Urban Meyer Says He Won't Suspend Any Ejected Players For The Michigan State Game

JokersWild24

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is people say all kinds of things on here about Marshall Henderson and he was suspended for the first regular season game and first two SEC games this season when he flipped the crowd off. Forget throwing punches.

I know what you are getting at here, but you conveniently omit that he was found with a small amount of cocaine and weed, failed a drug test, and cited for having no proof of car insurance. The reprimand by the NCAA would have been all he would have gotten for the middle fingers and you know that. Ole Miss had to send some kind of statement and it was not because he just flipped the bird to the LaSalle crowd.

I'm going to need a shower after this post. First and foremost, there is NO ONE that hates Ohio State more than I do. I hate them more than I hate IU, and believe me, that is seventh level of Hell hate.

That said, I don't think he should be suspended and I don't think he would be if they were playing Eastern Michigan this week instead of Michigan State.

Do you want him suspended for the punch? Please. There are punches thrown in games every weekend, guys get flagged and tossed, and life goes on. You can't legislate the emotion out of the game, you officiate it and move on.

Do you want him suspended for his "lack of class" bird-flipping? Three NCAA basketball players flipped the bird to student sections in the last two weeks, all after fouling out, most notably a young man from Iowa State versus BYU. He is apparently a model citizen, didn't appreciate being mocked after fouling out, and tossed the middle finger. Dumb move. Iowa State apologized. The kid apologized. No one called for him to be suspended.

What the kid did was dumb (the post-fight stuff), but he had just been tossed from a game, on the road, that he had been waiting his whole life to play in. Have some perspective. Kid should apologize (he may have already and I missed it) and that should be that.

The reason I singled out Hall is that he throws a sucker punch while surrounded by his own teammates, and far away from the scrum that instigated the whole thing (see post #18), gets caught on camera kicking the bench, then gives the fans the double birds. It's a compilation of those three things, each magnifying the other.

The kid from ISU did one of those things and apologized. It was a lapse in judgment. He's probably not happy with himself and has already faced discipline from his team, but if he's the kind of kid you say he is, then he's probably been harder on himself than any coach could be.

The fact that it's Meyer and he preached at the beginning of the year about discipline and a new way following the Carlos Hyde incident seemed to serve OSU fans who wanted to defend him. It just shows that Urban is Urban, he'll win at all costs, and he hasn't changed. Same guy who coached at Florida. Same guy whose teams are great but have a way of finding their names in police reports.

I've heard OSU fans bash Calipari, trash the SEC, etc., etc. For me, this proves that they are in the same boat and are no better.

This coming from someone who HATES OSU but can respect their accomplishments. This coming from someone who wasn't even this bothered by the whole Tressel and Terelle Pryor fallout.

Those that know me intimately know that I would have been out there with the Bucks fighting and defending my teammates. I have no problem with those actions nor with the ejections. Urban probably doesn't either.

However, Urban owns the fact that he chose to let a guy flip off the crowd and embarrass the university with impunity.

Each coach and school gets to decide what they value.

I just don't ever want to hear Urban to say anything about integrity or "doing it the right way."

As long as he doesn't say that then we can't take issue with him decision.

He may not any longer, but he was on his high horse with the media in wake of the Carlos Hyde suspension earlier in the year. I could probably look through some transcripts and find some real gems.

No, he should suspend #79 Hall because after he came to his teammates aid and was ejected as a result, he stomped around the sidelines, throwing things, kicking things, cursing all before finally flipping a pair of middle fingers in salute of the opposing teams fans. That's not acceptable.

It obviously is to OSU fans, at least before a big game.

I know what you are getting at here, but you conveniently omit that he was found with a small amount of cocaine and weed, failed a drug test, and cited for having no proof of car insurance. The reprimand by the NCAA would have been all he would have gotten for the middle fingers and you know that. Ole Miss had to send some kind of statement and it was not because he just flipped the bird to the LaSalle crowd.

I'd put money on finding weed if you searches those players apartments/dorms.

Guy flips off the crowd and he's compared to a murderer lol. Two OSU players threw punches and were rightfully ejected, yet people want more, its a rivalry game. Man the OSU jealousy pays for Bandwith on this board lol. That model QB at FSU isn't spoken of much though. Glad people on here don't have daughters like I do.

Some of the posters on here are a compete joke, when it come to the Buckeyes.

Then again with their team stinking so much I can see why they are like this.

Edited by bugatti

Some of the posters on here are a compete joke, when it come to the Buckeyes.

Then again with their team stinking so much I can see why they are like this.

The only compLete joke are the sad individuals who post any SEC loss or comment on the loss with the same tired "love seeing this".

Edited by bugatti

Guy flips off the crowd and he's compared to a murderer lol. Two OSU players threw punches and were rightfully ejected, yet people want more, its a rivalry game. Man the OSU jealousy pays for Bandwith on this board lol. That model QB at FSU isn't spoken of much though. Glad people on here don't have daughters like I do.

Has he been charged..? I must of missed it.