Urban Meyer Says He Won't Suspend Any Ejected Players For The Michigan State Game

JokersWild24

Yet he should suspend his own for coming to the aid of a teammate... We play team football that's how we have won 24 in a row.

I don't fault him for coming to the aid of a teammate, but he didn't need to throw (sucker) punches, kick a bench after he was ejected, then flip off the crowd (getting caught in the act of the latter two by cameras).

One thing I can agree with you on is that the refs had some part in letting the incident escalate, but they didn't make Hall do anything he did to embarrass the school.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowery's case was still pending (and still is today). Once there's a disposition on the case, if he's proven guilty of the charges, there'd be a mandatory suspension of 10% of the football season. Lowery was a Junior this season and the process is still playing out in court. It will likely be when he returns home for a break before there's a disposition, but if he's proven guilty, then there's nothing Stoops can do, the University will suspend him.

Yeah all the court stuff aside he should have been dismissed from the school, the school shouldn't harbor players involved in allegations like this. Instead he attempted to help the team out all year, which didn't matter anyway, and will be dealt with in the off season.

Follow this clip from :26-:33. Watch Hall closely. At the time he throws the punch, he's surrounded by teammates and there's only one Michigan player in the vicinity. I don't exactly call that protecting his teammates or "coming to their aid".

He's pulled away, then runs back up and hits the Michigan player with a shot as he isn't looking. Then the aftermath just magnifies everything.

Yet he should suspend his own for coming to the aid of a teammate... We play team football that's how we have won 24 in a row.

No, he should suspend #79 Hall because after he came to his teammates aid and was ejected as a result, he stomped around the sidelines, throwing things, kicking things, cursing all before finally flipping a pair of middle fingers in salute of the opposing teams fans. That's not acceptable.

Yeah all the court stuff aside he should have been dismissed from the school, the school shouldn't harbor players involved in allegations like this. Instead he attempted to help the team out all year, which didn't matter anyway, and will be dealt with in the off season.

Per the USA Today article on Lowery:

"UK does have an alcohol policy, Neely said, that athletes should are suspended 10 percent of games or contests for the first offense on a drug or alcohol violation. That policy hasn't yet been applied to Lowery, who may not appear in court in his home state Georgia for six months up to a year, according to the Herald-Leader."

The article goes on to talk about the legal process play out.

Per the USA Today article on Lowery:

"UK does have an alcohol policy, Neely said, that athletes should are suspended 10 percent of games or contests for the first offense on a drug or alcohol violation. That policy hasn't yet been applied to Lowery, who may not appear in court in his home state Georgia for six months up to a year, according to the Herald-Leader."

The article goes on to talk about the legal process play out.

So even though he was cited for DUI and was what 3 times over the legal limit, nearly killed himself and could have killed innocent people in the process, he's able to stall the process for 6 months and Stoops just sits on the sideline, hoping Lowery can rack up another 40 tackles. Yet Hall flips the crowd off and should be suspended.....

Drops the mic.. I am out of this one..

So even though he was cited for DUI and was what 3 times over the legal limit, nearly killed himself and could have killed innocent people in the process, he's able to stall the process for 6 months and Stoops just sits on the sideline, hoping Lowery can rack up another 40 tackles. Yet Hall flips the crowd off and should be suspended.....

Where did I say that Lowery shouldn't or won't be suspended?

So you get defensive and say people are comparing Hall to a murderer which was completely out of context and not what was being said. But then come back a few minutes later and say people are over reacting calling for Hall to be supsended when all he did was flip off the crowd,....... and throw stuff, and about hit a passerby with a bench.... that he kicked, while he was yelling and cursing like a lunatic. Oh yea you left out that other stuff, my bad.

What did your Mark Stoops do to the kid who had alcohol involved in a wreck that almost killed him... remind me? Yet Hall throws the bird up and is crucified lol.

How many college football players a year do you think get DUIs? I'd say in the hundreds. How many thrown temper tantrums on national TV then flip off the crowd in a prestigious rivalry game? I'll say single digits.