9th Region: Is this true?

My friend money or lack of it drives most of the issues in our world.

It also causes most of the problems when problems should not exist. If it's a money issue, that's fine. Just don't say the kids love it as a reason they play there. It sounds like the 9th Region leaders sold their souls to the money devils, and they are paying a price by hurting their fans with expensive parking, not allowing something as harmless as signs or posters, etc. I am glad in the 8th Region we don't have those issues at Henry County.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also causes most of the problems when problems should not exist. If it's a money issue, that's fine. Just don't say the kids love it as a reason they play there. It sounds like the 9th Region leaders sold their souls to the money devils, and they are paying a price by hurting their fans with expensive parking, not allowing something as harmless as signs or posters, etc. I am glad in the 8th Region we don't have those issues at Henry County.

What I said or meant to say is I don't care about the money, but I do know kids love playing there. I agree money rules the day here but as an offshoot it is cool how the kids love the venue.

My friend money or lack of it drives most of the issues in our world.

You seem to be in the know about the situation. Is it true they attempted to ban the media from using laptops in the arena because they thought live updates would hurt attendance? There is a thread in this forum from years ago that implies it.

I know there are live radio guys from the schools broadcasting the games. Always have been. Now video is not allowed.

My question was did they try to ban laptops from media members several years ago because they thought it might hurt attendance. Or is that a misinformed thread here on BGP.

My question was did they try to ban laptops from media members several years ago because they thought it might hurt attendance. Or is that a misinformed thread here on BGP.

Years ago - maybe year 1 - they initially said there would be no broadcasting of games. CCH, for one, was told they could not do their webcast. That changed a bit. Still not sure of all of the rules.

You and I are in the 1 to 10% of the people who think the entire experience is better in a high school gym. Can't wait to get to Henry County on Wednesday for the DH.

Kids do like playing at NKU. However, my guess is those girls who played last night in front of maybe 1,000 people would have LOVED it had that game been in a high school gym. 1,000 or 2,000 fans at NKU makes it seem like a scrimmage.

It's a bad atmosphere until you get to maybe the semis and the finals. Yes, it's cool to get 6,000 in for a championship game. I get that.

That's now why 9th region schools are doing it. They're doing it because they GET PAID. Who doesn't get that? Doesn't mean it's better. Just means it makes sense.

Again, I fully realize why I'm in the minority here so no need to rehash (even though I re-hashed all of my arguments).

I am not aware of that, but there is no reason I would know it to be true or false. I always see several media guys with laptops in hand now. Full access to internet. So in the past perhaps but not now.

I am not aware of that, but there is no reason I would know it to be true or false. I always see several media guys with laptops in hand now. Full access to internet. So in the past perhaps but not now.

It wouldn't be the first time a venue tried to limit info. UL tried a few years ago to limit tweeting of an NCAA baseball tourney game.

Years ago - maybe year 1 - they initially said there would be no broadcasting of games. CCH, for one, was told they could not do their webcast. That changed a bit. Still not sure of all of the rules.

You and I are in the 1 to 10% of the people who think the entire experience is better in a high school gym. Can't wait to get to Henry County on Wednesday for the DH.

Kids do like playing at NKU. However, my guess is those girls who played last night in front of maybe 1,000 people would have LOVED it had that game been in a high school gym. 1,000 or 2,000 fans at NKU makes it seem like a scrimmage.

It's a bad atmosphere until you get to maybe the semis and the finals. Yes, it's cool to get 6,000 in for a championship game. I get that.

That's now why 9th region schools are doing it. They're doing it because they GET PAID. Who doesn't get that? Doesn't mean it's better. Just means it makes sense.

Again, I fully realize why I'm in the minority here so no need to rehash (even though I re-hashed all of my arguments).

I agree with everything you said 100%. What a shame that a bunch of high school administrators sell out their kids for money. If that arena really holds near 10,000 fans and only 1,000 show up, that is an injustice to the players and parents. I can't even imagine it.

I'm like you, send it all back to Holmes and Conner. It really burns me inside to know some of these high school principals and athletics directors sell out for a few bucks. You are right, it does not make it better, just makes cents.

You will enjoy the atmosphere at Henry County this week. They do not ban signs, posters, or fans from cheering. They even allow the media to do live updates during games because attendance is no problem at all!

It wouldn't be the first time a venue tried to limit info. UL tried a few years ago to limit tweeting of an NCAA baseball tourney game.

Wow. I did not know that either. But given UofL's recent history (Pitino, Powell, dorm parties) maybe they're afraid of what the media will say!

I cant remember any high school games where fans were holding up signs.

No holding up "3"s or "D" and a section of fence...holding up newspapers for the starting lineups? CCH boys held up shoes one year, of course that was at Rupp.

Ninth region tourney has been happy to comply...the State tournament being held there next week...don't see all 16 schools being as happy.

No holding up "3"s or "D" and a section of fence...holding up newspapers for the starting lineups? CCH boys held up shoes one year, of course that was at Rupp.

Ninth region tourney has been happy to comply...the State tournament being held there next week...don't see all 16 schools being as happy.

Yeah, good call on the newspapers, 3's and D's...I was just thinking of some home made poster board with something written on it...