Highlands 2016

Ram

Could the freshman Huddleston come in and compete for one of the open positions?

Absolutely he could and don't let anybody try to attempt to tell you differently....But he won't! You will hear this Highlands expert and that Highlands expert say that he is no different than any other Highly gifted Football player coming through the program....But he is! One of the better ones to come through in 20 years. Too bad he doesn't play QB. Not many Freshman to be if any at Highlands have ever made an impact on the Varsity level that I can remember outside of some sparingly Special teams play. He is a special talent!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What position does he play?

I would think he would be WR on offense and OLB/SS on Defense. The kid is a playmaker. He may not be a difference maker yet at the varsity level, but will be very soon. I would think he would be able to contribute in some form as a freshman.

I would think he would be WR on offense and OLB/SS on Defense. The kid is a playmaker. He may not be a difference maker yet at the varsity level, but will be very soon. I would think he would be able to contribute in some form as a freshman.

Thanks, looking forward to watching him.

After last year I am really excited to see what Highlands does this year.

There is no way they can have two back to back sub-par years, right?

How will the overall talent on this team compare to last year?

Do the Birds have a definite starter at QB?

I agree Huddleston is a very good player. That said, I think putting him up against young men that are 3-4 years older and more physically developed than he is would be a mistake and a disservice to him. Another year of growth and the ability to be a leader on the Freshman team would better serve him and the team both this season and for the next several.

There is another really good athlete in this class, who will also be an impact player. He has recently been injured so I will not name him, but if he can get healthy by the start of the season, these two together will make the Freshman team tough to beat.

After last year I am really excited to see what Highlands does this year.

There is no way they can have two back to back sub-par years, right?

How will the overall talent on this team compare to last year?

Do the Birds have a definite starter at QB?

I have heard that Kraemer is a contender for that spot. Not sure who else is in the mix at this point.

I agree Huddleston is a very good player. That said, I think putting him up against young men that are 3-4 years older and more physically developed than he is would be a mistake and a disservice to him. Another year of growth and the ability to be a leader on the Freshman team would better serve him and the team both this season and for the next several.

There is another really good athlete in this class, who will also be an impact player. He has recently been injured so I will not name him, but if he can get healthy by the start of the season, these two together will make the Freshman team tough to beat.

He will play Freshman football next year.

I have heard that Kraemer is a contender for that spot. Not sure who else is in the mix at this point.

1. Gosney(SR)

2. Schoellman(JR)

3. Kramer(SO)

My vote would be the Inexperienced 6'-2" Kramer. Although a Soph and with the experience he has around him, I personally feel he will get you the exact same Win's & Losses that the other 2 will get you. That's just me!

1. Gosney(SR)

2. Schoellman(JR)

3. Kramer(SO)

My vote would be the Inexperienced 6'-2" Kramer. Although a Soph and with the experience he has around him, I personally feel he will get you the exact same Win's & Losses that the other 2 will get you. That's just me!

So there is definitely depth and as an outsider looking in you have to like the fact that the Highlands Football Program is developing QBs in each class.

I agree Huddleston is a very good player. That said, I think putting him up against young men that are 3-4 years older and more physically developed than he is would be a mistake and a disservice to him.

There are plenty of young men 3-4 years older than him that are not as physically developed or as skilled as he.

Can't imagine dad or this coaching staff putting him in a position of great risk. Tons of upside long term. Would not expect to see him on freshman team. Definitely tons of JV time with some varsity time highly likely.

So there is definitely depth and as an outsider looking in you have to like the fact that the Highlands Football Program is developing QBs in each class.

Depends who you ask! I'm still waiting for that Morgan type of QB at Ryle to all of a sudden show up in Ft Thomas.:D Did I just say that out loud? We have one that has the Gene pool but won't be available for another 8-9 years....Tayden Lorenzen!:ylsuper:

There are plenty of young men 3-4 years older than him that are not as physically developed or as skilled as he.

Can't imagine dad or this coaching staff putting him in a position of great risk. Tons of upside long term. Would not expect to see him on freshman team. Definitely tons of JV time with some varsity time highly likely.

He will play Freshman football next year.

I've been wrong before!