Kentucky's Top 15 Football Dynasties

Ram

HHS has dominated 5A and 4A while playing up 1 to 2 classes. Why wouldn't they have the same success in a 4 class system where they would be a 3A team? I might be wrong but I do believe they might have won a title or two under the old 4 Class system. Or 16.

Any year they would have been in 4A, they would have lost. I'm not saying they wouldn't win in 3A, I'm saying just not as many as they have in a 6 class system. I know this, in a 4 class system im taking the field to win it over hhs. with 6, ill pick hhs every year.

Anyway, it is what it is......broke

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any year they would have been in 4A, they would have lost. I'm not saying they wouldn't win in 3A, I'm saying just not as many as they have in a 6 class system. I know this, in a 4 class system im taking the field to win it over hhs. with 6, ill pick hhs every year.

Anyway, it is what it is......broke

They would never be in 4A, they would be 2A or 3A in a 4 class system.

Easy, are they really even the second best program. Wouldn't st. X and Scott county be better programs. I'm sure the bowling green fans would have something to say. If there were only four divisions HHS wouldn't have nearly the amount of state titles. Wouldn't change anything for trinity, they would dominate 4A the same way. With that being said, NCC would be in the same boat if there were only 4.

Bowling Green? Hasn't Highlands faced them and beat them within this time frame?

Bowling Green? Hasn't Highlands faced them and beat them within this time frame?

They did, in 2007. Also won the three other years they were both in the same class, but BG did not make the finals in those years. 2011 & 2012 are the main years where people believe there is reason to believe Bowling Green was at worst equal. Not NKY people, heavens no, but a lot of other people do feel that way.

I haven't read this whole thread, but here's my 2 cents. NCC has to be put in, since 2000 they have played in almost every 1A or 2A title game. HHS for sure along with trinity. Lets be real, just like the debate of why NCC and hhs won't play, you can ask why HHS WON'T play trinity (when it counts). HHS knows better.

NCC and HHS are the 2 most successfull programs in NKY, generally considered the best football in the state. Although, trinity trumps both of them, hands down. Anytime, when the majority if your roster are kids that live outside your district, your are going to be successfull.

What exactly would consist Trinity's district? The city of Louisville or the archdiocese of Louisville? If that is the standard you use then we have almost no players outside of that area.

The concept of a district for a private school in NKY is fully nonexistent in Louisville. Trinity, St. X, Desales and Holy Cross have the same territory, the entire city.

What exactly would consist Trinity's district? The city of Louisville or the archdiocese of Louisville? If that is the standard you use then we have almost no players outside of that area.

The concept of a district for a private school in NKY is fully nonexistent in Louisville. Trinity, St. X, Desales and Holy Cross have the same territory, the entire city.

When you say "the entire city", do you mean the entire Louisville metropolitan area? Meaning the city limits and surrounding areas? OR, what is the area that is considered "eligible" to attend Trinity? OR what would be considered a "player outside the area"? Just asking because I really have no idea how it works!

Who says its the only reason? However, it's a very good reason. A 100 year dynasty impresses me more than a 60 year dynasty. I myself also lend weight to the fact that for as long as I remember HHS has played up in class. I realize T can't play up but when it comes down to it that impresses me a lot. Had they stayed in class there's a very good chance they have several more championships.

Dudes got a good point PP92. In my opinion Trinity is the best in the past 25 while Highlands is the best over all.

When you say "the entire city", do you mean the entire Louisville metropolitan area? Meaning the city limits and surrounding areas? OR, what is the area that is considered "eligible" to attend Trinity? OR what would be considered a "player outside the area"? Just asking because I really have no idea how it works!

The city of Louisville is the whole of Jefferson county since the merger. Trinity places no restrictions on who wants to attend and from where. If you can provide your own transportation and afford tuition then they will usually take you. In ky experience the vast majority of Trinity players have hailed from within the county. We get some from Oldham, Shelby and Bullitt but they are the minority on the team.

Another thing to take into account about size is the fact that Trinity hasn't always been its current size. I would daresay that we really didn't start with a size disparity until the 2000s. I remember back when I was there hearing about the record sizes in the freshman classes as time went on. Even so it still took from 1994 until 2001 that Trinity really took off with their current run. Prior to that the Rocks really weren't that far from many schools in KY. The biggest difference was the arrival of Bob Beatty. We had won 12 titles and set the 50 game win streak up until that point, but he took the Rocks to another level entirely.

Bowling Green and Highlands have played twice. Both were for the state championship. Bowling Green won in 1995 and Highlands won in 2007. Highlands and Trinity are definitely the top two teams in Kentucky football history. Purple fans are happy where they landed in this thread.

Dudes got a good point PP92. In my opinion Trinity is the best in the past 25 while Highlands is the best over all.

To some he does. Doesn't sway me any though. I like the point that Trinity would still have 20+ titles if there was one class and Highlands wouldn't have near as many.

To some he does. Doesn't sway me any though. I like the point that Trinity would still have 20+ titles if there was one class and Highlands wouldn't have near as many.

Don't agree that T would still have 20 plus but they would certainly be close. However, are you equating best team with best program? They are not the same to me. For instance, UK is the better team, Georgetown is the better program.

They did, in 2007. Also won the three other years they were both in the same class, but BG did not make the finals in those years. 2011 & 2012 are the main years where people believe there is reason to believe Bowling Green was at worst equal. Not NKY people, heavens no, but a lot of other people do feel that way.

So in this time frame. the one year they played, Highlands won. The other three years BG doesn't get there and Highlands defeats all the teams that do. So now we want to point to the two years they can't meet and say Bowling Green is equal? BTW I was at the 2007 game. It was pretty one sided...

Bowling Green and Highlands have played twice. Both were for the state championship. Bowling Green won in 1995 and Highlands won in 2007. Highlands and Trinity are definitely the top two teams in Kentucky football history. Purple fans are happy where they landed in this thread.

The time frame was listed as post 2003.