Trinity 14 St. Xavier 6

Birdsfan

If you coach your kids to whack the QB after a throw until it gets called, eventually it is going to burn you . Yes , Nick was hit late , and flagrantly ,on the INT. that was disqualified.

Another spot argument? I felt like we had several bad spots throughout the game. The failed 4th down try was one of them. However, I did feel like the officials were consistant with their spotting after each down. I absolutely feel like an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty should have been called when #3 picked the ball up after the measurement. Also , the same kid hit a Trinity player in the face with the ball after the last kick-off return. I was surprised that X let him return to the game.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glaser would never say anything close to that, do you talk to a lot of 8th graders down in nashville?? Enjoy your upset don't make things up. Glaser is too classy for those antics and you know it!

I will give t credit they won.

Nothing went right for X and we played the worst game I have seen in a long time.

As far as CentreRocks comments on Vic, I remember the pebbles radio crew saying your poster boy got away with "shot to the face" of a HC player.

Don't forget they are kids and get emotional, especially after a terrible spot.

X jumped and lacked some discipline, I am sure the pebbles d-line was not shouting our cadence as they have for years, but we should battle through that

the refs were in slow speed, why all the pauses between plays??? again not why we lost but affected pace of play for both

why did we throw so much on 1st down???

I still feel X wins 8 out of 10 but all t needed was one last night, congrats to the pebbles

One question I had, did anyone see the late hit on P? I was not watching the QB....

Also congrats to the Tigers on a great run of 25 in a row. We will be back!

The roughing was on a slant, that is hard to do.

Congrats to the Rocks players and coaches on a much deserved Championship victory and to Nick Petrino as MVP. Nick proved that being elusive, tough and composed can be just as valuable of an asset in HS football as blazing speed and/or size. Redemption is always sweet and this story line goes down as one of the best. The Rocks were doubted by many within and outside the T family and by coming together as a TEAM they shared the last laugh. I, for one, felt all along that the Rocks stock of top notch skill players on this years squad could prove to be a great foundation to build on and the most dangerous threat to the Tigers reign if they bought into the TEAM concept. They did and it worked. Special congratulations to my favorite Rock-Elliott DeWeese on having the best game of his HS career at the best time possible-Big "E" you were the man last night!!! Also, kudos to 2 close friends of my son-Eric Senn and Tony Klausing.

On the issues concerning the actions of a certain Tiger star-they were uncalled for and bush league at best and IMO he should be disciplined. Despite this, one persons actions should not tarnish the image/class of St. X football anymore than the pregame dance/taunting at midfield or post-game taunting of the St. X fans by a pair of Rock players. Even the most perfect of programs has "individuals" who will stray from the conduct expected by these outstanding schools. As those who were there witnessed, the majority showed great sportmanship and handled themselves like gentlemen in both victory and defeat.

As for the game itself-penalties, play-calling, interrupting cadences, officiating or any other reasons leave nothing but questions of what has nothing to do with the fact that the Tigers flatly got beat. It is part of football and you have to overcome adversity to win. In the 2004 and 2005 regular season T/X games, the Tigers appeared to have ESP as to what Coach Bean would offer to counter their offensive attack and they took full advantage. Last night Coach Bean turned the tables-a couple of Tiger players even mentioned after the game that it appeared that the Rock defense already knew what the X offense was going to do before the ball was snapped on most occasions. Excellent preparation by the Rocks and poor execution by the Tigers.

On the Tigers season-Hold your heads high on an outstanding year and don't let one loss to a great program ruin it for you. We fell a few inches short of potentially tying/winning a game that we truly didn't deserve to win with the showing we had. I think we looked the good luck gift horse in the mouth one too many times this season and it came back to bite us with the assistance of a great T defensive effort.

To the Tiger seniors-you are the most special group of young men that I have had the pleasure of getting to know. Your brotherhood is second to none and the friendships my son has formed with all of you is one of the most pleasurable things I can witness as a parent.

To my favorite Tiger-you have had 4 outstanding years of Tiger football and I could not be any prouder of you. Your accomplishments on and off the field have been wonderful and what every father dreams about for their son. Your track record of championships speaks for itself in life and on the field.

