Highlands 2016

Ram

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope nobody gets hurt in the scrimmage vs Cincy St. X.

They need to develop a strong offensive line to protect their QB and allow the shifty RB's (Murray and Pulsfort) the ability to get yards. If this doesnt happen they will be in for a long year.

It all starts in the trenches.

Scott Turner will have the line ready to go! Hope we fly under the radar all yr! Let's see how hungry all this avg talk makes the boys!

Scott Turner will have the line ready to go! Hope we fly under the radar all yr! Let's see how hungry all this avg talk makes the boys!

Hopefully they play with a chip on their shoulder and can exceed expectations. Last year was a nice run. A lot of good athletes at the skilled positions for sure.

I think they will be BG bound to face the Purples in the Title game.

Jumper, Highlands may make it to BG but I don't believe they will face the Purples if my 5A cross-bracketing assessment is correct. If both were fortunate enough to make it, BG would have to travel to H in the semi-state.

Here is what I believe they have returning, at least to start summer practice. Obviously could/should be some movement of personnel. The offensive line will have returning Finfrock, Dunn and Davidson, all others will be newcomers. Receivers should be fine with Buchert, Huber, Posey, Venneman all having seen action last year. Running back has two guys returning that have seen action over the last two seasons in Murray and Pulsfort. Qb likely Gosney.

Defensive line returns Bravard and some other guys that saw little time at the varsity level. Linebackers have Bowden and Webster returning on the outside and Sparks also saw a little action. Inside backers were four seniors and some guys are going to need to step up there. Defensive backs should be solid with Taylor, Greene and Rust all returning. Other spot open could go to Crosley New who was working his way around last year before getting hurt and lost for the year.

Special teams should be more than adequate if everything goes according to plan. Would like to see some improvement in the return game, both for kickoffs and punts.