It's Convention Time!

Clyde

I also want to ask, and I'm a bit of a political campaigning pessimist I think...but how many non-Republicans do you think were really watching last night anyway? Heck, only reason I watched for is because my roommate is very active with the Republican party and woudln't let me watch Sons of Anarchy on his Netflix unless we watched it. If I was independent or undecided, I don't think I would have thought twice about it last night. I feel like those people are won over during the debates and closer to the election.

Just my thought.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also want to ask, and I'm a bit of a political campaigning pessimist I think...but how many non-Republicans do you think were really watching last night anyway? Heck, only reason I watched for is because my roommate is very active with the Republican party and woudln't let me watch Sons of Anarchy on his Netflix unless we watched it. If I was independent or undecided, I don't think I would have thought twice about it last night. I feel like those people are won over during the debates and closer to the election.

Just my thought.

Probably more than you think. These are still perceived as Big Deals and are broadcast across the board in primetime. People will tune in, even if randomly. Not to mention they dominate the news for their respective weeks. I'm sure not many people are eager to watch them or would even go out of their way to watch them, but there's a fairly significant number of people who are going to consume them in some way. You also have to keep in mind that most Americans are more likely to be casual observers of politics than hardcore partisans, and things like this are where they pick up a big chunk of their information.

Probably more than you think. These are still perceived as Big Deals and are broadcast across the board in primetime. People will tune in, even if randomly. Not to mention they dominate the news for their respective weeks. I'm sure not many people are eager to watch them or would even go out of their way to watch them, but there's a fairly significant number of people who are going to consume them in some way. You also have to keep in mind that most Americans are more likely to be casual observers of politics than hardcore partisans, and things like this are where they pick up a big chunk of their information.

That surprises me as I also was under the impression that not many non party members would be watching. It's a shame that this is where they pick up a lot of their information because not a lot of information is being passed along. It's an orchestrated play with everyone playing their parts.

That surprises me as I also was under the impression that not many non party members would be watching. It's a shame that this is where they pick up a lot of their information because not a lot of information is being passed along. It's an orchestrated play with everyone playing their parts.

To me it's like a giganic pep rally. Which is why I think Christy's speech was brilliant.

Doesn't matter Biden Or Clinton win also in 2016:ylsuper:
To borrow from my friend Corleone, Obama was brilliant to choose Biden. He was the worst possible choice for VP. No one would take out the president when the next in charge was that flat out ignorant. Brilliant by Obama.