Trinity 14 St. Xavier 6

Birdsfan

I have to say, that I am disappointed with some of our backers on here, not being gracious in victory. That was one of the hardest played and most physical games between these two, in quite some time. There were kids acting like kids, but alas, that is not bigger than the series.

Congrats on a tremendous season Tigers, we will see in September.

Way to go Rocks, #16....I guess Mr. Klausing has to do some painting on hs garage

:dancingpa:

Classy post!! :thumb:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rockmom-- I'm glad you and the others were going "wild" in the luxury box... I was doing my own celebrating in the section right next to our students. I was lucky enough to be situated at the 5 yard line area where all of the late action took place. It was fantastic to slap 5s with the alums, fans and the students!! PRICELESS!! :thumb:

Actually...we weren't in a luxury box....just up on the 3rd floor where warmth awaited if needed! :lol:

I actually walked down to the student section, looking for my son....I got all the way down there, and realized there was no way I'd ever find him! :lol:

It was awesome no matter where! :dancingpa :dancingpa

Congrats to Trinity. It seems I know more people on here that root for Trinity so I am glad for my BGP Trinity supporters.

I wonder if the game being in Louisville has anything to do with such a large turnout for Trinity and St. X. Put the game somewhere else and I wonder if they get 20,000.

In addition, I would hope that a championship game between two schools that have a total attendance of 500-600, A game and 1000-1100, AA game would not outdraw a game that has over 2000 in the two schools combined attendance. Both schools probably have a bigger alumni base in Louisville than the rural county schools in this state has attendance. I don't think the attendance in the game is that big of a deal.

I wonder if the Indy Colts played in Nevada, would they still be 12-0.

I just now read this thread...Bert, you didn't go off Friday night, did you?

I am just full of surprises Papa Rock.

I ALMOST did, but I was trying to keep up my professional image... :lol: :lol:

It would have been funny if you did lose it because everyone in the stadium would have heard it. :D

Now everyone is wondering who you are. :p

Kudos to the rocks you needed a miracle to win and got one when Brent got hurt. Things like that keep you guessing in this series. The Tigers will be back and determined as well as talented next year.See you in September. It will be here before you know it.

As a future HS parent I heard Glaser speak to a group of jr high students and parents...though he hardly even talked about football (which surprised me), he took several opportunities to talk down Trinity, mostly dissmissing programs and facilities. (FYI, this was a predominately StX feeder school function)

I've also heard Roger Burkman speak to parents about Trinity, and he never spoke ill of StX, even when audience questions invited him to do so.

I honestly was turned off by Glaser's arrogance...

My son went thru the process of checking out both schools. We heard all about 'trinity football' from the coaches there, we also heard about...'trinity football'. With coach Glaser we heard about acedemics, we heard about 'develoing young men', we heard about the tradition of St X. to my son's surprise we heard very little about 'St X football' and heard no "Trinity bashing". What you mistook for 'arrogance' is really coach's intense PRIDE in what his program is about at ST X! My son chose ST X.

Kudos to the rocks you needed a miracle to win and got one when Brent got hurt.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a Winner!

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

Congratulations Xtiger69, not even 70 hours after the game ended.

We must have prayed harder for that "miracle" to occur. We knew that a "miracle" was our only shot at winning.

Please tell me this thread makes it to the Classic BGP Forum.

Kudos to the rocks you needed a miracle to win and got one when Brent got hurt. Things like that keep you guessing in this series. The Tigers will be back and determined as well as talented next year.See you in September. It will be here before you know it.

Xtiger69, I just want you to know, that when Brent got hurt, there was not one fan thinking of anything but his wellbeing. No Rock fan would wish any injury, but especially a serious injury on any player, Rock, Tiger or any other team. I know the Rocks have experienced many injuries, some not so serious, some season ending, and some career ending, and every one of us sitting on the home side of the stadium were offering nothing but prayers for his safety, and thanks when he was able to walk off the field, and even more when he was able to return.

The Tiger players rallied and put forth great effort despite playing without Curley for a while, and kudos to them. They put themselves in the position to tie the game or defeat us. It's the mark of a great team to overcome those adversities.

By the same token, our players recognized the rally and responded with one of their own. We'll never know what may have been, if Brent had been able to stay in the game for the duration, but I do believe we'd have won anyway.

There's no miracle in someone's injury, and I just want you to know that we're all still thinking of not only Brent and his health, but of all the X players and their disappointment. We, as well as anyone, have some experience with what may have been in these situations, and understand the crushing disappointment the players feel, and how hard it is to help our sons get past that.

Good luck to Brent and all the Tiger Seniors in their futures. The lessons they and the Rocks learned in their years playing for X & T will be invaluable in their futures, and we should all be thankful for these lessons of both triumph and heartbreak. :thumb: