Kentucky's Top 15 Football Dynasties

Ram

Mayfield, Central, Beechwood, Fort Campbell, Danville, Belfry, and Paducah Tilgman should all be on the list before some that are listed. Did they use the BCS computers to figure this out?

Basically, yes. I do not think the teams omitted were meant as a knock on those teams, it is just their weird computer ranking formula that takes in to account opposition, W/L, and other variables I presume.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of nitpicking I will just do my own:

1. Trinity- 8 State Titles in 10 years.. the other two years there is a strong case they may have been the 2nd best team in the entire State.. 1 Runner-Up

2. Highlands- 7 Titles in 10 years... consistently the 3rd or even possibly 2nd best team in the entire state regardless of class...1 Runner-Up

3. St. Xavier- Only 2 Titles.. but that number would be tripled or quadrupled if not for the #1 team...3 Runner-Ups

4. Central- 5 State Championships in 10 years, with those 5 Titles coming in the last 6 years.

5. Newport Central Catholic- 4 Champonships in last 10 years,2 Runner-Ups... no small school has seen the success of the Breds.

6. Boyle County- 3 State Titles and a Runner-Up in 10 years...a couple down years..but by and large right at the top of the pack every year

7. Bowling Green- 2 State Titles, 3 Runner-Ups in 10 years... consistently the premier program in WKY.

8. Belfry- 2 State Titles, 4 Runner-Ups in 10 years... If not for Central Pirates would have one of the best runs in the State with 6 State Finals in 10 years

9. Mayfield- 2 State Titles, 3 Runner-Up in 10 years... emerging as the premier 1A program in the State.

10. Ft. Campbell- 3 State Titles... Falcons got off the mat in a big way winning 3 straight titles

11. Beechwood- 3 State Titles... once the premier 1A program and a Top 3 Dynasty the Tigers have fallen on a bit of a slump as Mayfield has emerged

12. LexCath- 2 State Titles.. Knights would have had a lot more success if not for teams liek Boyle and Highlands being geographically close

13. Hazard- 1 State Title, 2 Runner-Ups... Bulldogs have emerged as a perennial 1A contender

14. Bell County- 1 State Title.. One of the winningest teams over the past decade..yet only one Finals to show for it

15. Covington Catholic- 1 State Title... whoa are the Colonels with a Bluebird for a District mate.

Now that is a much more realistic list. Good job. :thumb:

1. Trinity- 8 State Titles in 10 years.. the other two years there is a strong case they may have been the 2nd best team in the entire State.. 1 Runner-Up

2. Highlands- 7 Titles in 10 years... consistently the 3rd or even possibly 2nd best team in the entire state regardless of class...1 Runner-Up

3. St. Xavier- Only 2 Titles.. but that number would be tripled or quadrupled if not for the #1 team...3 Runner-Ups

4. Central- 5 State Championships in 10 years, with those 5 Titles coming in the last 6 years.

5. Newport Central Catholic- 4 Champonships in last 10 years,2 Runner-Ups... no small school has seen the success of the Breds.

6. Boyle County- 3 State Titles and a Runner-Up in 10 years...a couple down years..but by and large right at the top of the pack every year

7. Bowling Green- 2 State Titles, 3 Runner-Ups in 10 years... consistently the premier program in WKY.

8. Belfry- 2 State Titles, 4 Runner-Ups in 10 years... If not for Central Pirates would have one of the best runs in the State with 6 State Finals in 10 years

9. Mayfield- 2 State Titles, 3 Runner-Up in 10 years... emerging as the premier 1A program in the State.

10. Ft. Campbell- 3 State Titles... Falcons got off the mat in a big way winning 3 straight titles

11. Beechwood- 3 State Titles... once the premier 1A program and a Top 3 Dynasty the Tigers have fallen on a bit of a slump as Mayfield has emerged

12. LexCath- 2 State Titles.. Knights would have had a lot more success if not for teams liek Boyle and Highlands being geographically close

13. Hazard- 1 State Title, 2 Runner-Ups... Bulldogs have emerged as a perennial 1A contender

14. Bell County- 1 State Title.. One of the winningest teams over the past decade..yet only one Finals to show for it

15. Covington Catholic- 1 State Title... whoa are the Colonels with a Bluebird for a District mate.

Cannot argue with this list. Nice work.

Amazing how some first hand knowledge and common since improves the list. :thumb:

That my friend is a very good list. I like it far more than the other one. :thumb:

And of course I believe Highlands to be at least # 2

Absolutely!

------------------------------------------

Definition of DYNASTY

1: a succession of rulers of the same line of descent

2: a powerful group or family that maintains its position for a considerable time

------------------------------------------

The word "dynasty" implies success with longevity. There is no other school in Kentucky that can make a better claim to that combination of factors.

Edited by Birdsfan

What we've got here........

The term dynasty is clearly misused. No way a Male or Manual come close to being called a dynasty, while Central, NCC, and Mayfield could clearly make such a claim. Looks more like someones opinion about the best overall over the last 10 yrs. One thing that is clear, and it's a concept that i am always opposed to, size matters.

This is where I come down. "Dynasty" is a term associated with championships, not team skill. The Utah Jazz were great in the 1990s for many years. They weren't a dynasty.

The love for Louisville schools is all I needed to see from the list. What a joke.

Awful lot of years over the past decade where the only losses for Male, Manual and Ballard were to Trinity, St. Xavier and each other.

Now, as I said above, it's a ludicrous "dynasty" ranking, but in other terms, it's probably not far off from reality.

Beechwood playoff stats for last 10 years:

3 Titles

1 Runnerup

4 Semi finals

Only twice in the last 10 years has Beechwood not made the final four. In 2006 they lost in the 2nd round to the eventual state champion NCC (who Beechwood beat in the regular season). In 2005, Yeagle's last season, they lost to Lexington Christian in the second round.

How many schools have been in the final four 8 or more times in the last 10 years? I am sure Trinity has and am pretty sure Highlands has. Mayfield has been to 8 of 10 semifinals. Who else?

A 1000% Better, I was going to do one before I saw yours. Nice job