9th Region: Is this true?

I looked at the girls basketball 9th Region drawing and one of the posters said the fans are not allowed to bring signs to the game. Is this correct for the boys as well? If so, why? I never heard of this in the 8th Region.

Edited by OldhamOldie
spelling

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BB&T arena rule. But I've been to a ton of high school games at various gyms in the 9th region and other than Big Head photos of players I have never seen a sign at any game.

I've seen posters and signs wishing their teams good luck and the photos you mentioned. Seems like a weird rule for a high school regional tournament.

I questioned this on the other thread...will BB&T allow fans to bring posters and signs for the upcoming Girls' State Tourney?

And if they allow them then, why not for the 9th region tourney?

They do allow NKU students to have the Big Head photos at NKU games. Never really saw any signs other than those.

They do allow NKU students to have the Big Head photos at NKU games. Never really saw any signs other than those.

I admit confusion to this. So you can bring a giant photo, but you can't have a group of students at the 9th Region get together and spell their school's name like O-L-D-H-A-M with posters or sign paper? That may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. It's high school basketball!

I admit confusion to this. So you can bring a giant photo, but you can't have a group of students at the 9th Region get together and spell their school's name like O-L-D-H-A-M with posters or sign paper? That may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. It's high school basketball!

Well if you to run an event at an arena you would understand why arenas have rules that perhaps high school gymnasiums do not. No posters at any event at the arena is allowed. It really does not take away from the cheering or the games. Not being able to spell your name in big letters and hang signs really does not change the atmosphere at all. Seems to me to be more ridiculous to get "hung up" on something so meaningless as hanging a sign that you get so upset about it.

And I really should have reworried the first sentence to not sound so abrupt. My meaning was if you have never had to deal with the headaches of running events at an arena it is hard to understand why some rules get put in place by an arena.

And I really should have reworried the first sentence to not sound so abrupt. My meaning was if you have never had to deal with the headaches of running events at an arena it is hard to understand why some rules get put in place by an arena.

Sounds like big excuses to me! :sssh: