Kentucky's Top 15 Football Dynasties

Ram

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see.... Mayfield is #7 in all time wins in the nation with 775-240. Mayfield has 9 state titles and been to 18 state title games. Mayfield is a small school but a dynasty never the less. You can put Danville and Beechwood in there too. Mayfield is a top 5 program in the state. They get it done year in and year out.

I thought mayfield got their 800th win this past year?

With not knowing a lot about some of the teams on the list except for what stats were posted I would think that certainly Central, Beechwood and Mayield should be there. Danville has also had some great football teams but I am not as familiar with them in the past 10 years.

Also, in our area here in NEKY I would put Russell on for overall but not the last 10 years. Russell's all time record would have to rank pretty high, especially with Ivan McGlone for 30 something years and 3 or 4 state titles I believe. Russell has won titles in both 2A and 3A. Also, I don't know what Ashland's all time record is but it certainly would be very good. Ashland I know has 3 titles, maybe another one or two way back. Like Russell, the last 10 years wouldn't put the Tomcats on the top/elite level.

That list is embarrassing. Six of the 15 schools haven't even won a state championship. How can you be a dynasty if you can't even win a state championship? How can you be a dynasty when you are averaging 5 losses per year? Nothing more needs to be said.

This. Especially with 6 classes in a "football-thin" state.

Mayfield, Central, Beechwood, Fort Campbell, Danville, Belfry, and Paducah Tilgman should all be on the list before some that are listed. Did they use the BCS computers to figure this out?

Instead of nitpicking I will just do my own:

1. Trinity- 8 State Titles in 10 years.. the other two years there is a strong case they may have been the 2nd best team in the entire State.. 1 Runner-Up

2. Highlands- 7 Titles in 10 years... consistently the 3rd or even possibly 2nd best team in the entire state regardless of class...1 Runner-Up

3. St. Xavier- Only 2 Titles.. but that number would be tripled or quadrupled if not for the #1 team...3 Runner-Ups

4. Central- 5 State Championships in 10 years, with those 5 Titles coming in the last 6 years.

5. Newport Central Catholic- 4 Champonships in last 10 years,2 Runner-Ups... no small school has seen the success of the Breds.

6. Boyle County- 3 State Titles and a Runner-Up in 10 years...a couple down years..but by and large right at the top of the pack every year

7. Bowling Green- 2 State Titles, 3 Runner-Ups in 10 years... consistently the premier program in WKY.

8. Belfry- 2 State Titles, 4 Runner-Ups in 10 years... If not for Central Pirates would have one of the best runs in the State with 6 State Finals in 10 years

9. Mayfield- 2 State Titles, 3 Runner-Up in 10 years... emerging as the premier 1A program in the State.

10. Ft. Campbell- 3 State Titles... Falcons got off the mat in a big way winning 3 straight titles

11. Beechwood- 3 State Titles... once the premier 1A program and a Top 3 Dynasty the Tigers have fallen on a bit of a slump as Mayfield has emerged

12. LexCath- 2 State Titles.. Knights would have had a lot more success if not for teams liek Boyle and Highlands being geographically close

13. Hazard- 1 State Title, 2 Runner-Ups... Bulldogs have emerged as a perennial 1A contender

14. Bell County- 1 State Title.. One of the winningest teams over the past decade..yet only one Finals to show for it

15. Covington Catholic- 1 State Title... whoa are the Colonels with a Bluebird for a District mate.

Mayfield, Central, Beechwood, Fort Campbell, Danville, Belfry, and Paducah Tilgman should all be on the list before some that are listed. Did they use the BCS computers to figure this out?

True, True...wow...somehow Mayfield, Central and Fort Campbell slipped my mind all together. They need to be put on the list, definitely. I'm assuming they were canned because of "strength of schedule" ratings.