It's Convention Time!

Clyde

Other than the teachers union thing, I agree. I think Christie was hoping to accomplish tonight what Obama did in 2004.

Don't agree with the teachers union thing. If your a bad teacher, you should be fired. You should not be protected by tenure and the union. In the real world , you to a bad job, you get fired. Competition and doing your best makes for better teachers and workers across the board.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't agree with the teachers union thing. If your a bad teacher, you should be fired. You should not be protected by tenure and the union. In the real world , you to a bad job, you get fired. Competition and doing your best makes for better teachers and workers across the board.

Agreed on all.

^ I didn't even know she spoke tonight. I caught just about all of Christie's speech & that's it. Who else spoke?

I caught a bit of Mr Santorum (who I can't deal with). He seemed , like the rest, to be touting his own story vs touting Gov Romney.

I'm not sure if there were speakers before him.

The talking heads were going on & on about what Mitt Romney needs to do in his speech. It seems there are two camps. One group says he needs to present himself in a personable, non-robotic/Al Gore kind of way. The other group says he needs to draw clear distinctions between his ideology & that of the President.

Henry, as the one who started the thread I , of course, watched all of Mrs. Romney's speech and all of Gov Christie's speech. I even took notes being the nerd that I am. I did get the 1800 word piece from the MSNBC folks but that was just to stress the point that Mr Romney was not being touted as he should have been.

You disagree with my assessment?

Yes, Ann Romney was there to talk about Mitt. The rest were there to point out what these United States are up against and the stuggles that they have made and the struggles that their states have made especially since Obama has been president.

The Obama campaign has catered to the poor under privilaged and Chrisitie pointed out that .The struggle of many is what this country was built on and not on the handouts of the government. They were hard workers that wanted to make it. SC Govenor pointed out how Obama has done nothing but bite the hand that feeds the state. SC sued the government to get jobs back into SC. It's sad when you have states suing the Government to protect their citizens. As a Kentuckian, I'm mad that Obama will tax the heck out of the coal industry so that it will be impossible for it to survive. You should be really pi$$ed about that also.

The talking heads were going on & on about what Mitt Romney needs to do in his speech. It seems there are two camps. One group says he needs to present himself in a personable, non-robotic/Al Gore kind of way. The other group says he needs to draw clear distinctions between his ideology & that of the President.

He needs to do both. I don't think they're mutually exclusive.

Yes, Ann Romney was there to talk about Mitt. The rest were there to point out what these United States are up against and the stuggles that they have made and the struggles that their states have made especially since Obama has been president.

The Obama campaign has catered to the poor under privilaged and Chrisitie pointed out that .The struggle of many is what this country was built on and not on the handouts of the government. They were hard workers that wanted to make it. SC Govenor pointed out how Obama has done nothing but bite the hand that feeds the state. SC sued the government to get jobs back into SC. It's sad when you have states suing the Government to protect their citizens. As a Kentuckian, I'm mad that Obama will tax the heck out of the coal industry so that it will be impossible for it to survive. You should be really pi$$ed about that also.

Nothing you typed sold Gov Romney to those who are not far right like you. That's my point. Everyone in that hall is sold on the Gov. The goal should be to sell him and his ideas to the key people(and it's not those in the hall, you, LN, Lawboy, etc). Thats why I said they failed.