Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 2016

Featured Replies

What does Covington Catholic need to do to improve in 2016? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 128
  • Views 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm thinking it will basically come down to line play on both sides of ball. Don't think lines will be huge, but If we can open holes for running game and protect QB believe this team can score with a talented bunch of skill players. On D side gotta be able to control the run up front. Again not huge in size, but definitely see most of the sophs and juniors from last year looking noticeably bigger and stronger....

Edited by cchfan
Typo

I'm going to go out on a limb. I predict a 4-6 regular season, followed by blowout wins in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs against weak opponents. In round 3 Highlands beats them again and it's on to basketball.

I'm going to go out on a limb. I predict a 4-6 regular season, followed by blowout wins in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs against weak opponents. In round 3 Highlands beats them again and it's on to basketball.

 

Genius! :D

I expect AJ Mayer will be exponentially better. Got better as last year went on.

Slight change in the schedule for this year. CCH will play Oak Hills HS in the Crosstown Showdown at UC. I Look for a 6-4 record and possibly a 7-3. Loss to Ryle and Lex Cath last year by 7 and 1 respectively could go the other way this year.

 

I don't see the program beating Sycamore, HHS or Scott Co yet.

Slight change in the schedule for this year. CCH will play Oak Hills HS in the Crosstown Showdown at UC. I Look for a 6-4 record and possibly a 7-3. Loss to Ryle and Lex Cath last year by 7 and 1 respectively could go the other way this year.

 

I don't see the program beating Sycamore, HHS or Scott Co yet.

 

So Ryle could go either way and there is no way to beat Highlands?

I think you have that backwards. Isn't Ryle supposed to pretty loaded next year?

I think they will be pretty good they return some good football players.

SPRING BALL

Monday 25th April, 2016

12:00am

Home

 

CAMPBELL COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL

Friday 12th August, 2016

7:00pm

Away

RHS

RYLE HIGH SCHOOL

Friday 19th August, 2016

7:00pm

Away

 

OAK HILLS

Thursday 25th August, 2016

7:00pm

 

SYCAMORE

Friday 2nd September, 2016

7:00pm

Home

LCHS

LEXINGTON CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL

Friday 9th September, 2016

7:00pm

Home

 

BEECHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL

Friday 16th September, 2016

7:00pm

Home

SFDHS

ST. FRANCIS DESALES HIGH SCHOOL

Friday 23rd September, 2016

7:30pm

Away

GCHS

GRANT COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL

Friday 7th October, 2016

7:00pm

Away

HHS

HIGHLANDS HIGH SCHOOL

Friday 14th October, 2016

7:00pm

Away

 

DIXIE HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL

Saturday 22nd October, 2016

1:00pm

Home

 

SCOTT COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL

Friday 28th October, 2016

7:00pm

Home

So Ryle could go either way and there is no way to beat Highlands?

I think you have that backwards. Isn't Ryle supposed to pretty loaded next year?

 

I think Ryle will have the best skill players in NKY and maybe the state minus the Louisville schools based upon what I saw last year. But we all know the game is won in the trenches so we will see how they do. I believe they only have 2 returning linemen.

Will Cov Cath have a sophomore as a RB? Don't recall his name, but there was a freshman that moved up to varsity towards the end of last season. Will he start as a soph?

Will Cov Cath have a sophomore as a RB? Don't recall his name, but there was a freshman that moved up to varsity towards the end of last season. Will he start as a soph?

 

Possibly.

 

Casey McGinnis

I think Ryle will have the best skill players in NKY and maybe the state minus the Louisville schools based upon what I saw last year. But we all know the game is won in the trenches so we will see how they do. I believe they only have 2 returning linemen.

 

I heard one of Ryle's skill players already quit the team but that is for another thread.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.