Trinity 14 St. Xavier 6

Birdsfan

I've waited to post primarily because I'm at a loss trying to understand why the hatred and the accusations towards Coach Glaser. After 20 plus years, I 've yet to see these "facts" that have been posted. In fact, if you've ever attended a parent meeting, you would wonder if it was a football meeting or not.

Curley's injury was a real blow to the Tigers. If you know the offense, you know his draws and running are a key. Without that ability, T was able to concentrate on Anderson and Mattingly. I'm not so sure I wouldn't have gone with Zoeller earlier. You saw the results of his draw.

With that said, we were simply beaten up front, where you have to win. I don't think it was the T offense, as much as it was our inability to move on O. T only scored 14, and actually, to my surprise, X lead in time of possession.

At any rate, a great game, but I thought boring from an offensive standpoint. My congrats to T and its players.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To think that this was not the biggest single reason the Tigers lost the game is unrealistic.I know the rocks improved and played their hearts out but give me a break- the St.X offense would have been good for a lot more than 6 points with a healthy Brent Curley for the entire game. His leadership and abilities were sorely missed as well as ability to read the defense and check out, not to mention his passing and running. The effect of this injury was the outcome of the game.I'm not taking anything away from Trinity but this is a fact.Football is a game of breaks and injuries and the Tigers had a very bad break in the injury to their leader that cost them the game IMO.

Mr. Curley? Is that you?

Brent is a warrior and everyone on this board has nothing but respect for him. I hope his recovery is speedy.

I've waited to post primarily because I'm at a loss trying to understand why the hatred and the accusations towards Coach Glaser. After 20 plus years, I 've yet to see these "facts" that have been posted.

Here's one: Click on the first X-Trinity game broadcast and fast forward to 3:36:00. Let me know your thoughts: http://www.saintx.com/news/news.asp?ID=1631

Here's one: Click on the first X-Trinity game broadcast and fast forward to 3:36:00. Let me know your thoughts: http://www.saintx.com/news/news.asp?ID=1631

Warning to all Rock fans that may listen. Take your blood pressure meds. It is a little tough to listen to Mike talk down a program that has dominated his program over the past six years. Then to have Sass claim that the Rocks are "backpedaling" . I really believe that Glaser at least bent KHSAA rules when he asked "8th graders that want to play football and not just stand and watch to come to St.X". For all the Tiger faithful that wonder why some Rock fans can't enjoy their win... just listen to this post game and ask the same question of your guy.

I've waited to post primarily because I'm at a loss trying to understand why the hatred and the accusations towards Coach Glaser. After 20 plus years, I 've yet to see these "facts" that have been posted. In fact, if you've ever attended a parent meeting, you would wonder if it was a football meeting or not.

Curley's injury was a real blow to the Tigers. If you know the offense, you know his draws and running are a key. Without that ability, T was able to concentrate on Anderson and Mattingly. I'm not so sure I wouldn't have gone with Zoeller earlier. You saw the results of his draw.

With that said, we were simply beaten up front, where you have to win. I don't think it was the T offense, as much as it was our inability to move on O. T only scored 14, and actually, to my surprise, X lead in time of possession.

At any rate, a great game, but I thought boring from an offensive standpoint. My congrats to T and its players.

The loss of your starting QB is a huge loss for any team. I would suggest that Curley has been a bit banged up all year. I know he had a pretty bad limp prior to the first Trinity game. I noticed that Brent forced some throws when he had a lot of daylight to run if healthy. Maybe they should have turned it over to Zoeller earlier.

I think that it wasn't so much the play of Zoeller that hurt the Tigers. First, they allowed Vic to take the first snap of every series for a while, kind of strange. Then they had Zoeller throw on first down quite a bit until it was obvious that it wasn't effective. Zoeller is an excellent runner, I wonder why he didn't get to run more often. I really believe if he would have kept the ball on the fourth and three at the end of the game the Tigers would have had a better chance of scoring. I'd lay some blame on the play calling. JMO.

We were trying to figure out why Brent didn't run while the opportunity certainly existed. In any other game he would have; the injury explains it. I probably would have tried Zoeller earlier, but I'm not a Coach, and I suspect they were trying to keep him out of the pressure, hoping Curley might come back. I do thing that the draw was there, and Zoeller could execute it. The pass was there also.

I've waited to post primarily because I'm at a loss trying to understand why the hatred and the accusations towards Coach Glaser.

And we are trying to understand where Glaser's hatred of Trinity is coming from. Wait, I just figured it out... 16 and counting.

Warning to all Rock fans that may listen. Take your blood pressure meds. It is a little tough to listen to Mike talk down a program that has dominated his program over the past six years. Then to have Sass claim that the Rocks are "backpedaling" . I really believe that Glaser at least bent KHSAA rules when he asked "8th graders that want to play football and not just stand and watch to come to St.X". For all the Tiger faithful that wonder why some Rock fans can't enjoy their win... just listen to this post game and ask the same question of your guy.

I am a good judge of people and I've always had this basic dislike of Mike Glaser based solely on what I see of him on radio and television. I always felt that I was letting my feelings about x cloud my judgement. After hearing that meely mouthed pipsqueak on the radio I now know that I was right. You guys at x like him? You keep him. He fits right in. And for all those Glaser defenders that claim he would never say anything bad about Trinity, we now have proof. And LSU, I should have taken your advice and medicated myself before listening.