The loss of HS football in my life on an everyday basis truly hurts much more than the Tigers loss to the Rocks. I think in a weird way that last night's game will enhance this great rivalry in a period where it appeared that the Tigers would explode to dominance for at least a fairly long cycle. For those who question why X and T are so good? I truly think you would have to experience it to fully understand.

Great job Rocks-I'll be pulling for you against all opponents except one. ;)

TIGERS-you will BE BACK!!!

I know, I know… Glaser “says” things all the time. But!

He has been telling 8th graders “Why would anyone want to go to Trinity? I guarantee they will not win a championship in the next 4 years. We own them.”

If I were an 8th grader, I’d have to wonder what else he has said that might not come true…

Horse Manure!

I will give you part of a factual conversation my son and I had with Coach Glaser and Coach Bergamani during the week before the entrance exam 4 years ago. For the record, the conversation took place within 30 days after my son completed a highlight film caliber 8th grade Toy Bowl year in football and a week after he hung 30 points on an opponent in his BBall jamboree held at St. X with Coach B in attendance working the scoreboard. It went something very close to this....."Son, you are an outstanding young athlete, but that doesn't get you anything at St. X unless you are willing to work as hard as everyone else will. We at St. X want boys who want to turn into great young men and look forward to being pushed towards excellence every day". Hence, the guy who pays the tuition (namely me) was sold on the spot despite a 15 year friendship with Roger Burkman and the fact that most of my son'e closest friends were going to DeSales. For the record, when I saw Coach Glaser hugging my son as he left the locker room last night for the last time as a St. X Tiger, it confirmed for the millionth time that my tuition bill is the best investment I could have ever made for my son.

There is factual info for you-enjoy your victory and stop trying to stir nonsense up.

Two great Posts by XTIGER. I too, was disappointed by some calls.....but they DID go both ways. It is no excuse. Trinity played a better game...period! X shot themselves in the foot on what felt like every drive. They're line was un-disciplined. Way too many procedure penalties. You will never beat a team of Trinity's caliber with that lack of focus. Trinity played the game that they had to play and won. They deserve it.

You can come up with 100 excuses of why we lost....Curley getting hurt, Glaser's loss, Vic's asthma problems, bad calls,...etc...but obstacles are a part of the game and part of life....You deal with it! You adapt and you overcome! Trinity did and they won. Congrats Rocks!........and just you wait till next year! ;)

I'm no ref... when the pass was picked off and a roughing the passer was called I thought it was a change of possession, then a 15 yard penalty. Obviously I'm wrong. Any zebras out there to explain the rule??? Is it because the roughing happened before the int???? Thanks.

Great season by both teams. My roomate from college, a Trinity graduate, has already called twice this morning giving me a rundown on the game last night. I'm sure he will call again with more details as he remembers them. I read the cj's articles about the game and was suprised to see only 21,000 for the game. With this being such a great rivalry why doesn't the state final game between these two teams draw more than 21,000 when the regular season game draws 30 + every year? I understand a lot of college kids and alumni might not be able to make it back for the game but that can't make up the 12-13,000 difference in attendance.

RUNFIRST,

Firstly I cannot believe I am even taking the time to repsond to such silly accusations. Your proof is second hand conversation from an eigth grader. Not exactly hard evidence.

Let me suggest that before you take cheap shots at someones character by hiding behind a screenname and keyboard you should maybe take the time to meet the man himself before passing judgement. Obviously you have not met Coach Glaser or taken the time to understand him and what he does day in and out for these young men, or you would not be making these accusations. I believe Coach Glaser deserves that at the very least.

Even making such a post the day after the man has lost a very tough game, but more importantly after losing his father in law, is just plain classless. I dont think anyone on this board would argue with this fact.

With this being such a great rivalry why doesn't the state final game between these two teams draw more than 21,000 when the regular season game draws 30 + every year? I understand a lot of college kids and alumni might not be able to make it back for the game but that can't make up the 12-13,000 difference in attendance.

Alumni from around the country plan a year in advance for the trip to Louisville in September. That can't happen with the championship game.