Highlands 2016

Ram

Just saying I think the talent at HHS right now is not up to par with what it has been.

That is a bit different than the program being in decline, unless you expect it to be a long term situation. Doesn't sound like that's the case from what some people have posted.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Huddleston was the most dominant player on the freshman team last year as an 8th grader. I dont think it serves him any purpose to play freshman ball, he should start JV and as he gets the experience play him in spots at the Varsity level. Yes, he is that good and a game changer.

IMO Huddleston was the most dominant player on the freshman team last year as an 8th grader. I dont think it serves him any purpose to play freshman ball, he should start JV and as he gets the experience play him in spots at the Varsity level. Yes, he is that good and a game changer.

@Qryche11 On offense or defense?

@Qryche11 On offense or defense?

I think he is a better defender. He had a great year at WR utilizing his athletic ability but he isnt a burner. I watched him simply outduel defenders for balls based on his strength and athleticism.

On defense he has a nose for the ball, is very aggressive and long. I can see him being one of the best OLB's at Highlands since Brent Grover.

I agree Huddleston is a very good player. That said, I think putting him up against young men that are 3-4 years older and more physically developed than he is would be a mistake and a disservice to him. Another year of growth and the ability to be a leader on the Freshman team would better serve him and the team both this season and for the next several.

There is another really good athlete in this class, who will also be an impact player. He has recently been injured so I will not name him, but if he can get healthy by the start of the season, these two together will make the Freshman team tough to beat.

I agree Huddy probably needs one more year. For size development reason's only, not skill. He's a defensive monster with nose for the ball.

The other boy will back in time. He could play now if he had to, but taking the time to shut him down to give his body a break from everything (AAU/football/weight training) to make sure he's 100% by the time full equipment arrives.

• 1 month later...

So in the NCC thread, it was mentioned that a senior football player is transferring to NCC from Highlands. In no way going to panic, but the boy mentioned would have been a starter on Highlands DL. With him leaving, and two very solid frosh players deciding not to play football (per Qryche), where does Highlands stand on depth or for that matter, how do they look for the starting positions. I know people know what's going on but they may not be involved with BGP. Yet! Haha!

I hate to see quality kids not play for a reason that could have been avoided, but they will do what they want to do. I'm being selfish I guess and want all the good ones to play football. And the not so good, we need them too. Is that PC enough.

Anyway, what's the word from Fieldhouse?

The good thing about highlands is that when you lose a starter it is only 1 position not 2 like at smaller schools. But with that said they have such a tough schedule i am not sure they can afford to lose any starters.