Everything posted by Bluedad
-
Covington Holy Cross 44 Walton-Verona 0
I also don't see any NCC fans claiming to be "the best" anything, let alone the best defense after beating two teams who historically struggle to even have a winning season. Congrats to HC- you've won two games and have some good players. Asking why Team A gets more juice than us comes off like an inferiority complex.
-
Covington Holy Cross 44 Walton-Verona 0
You're ready to make this declaration after beating Holmes and Walton-Verona. Incredible.
-
Bluegrasspeps' Class 5A Rankings - Discussion
Except you said "...they lose to everyone with a pulse." So yes, I get what you said- but apparently that's not what you meant to say.
-
Bluegrasspeps' Class 5A Rankings - Discussion
So you are basing this years ranking on last years results- awesome. While talking about last year, I guess it's worth noting that the teams they lost to ended up @ 56-21 overall (though I confess that I couldn't find Sycamores final results.) many of which made deep playoff runs in their respective State tournaments. I stand by my (sarcastic) assertion that you made a brilliant post based on the fact that clearly, the teams they lost to last year did indeed have a pulse. This year is TBD- but I don't think I'd be going out on a limb by saying Ryle also has a pulse.
-
Bluegrasspeps' Class 5A Rankings - Discussion
Typically brilliant post
-
Highlands 52 Cooper 42
And from a distance, I can still hear, "...is Richie gonna play tonight?" Sheesh.
-
6A Cooper at 5A #4 Highlands Predictions
Bingo- touting a wide receiver as one of the key reasons you will win while at the same time getting demolished in a 7v7 (where all you do is pass obviously) against a team that is still TBD doesn't add up for Cooper. Who is going to throw it to this kid? I say Highlands by two touchdowns.
-
Highlands vs. St. X (Cincy) Scrimmage
Kudos to Highlands for getting this scrimmage. My thoughts would be just to stay healthy.
-
Hypothetical Question: Coaching Expectations Today
I would ask: - Are participation numbers dropping? - Is there stability in the assistant coaching staff? - What is the experience of the young men? Are they "on board"? - How are the young men stacking up in the classroom and in the school? - Are they developing leaders? - Is there a feeder program and if so, are they nurturing it? If these answers are all positive, then IMO, the program is in good hands.
-
Covington Catholic 2016
Didn't attend but heard it was Cov Cath pretty decisively.
-
NKY Power Ranking Discussion
I just can't put Cooper as high as they have them in that link considering they are still looking for(or developing) a QB. I like the kids and they have talent- but not that high IMO
-
NKY Power Ranking Discussion
Didn't see it but heard it was Cov Cath pretty decisively.
-
NKY Power Ranking Discussion
That's a conspiracy theory that doesn't fly. That schedule was made well before Wirth had an inkling of leaving. There's no truth to making it this tough just to make the next coach "look bad."
-
NKY Power Ranking Discussion
Are you really saying that last years schedule wasn't "nearly as tough as previous years?" That's incredibly silly IMO. As for this year- substitute Oak Hills for Cincy St X ( which is obviously a much better matchup) and the rest of the schedule is (I believe) the same- so still very tough. I think they have the skill players and Mayer will improve a lot from last year which is great news. The story will come down to the line play on both sides. Find the right formula and I see 7 wins. If the injury bug hits I see possibly a .500 season- but still at least in the top four in NKy behind Ryle and Highlands (got to beat them before I can predict otherwise)- and someone needs to convince me that SK will keep the bus rolling. I've seen what they've had coming up through the ranks and I don't see them leaps and bounds better than CCH this year at all.
-
Highlands 2016
He was at Gray MS- so going to CCH from there raised no issues
-
Highlands 2016
Good punter when focused but long way to go as a WR. Didn't start on a team that desperately needed its WR's to step up last year- so I'm not sure how this pushes Highlands WR corp to "possibly" be one of the best in the state. Good luck to the kid.
-
Best Football Stadium in NKY?
Not all Lexington schools have concessions down by the end zones - and what's the flipping obsession with two concession stands anyway?
-
Question for Covington Catholic fans
I wish I had time for this- Got some puppies to drown while my son trips an old lady crossing the street. Tomorrow we release some roaches in a daycare- I'll re- tweet some snapchats for the concerned adults here. Ahhh, good times from the top.
-
Question for Covington Catholic fans
So many grown kids on this site. Moaning about the "re-tweet of a snap chat" of a teenager. Get a life.
-
Bengals and NFL Continue Support of Schools With Presentation at Covington Holy Cross
What?
-
Top Returning NKY Quarterbacks in 2016
Awesome comeback. Hudl is calling you
-
9th Region: Is this true?
Just to piggyback Typical cost of tourney game at NKU Ticket - $6 (if you pre buy at school) Parking- $5 Hot Dog- $4 Drink- -$4 Total- $19 Typical cost of a tourney game at a High School Ticket - $4 ( guessing at this, if pre buy at school) Parking- $0 Hot Dog - $2 Drink - $1 Total- $7 Pros vs Cons Cost: @$12 upcharge to attend per person on average at NKU Distance/ Travel/ Parking:yes you pay $5 (part of the $12 up charge) which gets you a spot in the garage. Walking distance is a wash- might be a lot worse, in fact, if it were at a High School. Drop off/pick up area at NKU for parents and kids very nice Amenities: cushioned seats with arm rests, professional scoreboard with PA, plenty of space, general admission so get as close to the floor as you want. NKU wins hands down. I've been to my daughters games when it was a ghost town and I've been to games (CCH vs Holmes) when they almost filled the entire place. Put a high school band and a student section in there and the atmosphere is great. The 9th region is very fortunate to have this at their disposal. Any other region that had such a facility would hold tourney there in a second and they wouldn't bat an eyelash at the upcharge in prices- which, other than the ticket and parking, are optional anyway.
-
9th Region: Is this true?
For what it's worth- You typing the same thing 85 times in the same thread does not constitute "lots of people". Hilarious that you've never set foot in the place yet continue this diatribe. Been fortunate to have my daughter's team play there the past three years- mostly in front of a ghost town. Wouldn't trade it for anything and neither would she.
-
The Best Receivers in NKY 2016
If football knowledge is defined by cutting and pasting stats from MaxPreps and posting links to highlight films on Hudl- then yeah, I guess you have knowledge.
- Covington Catholic 77 Newport 48 (9th Region 1st Rd.)