Trinity 14 St. Xavier 6

Birdsfan

2) good no-call on Anderson picking up the ball (I saw it)...while technically a penalty the officials were right to not let it be a game changing call...

With all due respect, you are as wrong as wrong can be. It didn't change the outcome, but it sure could have. If the officials do their job and throw the flag at this blatant foul, Trinity takes over on the 17 instead of the 2. Several posters have commented that they thought Donnell should have been called for a safety, it wouldn't be a factor if the call was made. It was a terrible no call. It also allows a super star to continue to believe that he is above the rules. I would rather that the officials call the game by the rules and leave their judgement at home.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great season by both teams. My roomate from college, a Trinity graduate, has already called twice this morning giving me a rundown on the game last night. I'm sure he will call again with more details as he remembers them. I read the cj's articles about the game and was suprised to see only 21,000 for the game. With this being such a great rivalry why doesn't the state final game between these two teams draw more than 21,000 when the regular season game draws 30 + every year? I understand a lot of college kids and alumni might not be able to make it back for the game but that can't make up the 12-13,000 difference in attendance.

It was VERY cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to Trinity - their players, coaches, and fans. They simply wanted this game more then we did.

Congratulations to St. X - their players, coaches, and fans. You will always be champions in my book.

Happy Birthday Coach Glaser!

:thumb:

This player did the following:

a) Threw the ball in a Trinity player's face after a kick off;

b) After the measurement on fourth down with 2 minutes to go, picked up the ball and walked off with it; and

c) Refused to shake any Trinity player's hands after the game, as he went to the other endzone, alone, away from his disconsolate teammates.

a. He threw the ball in reacaction to quite a bit of trash talk being yelled at him while also receiving a few extra pushes and shoves when retreating from the middle of the T sideline, none of which is surprising for a bunch of teenage boys during a heated football game.

b. He was wrong.

c. I have been to every X game and after every game he always goes to the enzone to be at the end of the team line for the shaking of hands. Usually he is at the end of lines entering the field and leaving the field. This is his habit and nothing new, only this time the team stayed at midfield to shake hands and the line did not form.

a. He threw the ball in reacaction to quite a bit of trash talk being yelled at him while also receiving a few extra pushes and shoves when retreating from the middle of the T sideline, none of which is surprising for a bunch of teenage boys during a heated football game.

b. He was wrong.

c. I have been to every X game and after every game he always goes to the enzone to be at the end of the team line for the shaking of hands. Usually he is at the end of lines entering the field and leaving the field. This is his habit and nothing new, only this time the team stayed at midfield to shake hands and the line did not form.

You keep rationalizing and he will keep up his antics. To point A, I was close enough to see the incident and you are mistaken. The only one frustrated at that point was Vic.

I have thought about this game quite abit and I have a few people to thank. First of course, we have to thank the coaches and players. Their hard work is the foundation of the victory. But i don't think we can leave out Coach Glaser. He managed to work in a few subtle digs that had to help keep everyone at Trinity focussed. The recent one that comes to mind was his crack about St x being where "linemen are valued". It was a Trinity LINEMAN that blocked the extra point. It was a Trinity LINEMAN that stood up Anderson on fourth down. As the parent of a former lineman at Trinity, I know how much they are valued. I think we should also thank the rest of the ex-man faithfull. How is your mower running Oxnard? It seems to have damaged its blade on a few Rocks. I'd also like to thank Rick Bozich for his silly and insulting comentary after the first game. I'll remind him that hand signals and wrist bands don't mean that you can't coach or play.

The bottom line is that you have to be careful about poking the 800 pound gorrilla of Kentucky high school football, even if you are the 700 pound gorrilla.

You keep rationalizing and he will keep up his antics. To point A, I was close enough to see the incident and you are mistaken. The only one frustrated at that point was Vic.

I'm not mistaken, for you could not have been as close to the incident as my source, and I'll trust my source thank you. I believe you must still be burned about the preseason "blue-cast" situation. Further, Vic is kind, respectful and grateful. He gives much time and effort to youth developement and is doing very well in school (lst honors). He has had to handle the pressures of a high profile player while nearly every move he makes seems to pop up on some thread somewhere. He has been curtious and humble when girls ask for the shirts off his back or even when a younger boy yells "Go Rocks!" as he is getting into a car. I have been a witness to both. He's not perfect, as none of us are, but he's an exciting football player who is much fun to watch on the field and a wonderfull kid who brings out the best in many and is a pleasure to know personally.

But i don't think we can leave out Coach Glaser. He managed to work in a few subtle digs that had to help keep everyone at Trinity focussed. The recent one that comes to mind was his crack about St x being where "linemen are valued". It was a Trinity LINEMAN that blocked the extra point. It was a Trinity LINEMAN that stood up Anderson on fourth down. As the parent of a former lineman at Trinity, I know how much they are valued. I think we should also thank the rest of the ex-man faithfull. How is your mower running Oxnard? It seems to have damaged its blade on a few Rocks. I'd also like to thank Rick Bozich for his silly and insulting comentary after the first game. I'll remind him that hand signals and wrist bands don't mean that you can't coach or play.

The bottom line is that you have to be careful about poking the 800 pound gorrilla of Kentucky high school football, even if you are the 700 pound gorrilla.

Great post.

b. He was wrong.

Ok. That explains it all.

b. He was wrong.

c. He wasn't at the Manual game. I know this for a fact.

Would anyone have, or know where I can get a photo of Dane Spoelker's (#55) tackle of Anderson on that 4th down play? There were of bunch of photographers in the end zone. One guy with his press band around his pants leg looks like he is getting a great shot of it. Thanks for any info!!!!

I like the endzone...

Would anyone have, or know where I can get a photo of Dane Spoelker's (#55) tackle of Anderson on that 4th down play? There were of bunch of photographers in the end zone. One guy with his press band around his pants leg looks like he is getting a great shot of it. Thanks for any info!!!!

I thought Beatty couldn't win without Brohm???

Oh, yeah......I remember that one !....................Hey , I am on cloud nine, but I still didn't like that 48-16 game.

When do we play again ?

What is scary is that the x people were certain that the only reason we made it to the title game was because we didn't face anyone in the play-offs. Henry Clay had one hecvkuva bunch of athletes ......we played some good teams