Highlands 2016

Ram

Jumper, Highlands may make it to BG but I don't believe they will face the Purples if my 5A cross-bracketing assessment is correct. If both were fortunate enough to make it, BG would have to travel to H in the semi-state.

Wow, that would be different, have they ever met in any round other than the finals?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I believe they have returning, at least to start summer practice. Obviously could/should be some movement of personnel. The offensive line will have returning Finfrock, Dunn and Davidson, all others will be newcomers. Receivers should be fine with Buchert, Huber, Posey, Venneman all having seen action last year. Running back has two guys returning that have seen action over the last two seasons in Murray and Pulsfort. Qb likely Gosney.

Defensive line returns Bravard and some other guys that saw little time at the varsity level. Linebackers have Bowden and Webster returning on the outside and Sparks also saw a little action. Inside backers were four seniors and some guys are going to need to step up there. Defensive backs should be solid with Taylor, Greene and Rust all returning. Other spot open could go to Crosley New who was working his way around last year before getting hurt and lost for the year.

Special teams should be more than adequate if everything goes according to plan. Would like to see some improvement in the return game, both for kickoffs and punts.

Pretty good analysis....so who are some of the kids that could step in and fill some spots outside of Crosley New?

Wow, that would be different, have they ever met in any round other than the finals?

To my limited knowledge Center, they have only met in the Finals.

I know Highlands beat BG 28-7 in 2007 and BG beat Highlands 28-12 in 1995. I may be overlooking a second Highlands win, but just can't think that far back.

Pretty good analysis....so who are some of the kids that could step in and fill some spots outside of Crosley New?

Dalton Cornett should step up an take the lead role for the inside linebacker group with Luke Ross alongside him. Joe Steiden should see some PT at corner with Carter Burke getting some PT at safety.

To my limited knowledge Center, they have only met in the Finals.

I know Highlands beat BG 28-7 in 2007 and BG beat Highlands 28-12 in 1995. I may be overlooking a second Highlands win, but just can't think that far back.

Highlands leads the series 3 - 1. I don't have years they played though.

Dalton Cornett should step up an take the lead role for the inside linebacker group with Luke Ross alongside him. Joe Steiden should see some PT at corner with Carter Burke getting some PT at safety.

What is Cornette's size? I know Luke is a big boy.

Here is what I believe they have returning, at least to start summer practice. Obviously could/should be some movement of personnel. The offensive line will have returning Finfrock, Dunn and Davidson, all others will be newcomers. Receivers should be fine with Buchert, Huber, Posey, Venneman all having seen action last year. Running back has two guys returning that have seen action over the last two seasons in Murray and Pulsfort. Qb likely Gosney.

Defensive line returns Bravard and some other guys that saw little time at the varsity level. Linebackers have Bowden and Webster returning on the outside and Sparks also saw a little action. Inside backers were four seniors and some guys are going to need to step up there. Defensive backs should be solid with Taylor, Greene and Rust all returning. Other spot open could go to Crosley New who was working his way around last year before getting hurt and lost for the year.

Special teams should be more than adequate if everything goes according to plan. Would like to see some improvement in the return game, both for kickoffs and punts.

The games I watched Taylor was the starting middle linebacker.

The games I watched Taylor was the starting middle linebacker.

No surprise that you saw what you wanted to see or at least what you 'thought' you saw. Sam Taylor played no linebacker last year. It took the coaches about 3 or 4 games to realize that the kid could contribute and thus he became a starting 'safety' from that point forward. Maybe you should post about things you know or at least think you know, then again you would not be able to post I guess. The act gets tired and old and people want to know why others do not post about programs/games and this is why.

No surprise that you saw what you wanted to see or at least what you 'thought' you saw. Sam Taylor played no linebacker last year. It took the coaches about 3 or 4 games to realize that the kid could contribute and thus he became a starting 'safety' from that point forward. Maybe you should post about things you know or at least think you know, then again you would not be able to post I guess. The act gets tired and old and people want to know why others do not post about programs/games and this is why.

:laugh:

Same as last year only reverse the venue.

Hmm, in that case they could have anything from an 8-2 to a 4-6 regular season depending on how things change from last year. I'll put my guess in the middle and predict a 6-4 record. Which feels awfully strange to say about Highlands.

Best of luck, Bluebirds.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking forward to watching this team. I've watched this senior class since their first years in FTJFL. Great group of young men.

Taking a different look at things, what did the coaching staff learn from last year. It's easy to coach when you have studs at most positions, like they did in the last few years of Dale's tenure. But when you don't, what adjustments will they make?