My TOP 5 teams in NKY for the 2015 season in order

Highlands needs a QB to step up. No one has heard that in a very long time but that is the biggest question mark I have for the Birds. I also think the 2 platoon system will need to be broke for HHS to be successful.. JMO :idunno:

Is this for real? Nothing like instilling confidence in a high school kid with these statements and to get 2 likes none the less.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many starters do they lose? I saw someone earlier say they didn't lose much. I see this is as likely one of the biggest turn-overs for the Colonels, but maybe I lost track of the Juniors and Seniors. What is the insiders perspective.

They return I think about 10 starters altogether. They have a very talented upcoming Junior class who will be expected to do big things in the next 2 years.

They return I think about 10 starters altogether. They have a very talented upcoming Junior class who will be expected to do big things in the next 2 years.

Why exactly is so much expected of the upcoming Junior class? I have been hearing statements like this for the last how many years and then something happens. I would be curious to know who exactly returns for the Colonels and the positions that they play. More interested in knowing how many they have returning on both lines of scrimmage.

Why exactly is so much expected of the upcoming Junior class? I have been hearing statements like this for the last how many years and then something happens. I would be curious to know who exactly returns for the Colonels and the positions that they play. More interested in knowing how many they have returning on both lines of scrimmage.

I have been hearing statements like that too, but haven't bought into any of them. This particular class is the best and deepest class since the freshman class that went on to win state in 2006 with talented offensive skill guys, a big line, and playmakers on defense. Some of these previous CCH teams weren't great coming into highschool but turned out to be good by the end of their careers, while these kids came in with much more talent and are only improving. That's the difference.

Starters that return that I can think of on Offense would be Baute, Reisiger, and technically Ziegelmeyer (who they converted to TE) on the OL, Darlington at RB, McGinness at WR, and Dressman at whatever position he plays.

On Defense, Thorson, and Steins on the DL, Shelton, Pitzer, Sammons, and Butler at LB. There were some guys who started at DB when injuries ocurred. I am sure I am forgetting some.

I have been hearing statements like that too, but haven't bought into any of them. This particular class is the best and deepest class since the freshman class that went on to win state in 2006 with talented offensive skill guys, a big line, and playmakers on defense. Some of these previous CCH teams weren't great coming into highschool but turned out to be good by the end of their careers, while these kids came in with much more talent and are only improving. That's the difference.

Starters that return that I can think of on Offense would be Baute, Reisiger, and technically Ziegelmeyer (who they converted to TE) on the OL, Darlington at RB, McGinness at WR, and Dressman at whatever position he plays.

On Defense, Thorson, and Steins on the DL, Shelton, Pitzer, Sammons, and Butler at LB. There were some guys who started at DB when injuries ocurred. I am sure I am forgetting some.

I'll preface this by stating the following list are players who either started or played starters minutes- whether due to injury or otherwise.

Offense

Reisiger- OL

Baute- OL

Ziegelmeyer- OL

Schulte- OL

Dressman- QB/ ATH

Darlington- RB

McGiness- WR/ ATH

* Will be interesting to see how the QB spot is filled- a number of quality candidates: Dressman, Hentz, Mayer and even McGiness

* Need some WR's to step up. I really like what I've seen out of France and Angel in the Jr class.

Defense

Stiens- DL

Shields- DL

Galvin- DL

(Thorson was injured all year- hopefully he comes back strong next year)

Pitzer- LB

Timmerman- LB

Sammons- LB

Shelton- LB

Best- DB

Caldon- DB

* need some spots filled at DB. I like what I've seen from Crawford, Hornsby and Butler. Could be that a LB gets rotated over to one of the Safety spots.

Special Teams

Long Snapper- Timmerman and Shelton

Kicker- Hornsby

I'll preface this by stating the following list are players who either started or played starters minutes- whether due to injury or otherwise.

Offense

Reisiger- OL

Baute- OL

Ziegelmeyer- OL

Schulte- OL

Dressman- QB/ ATH

Darlington- RB

McGiness- WR/ ATH

* Will be interesting to see how the QB spot is filled- a number of quality candidates: Dressman, Hentz, Mayer and even McGiness

* Need some WR's to step up. I really like what I've seen out of France and Angel in the Jr class.

Defense

Stiens- DL

Shields- DL

Galvin- DL

(Thorson was injured all year- hopefully he comes back strong next year)

Pitzer- LB

Timmerman- LB

Sammons- LB

Shelton- LB

Best- DB

Caldon- DB

* need some spots filled at DB. I like what I've seen from Crawford, Hornsby and Butler. Could be that a LB gets rotated over to one of the Safety spots.

Special Teams

Long Snapper- Timmerman and Shelton

Kicker- Hornsby

Is Dressman playing, last I heard he was not

Shulte will be a returning starter on the O-line as well.

Without a known quantity @ QB, maybe Highlands coaches will put more athletes on the defensive side of the ball instead of simply trying to outscore everyone.

With Coach Weinrich's background in defense you would think that but it would be a big change in philosophy so I wouldn't look for it to happen. Having an question at QB doesn't mean that they don't have talent at the position, besides they've proven in the past that they can put up a ton of points with the run game. Will be interesting to follow either way.

1. Highlands

2. Ryle

3. SK

4. Beechwood

5. CCH

Honorable mention: Cooper, Dixie

Highlands is #1 till they get knocked off. #2 & #3 Ryle and SK are loaded. This will be a war and could flip. (I'll be a homer and put Ryle over them. lol) #4 Beechwood, They are very good, just don't know if they are 6a or highlands competitive. #5 Ryle and Beechwood beat CCH so they fit there. HM: Cooper, you just never know they may surprise some people. Dixie- lost a lot due to graduation they will have to earn their way back.

1. Highlands

2. Ryle

3. SK

4. Beechwood

5. CCH

Honorable mention: Cooper, Dixie

Highlands is #1 till they get knocked off. #2 & #3 Ryle and SK are loaded. This will be a war and could flip. (I'll be a homer and put Ryle over them. lol) #4 Beechwood, They are very good, just don't know if they are 6a or highlands competitive. #5 Ryle and Beechwood beat CCH so they fit there. HM: Cooper, you just never know they may surprise some people. Dixie- lost a lot due to graduation they will have to earn their way back.

HM for Cooper. That's about right as they relish in flying under the radar and just going about their business. No hype, no flash, just a team that works hard and let's the results speak for itself which has been pretty good for a school that will start only it's 8th season.