Kentucky's Top 15 Football Dynasties

Ram

I know. And at the end of the day there is no right or wrong answer. If I was in NKY or had ties to Highlands or Ft. Thomas I'm sure I'd have a different opinion also. I'm not going to call a program the best one in the state just because they have been around longer than anyone else or a large majority of the state when there is a program that equals them in state titles but was established decades after theirs.

That's just me though. And some others not based out of NKY.

Again, T and HHS have had the same number of years to accumulate their titles so there is no advantage there. I do not disagree with anything else in your post. I would never argue with anyone who would pick T as the top program in KY history, I merely disagree.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say Highlands is the premier program in ky over the long haul. Highlands has done it for decades while Trinity can be argued that they are the premier program , I think Highlands has done it much longer.

I also think just because your a small school and you have won have many many years, with multiple state titles and your name is always mentioned for state titles, then your program has entered the dynasty zone.

Again, T and HHS have had the same number of years to accumulate their titles so there is no advantage there. I do not disagree with anything else in your post. I would never argue with anyone who would pick T as the top program in KY history, I merely disagree.

So then the only reasoning behind picking Highlands over Trinity is because Highlands was an established school before Trinity. That's the only reason Highlands has been winning longer.

So then the only reasoning behind picking Highlands over Trinity is because Highlands was an established school before Trinity. That's the only reason Highlands has been winning longer.

Who says its the only reason? However, it's a very good reason. A 100 year dynasty impresses me more than a 60 year dynasty. I myself also lend weight to the fact that for as long as I remember HHS has played up in class. I realize T can't play up but when it comes down to it that impresses me a lot. Had they stayed in class there's a very good chance they have several more championships.

Highlands has not only been around longer, but have been winning, and winning big all of that time. There are other successful programs that have been around longer that simply don't have the same credentials. Highlands is the second winningest program in the entire nation all time. You can say they have just been around a long time all you want but you can't take away the record. There were many wins and some mythical state championships, which meant state champ regardless of class by the way.

The state established the playoff system in 58 or 59. Both T and H were around and playing football for every one of those years and each has been crowned a champ exactly 22 times. To me they are the only two schools that you can argue for dynasty, but you can't argue for T without providing support for H in your logic. If you can show me that 22 is somehow greater than 22 then maybe you can sway me. Until then I will go on thinking that H has historically been the best program in the state and that in the championship era T and H have shared unequaled success.

Highlands has not only been around longer, but have been winning, and winning big all of that time. There are other successful programs that have been around longer that simply don't have the same credentials. Highlands is the second winningest program in the entire nation all time. You can say they have just been around a long time all you want but you can't take away the record. There were many wins and some mythical state championships, which meant state champ regardless of class by the way.

The state established the playoff system in 58 or 59. Both T and H were around and playing football for every one of those years and each has been crowned a champ exactly 22 times. To me they are the only two schools that you can argue for dynasty, but you can't argue for T without providing support for H in your logic. If you can show me that 22 is somehow greater than 22 then maybe you can sway me. Until then I will go on thinking that H has historically been the best program in the state and that in the championship era T and H have shared unequaled success.

And I'll go on thinking that had Trinity and Highlands both been established in the exact same year that Trinity would be the unanimous choice as the best overall program. I'm not going to penalize Trinity for not being established as a school when Highlands was.

And I'll go on thinking that had Trinity and Highlands both been established in the exact same year that Trinity would be the unanimous choice as the best overall program. I'm not going to penalize Trinity for not being established as a school when Highlands was.

Bingo.

Who says its the only reason? However, it's a very good reason. A 100 year dynasty impresses me more than a 60 year dynasty. I myself also lend weight to the fact that for as long as I remember HHS has played up in class. I realize T can't play up but when it comes down to it that impresses me a lot. Had they stayed in class there's a very good chance they have several more championships.

I think this is a big consideration. T is the largest, or just about, in their class while Highlands has consistently played up in class with the same success. I certainly don't mean to diminish Trinity and I would consider them one of the best two football "dynasties" in the state. Trinity plays an incredible schedule every year and a case could be made for either team.

Except that they weren't. Highlands did what no one else in the state has done. There have been other programs that have had success but none have that same level of success. There were big private schools and big public schools in Louisville established and playing football long before H and very long before T, and they don't have the same success. .......... IF! Are you kidding me. IF! ......... You can if every play of every game for every team for every season if you want. Now I guess we can if seasons that never even happened.

Not going to penalize T for not being a school but you easily dismiss what H actually did accomplish. So you go on ignoring facts and believing that in Fantasy Football T is the ultimate dynasty, far surpassing everyone else's accomplishments.

Except that they weren't. Highlands did what no one else in the state has done. There have been other programs that have had success but none have that same level of success. There were big private schools and big public schools in Louisville established and playing football long before H and very long before T, and they don't have the same success. .......... IF! Are you kidding me. IF! ......... You can if every play of every game for every team for every season if you want. Now I guess we can if seasons that never even happened.

Not going to penalize T for not being a school but you easily dismiss what H actually did accomplish. So you go on ignoring facts and believing that in Fantasy Football T is the ultimate dynasty, far surpassing everyone else's accomplishments.

If calling Highlands the second best program in the state is dismissing what they accomplished well then too bad. You cannot change my mind about this. What Trinity has accomplished is more impressive to me and I'm not going to apologize for having that opinion either. As I said, if calling Highlands #2 in the state gets your feathers ruffled all I can say is too bad.

I haven't read this whole thread, but here's my 2 cents. NCC has to be put in, since 2000 they have played in almost every 1A or 2A title game. HHS for sure along with trinity. Lets be real, just like the debate of why NCC and hhs won't play, you can ask why HHS WON'T play trinity (when it counts). HHS knows better.

NCC and HHS are the 2 most successfull programs in NKY, generally considered the best football in the state. Although, trinity trumps both of them, hands down. Anytime, when the majority if your roster are kids that live outside your district, your are going to be successfull.

If calling Highlands the second best program in the state is dismissing what they accomplished well then too bad. You cannot change my mind about this. What Trinity has accomplished is more impressive to me and I'm not going to apologize for having that opinion either. As I said, if calling Highlands #2 in the state gets your feathers ruffled all I can say is too bad.

Easy, are they really even the second best program. Wouldn't st. X and Scott county be better programs. I'm sure the bowling green fans would have something to say. If there were only four divisions HHS wouldn't have nearly the amount of state titles. Wouldn't change anything for trinity, they would dominate 4A the same way. With that being said, NCC would be in the same boat if there were only 4.

Easy, are they really even the second best program. Wouldn't st. X and Scott county be better programs. I'm sure the bowling green fans would have something to say. If there were only four divisions HHS wouldn't have nearly the amount of state titles. Wouldn't change anything for trinity, they would dominate 4A the same way. With that being said, NCC would be in the same boat if there were only 4.

I'd rate them #2 ahead of the others because of their success in the state finals.

That is a good point about if there were only four classes though.

HHS has dominated 5A and 4A while playing up 1 to 2 classes. Why wouldn't they have the same success in a 4 class system where they would be a 3A team? I might be wrong but I do believe they might have won a title or two under the old 4 Class system. Or 16.

Edited by 75center

Scott County? How in the world would you arrive at even mentioning them?

Highlands has won a title every year since the move to 6 classes, but that has only been since 2007. Before that they did win in only four divisions. So the question is, what year(s) since then do you believe Highlands loses? I believe the last two years are the only two it can even be argued.