just in case Cooper actually does win it is a built in excuse?

I know you didn't mean to come across that way but that is how it sounded.

I don't think anyone has proclaimed Cooper to win state but I am curious why some seem to be making excuses already when the season is still so far off? I think HHS will be favored but if Cooper does pull off the win do them a favor and don't cheapen it with excuses, I am sure they would give the same courtesy if roles are switched.

Excuse part, hardly. Just my opinion on where Highlands will be at the start of the season. And thanks for the advise!

Just sayin!