Kentucky's Top 15 Football Dynasties

Ram

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even close. The sad part is that I have never claimed BG to be a better program than Highlands. If you would read my post correctly you'd have read where I said that some people think that at worst they are equal. I do know some people

that feel that at worst Bowling Green's program is equal to Highlands. I am not one of those people. I just like the fact that Bowling Green is begining to emulate a program like Highlands and I hope that it leads to continued success on down the road.

Can you hear me now????

It's sad that unless a post is made kissing Highlands' hiney and crowning Highlands the inventors of Ky high school football that it is taken as hatred or jealousy. Truthfully we got to this point because you guys are jealous of Trinity. If we're going to call a spade a spade. :no: :no:

I would agree that it pains some HHS folks to admit that Trinity is on a different level. But you have to admire our passion!

But reality is...as long as Trinity continues to do things the right way, no one will touch them! (other than St X on occasion) Just for the reason we have stated. If you have a stud, where would you send him if money and transportation wasn't an issue?

Some say the population and size of the school doesn't matter when it comes to football and competing on the field. But when you compare HHS and Trinity and look at the fact that Trinity gets kids from the greater Louisville area (including southern IN), they are pulling kids from a population of about 1.3 million. Ft Thomas population is 17,000. Now before everyone goes on to say HHS gets kids from all over, remember that I believe there were only 5-6 kids on last year's HHS team that didn't live in Ft. Thomas. That's out of approximately 120 kids in the program (including freshman). That's about 4% of the team. Yes, we do get some nice tuition players occasionally, but that's no where near the numbers that a school like Trinity or St X get! People tend to think that because HHS gets a couple a year, that it's all out of town kids that contribute to their success. Couldn't be more incorrect!

So in reality, there is no way HHS should even be in a conversation with Trinity. Trinity has kids sitting on their bench that could probably start for HHS! That's the reality in today's world. I really admire Trinity's program and I do bleed blue, but it's really no comparison.

If my kid was a stud football player and he could go play for any school in the state not named Bowling Green or Boyle County he'd go to Trinity.

I agree and I would too:thumb:

I disagree with another comment of your's saying that Highlands is "jealous of Trinity"

I for one respect T and know what they have accomplished and fully understand that Highlands will never be able to claim a National Title because of our size.

Now I may be a little jealous that we don't have the larger talent pool like T does but I can assure you that T&H have the upmost respect for one another.

FWIW, I have rarely, if ever, seen H & T take shots at one another on this site, ever.

I think there is a reason for that, JMO.

BTW, I love that avatar, I was just in Memphis this past weekend and I swear I saw Silky on Beale St.:thumb:

Exactly! And won more...for a longer time. It's all about the definition of dynasty. Per the limits of the article, we can go with Trinity. But when we talk "dynasty" over the long haul, it's Highlands.
If that makes you feel better.....I will be happy with being top dog since we were "born".

I agree and I would too:thumb:

I disagree with another comment of your's saying that Highlands is "jealous of Trinity"

I for one respect T and know what they have accomplished and fully understand that Highlands will never be able to claim a National Title because of our size.

Now I may be a little jealous that we don't have the larger talent pool like T does but I can assure you that T&H have the upmost respect for one another.

FWIW, I have rarely, if ever, seen H & T take shots at one another on this site, ever.

I think there is a reason for that, JMO.

BTW, I love that avatar, I was just in Memphis this past weekend and I swear I saw Silky on Beale St.:thumb:

You know me well enough to know my Highlands is jealous of Trinity post is a 'shots fired' post meant for ColdHard. :D

And that is very true. Very rarely do you see T&H folks taking shots at one another on here.

That probably was the real Silky. :lol:

I would agree that it pains some HHS folks to admit that Trinity is on a different level. But you have to admire our passion!

But reality is...as long as Trinity continues to do things the right way, no one will touch them! (other than St X on occasion) Just for the reason we have stated. If you have a stud, where would you send him if money and transportation wasn't an issue?

Some say the population and size of the school doesn't matter when it comes to football and competing on the field. But when you compare HHS and Trinity and look at the fact that Trinity gets kids from the greater Louisville area (including southern IN), they are pulling kids from a population of about 1.3 million. Ft Thomas population is 17,000. Now before everyone goes on to say HHS gets kids from all over, remember that I believe there were only 5-6 kids on last year's HHS team that didn't live in Ft. Thomas. That's out of approximately 120 kids in the program (including freshman). That's about 4% of the team. Yes, we do get some nice tuition players occasionally, but that's no where near the numbers that a school like Trinity or St X get! People tend to think that because HHS gets a couple a year, that it's all out of town kids that contribute to their success. Couldn't be more incorrect!

So in reality, there is no way HHS should even be in a conversation with Trinity. Trinity has kids sitting on their bench that could probably start for HHS! That's the reality in today's world. I really admire Trinity's program and I do bleed blue, but it's really no comparison.

I've always admired the passion and loyalty of Highlands fans. Even the sensitive hard headed ones. I'll always remember the post on here from way way back where I think it was a letter about a kid in about the 5th grade or something like that who discovered Highlands football and dedicated himself to his be a part of the program and his sole focus was to win a ring at Highlands and carry on tradition. That mindset instilled at an early age is a large part of Highlands success. 5th graders in other parts of the states want to be superheroes, cops, firemen, play XBox. 5th graders in Ft. Thomas want to be state champion Bluebirds just like most of the men in their lives. That kind of passion has always stood out to me.

That's always been one of my favorite BGP stories.

That's all the Highlands hiney kissing you'll get from me. I need a shower. :lol:

And I'll go on thinking that had Trinity and Highlands both been established in the exact same year that Trinity would be the unanimous choice as the best overall program. I'm not going to penalize Trinity for not being established as a school when Highlands was.

If calling Highlands the second best program in the state is dismissing what they accomplished well then too bad. You cannot change my mind about this. What Trinity has accomplished is more impressive to me and I'm not going to apologize for having that opinion either. As I said, if calling Highlands #2 in the state gets your feathers ruffled all I can say is too bad.
So, instead of penalizing Trinity for not being established earlier, you are going to do the exact opposite and reward them for it? Hmm....ooookay! :lol: Face it, your logic doesn't hold up.