Highlands 2016

Ram

There are plenty of young men 3-4 years older than him that are not as physically developed or as skilled as he.

Can't imagine dad or this coaching staff putting him in a position of great risk. Tons of upside long term. Would not expect to see him on freshman team. Definitely tons of JV time with some varsity time highly likely.

You and I will have to agree to disagree. I'm thinking he will play Freshman! Might get a sniff with the JV but with the numbers that Highlands has, really no need to move him up just yet. Certainly won't need to "Lock him in" just yet with playing Varsity!:laugh:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of young men 3-4 years older than him that are not as physically developed or as skilled as he.

Can't imagine dad or this coaching staff putting him in a position of great risk. Tons of upside long term. Would not expect to see him on freshman team. Definitely tons of JV time with some varsity time highly likely.

And there are plenty more who are 3-4 years of physical development ahead of him. Why risk it? I'm betting that he plays Frosh and some JV this season. His presence on the Varsity squad would not take the team to a level any higher than they would be without him. Not saying he is not an impact type player, just that as a single, young player, he does not move the needle enough at the Varsity level to risk his future development. The benefits of allowing him another year of growth and development while being a team leader on the freshman team, far outweigh the small benefit to the Varsity if he is thrown in to that mix this year.

And there are plenty more who are 3-4 years of physical development ahead of him. Why risk it? I'm betting that he plays Frosh and some JV this season. His presence on the Varsity squad would not take the team to a level any higher than they would be without him. Not saying he is not an impact type player, just that as a single, young player, he does not move the needle enough at the Varsity level to risk his future development. The benefits of allowing him another year of growth and development while being a team leader on the freshman team, far outweigh the small benefit to the Varsity if he is thrown in to that mix this year.

^THIS

After last year I am really excited to see what Highlands does this year.

There is no way they can have two back to back sub-par years, right?

How will the overall talent on this team compare to last year?

Do the Birds have a definite starter at QB?

Of course they can have a couple sub par years in a row. It seems like we've heard for a few years that they would be going through a couple off years and last year proved them right. Let's hope they were wrong about it being a couple though.

Of course they can have a couple sub par years in a row. It seems like we've heard for a few years that they would be going through a couple off years and last year proved them right. Let's hope they were wrong about it being a couple though.

I just have a hard time believing that Highlands is going to have two bad years in a row. Even if they are only bad years by Highlands standards.

So there is definitely depth and as an outsider looking in you have to like the fact that the Highlands Football Program is developing QBs in each class.

From what I understand, there are 2 extremely talented incoming Frosh QB's, as well.

Can't disagree with this.

I said that dad and staff wouldn't put him at risk. If frosh/jv is what is best for him and the team, that's where he'll be. No doubts about that or issue with it.

Looking forward to his JR season. Should be a real treat watching him play after a couple more years of physical growth and skills development!

I just have a hard time believing that Highlands is going to have two bad years in a row. Even if they are only bad years by Highlands standards.

Program is on a decline

Program is on a decline

Your out of your mind! You must not know Highlands football. Thanks for the extra fuel!

Program is on a decline

Program is not on a decline.

This next year has some challenges early like last year, but The program has shown they can adapt and improve. A lot of players in the pipleine, need patience and support.