Kentucky's Top 15 Football Dynasties

Ram

So in this time frame. the one year they played, Highlands won. The other three years BG doesn't get there and Highlands defeats all the teams that do. So now we want to point to the two years they can't meet and say Bowling Green is equal? BTW I was at the 2007 game. It was pretty one sided...

I've done this before, it was infuriating, I'm not doing it again. Think whatever you want. You asked a question, I answered it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The time frame was listed as post 2003.

No argument from me. I just wanted to point out that they have only met twice. As for 2011, 2012 and 2013 for that matter, we will never know. I will say that I and many others believe the 2011 team was the best in school history. There is no comparison as far as program history. Trinity and Highlands are in a league of their own.

What exactly would consist Trinity's district? The city of Louisville or the archdiocese of Louisville? If that is the standard you use then we have almost no players outside of that area.

The concept of a district for a private school in NKY is fully nonexistent in Louisville. Trinity, St. X, Desales and Holy Cross have the same territory, the entire city.

plus southern indiana

Don't agree that T would still have 20 plus but they would certainly be close. However, are you equating best team with best program? They are not the same to me. For instance, UK is the better team, Georgetown is the better program.

If my kid was a stud football player and he could go play for any school in the state not named Bowling Green or Boyle County he'd go to Trinity.

So in this time frame. the one year they played, Highlands won. The other three years BG doesn't get there and Highlands defeats all the teams that do. So now we want to point to the two years they can't meet and say Bowling Green is equal? BTW I was at the 2007 game. It was pretty one sided...

Bowling Green went to state and lost 3 years in a row. Highlands only made it once in that time frame. Add in the last couple of years and then you have the reasoning behind why some may say BG is at worst equal. Which is what DF said initially. I haven't seen anyone on here say BG is equal to Highlands but I know plenty of Purple and Gold folks who believe that way. I wish they were on here. That would be so much fun. :lol: :lol:

:arghh::arghh:

Bowling Green went to state and lost 3 years in a row. Highlands only made it once in that time frame. Add in the last couple of years and then you have the reasoning behind why some may say BG is at worst equal. Which is what DF said initially. I haven't seen anyone on here say BG is equal to Highlands but I know plenty of Purple and Gold folks who believe that way. I wish they were on here. That would be so much fun. :lol: :lol:

And IF they actually won there might have been an argument in there favor:arghh:

Your purple with envy man.

Bowling Green and Highlands have played twice. Both were for the state championship. Bowling Green won in 1995 and Highlands won in 2007. Highlands and Trinity are definitely the top two teams in Kentucky football history. Purple fans are happy where they landed in this thread.

Actually, Highlands and Bowling Green have played 4 times in 1960, 1961, 1995 and 2007. Highlands is 3-1 vs BG. The 1960 and 1961 games were regular season. I know, I know, this thread is supposed to be the last 10 years but you mentioned the 1995 game, so you left it open to all HHS vs BGHS games. Maybe the 1960's were before you were adopted.

Actually, Highlands and Bowling Green have played 4 times in 1960, 1961, 1995 and 2007. Highlands is 3-1 vs BG. The 1960 and 1961 games were regular season. I know, I know, this thread is supposed to be the last 10 years but you mentioned the 1995 game, so you left it open to all HHS vs BGHS games. Maybe the 1960's were before you were adopted.

I know a doctor here in BG who was a senior starter for Highlands in 1960 (Jim Burt). He played against BGHS stud Dale Lindsey on a Saturday at Western Stadium. Highlands won 26-13. Dr Burt said that the game was in doubt until late in the fourth qtr. BGHS played at Highlands after massive graduation losses and on a Friday night and got their tails kicked 49-7 the following year.

Interesting to note that, in 1960, BGHS actually rose one spot to #10 in the UPI Poll after the loss to Highlands! All three classes were lumped together in the polls back then.

I very much liked jbwill's take on all of this. He gives respect where it is due, and calls it as he sees it.:thumb:

I want to add one more thing. Last season, BGHS started the season with only ten seniors and only four returning starters (just one on defense) on their way to another 5A title. Only three other programs I can think of that can pull that off now, and those are T, H, and X! I'm just glad that the Purples are getting the respect that they deserve!:clap:

:arghh::arghh:

And IF they actually won there might have been an argument in there favor:arghh:

Your purple with envy man.

Not even close. The sad part is that I have never claimed BG to be a better program than Highlands. If you would read my post correctly you'd have read where I said that some people think that at worst they are equal. I do know some people

that feel that at worst Bowling Green's program is equal to Highlands. I am not one of those people. I just like the fact that Bowling Green is begining to emulate a program like Highlands and I hope that it leads to continued success on down the road.

Can you hear me now????

It's sad that unless a post is made kissing Highlands' hiney and crowning Highlands the inventors of Ky high school football that it is taken as hatred or jealousy. Truthfully we got to this point because you guys are jealous of Trinity. If we're going to call a spade a spade. :no: :no:

If my kid was a stud football player and he could go play for any school in the state not named Bowling Green or Boyle County he'd go to Trinity.

And if mine was I would send him to UK over Georgetown. Still doesn't make them the better program or dynasty.