Trinity 14 St. Xavier 6

Birdsfan

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously...we are not going to debate T and X head coaches and who has more class :rolleyes:

Please provide us with some links to some similar post game (or any other for that matter) comments by Coach Beatty. I think he is a class coach. We all know your opinion, but CentreRocks provided a little window into why some on the Trinity side don't buy into the "has never said anything negative about Trinity" line. And yes, I believe comments directed at our head coach count as such.

Please provide us with some links to some similar post game (or any other for that matter) comments by Coach Beatty. I think he is a class coach. We all know your opinion, but CentreRocks provided a little window into why some on the Trinity side don't buy into the "has never said anything negative about Trinity" line. And yes, I believe comments directed at our head coach count as such.

I am sure that will be tough to do since "Bob the builder" mostly talks about himself :lol: :lol:

And you know LSU in the big picture of life...does it really matter that I don't like Beatty?

I am sure that will be tough to do since "Bob the builder" mostly talks about himself :lol: :lol:

And you know LSU in the big picture of life...does it really matter that I don't like Beatty?

You fired the salvo with your not so subtle comment. If it doesn't matter, why the comment? Maybe if Mike stuck to talking about himself and his team we wouldn't be having this discussion.

thehit.jpg

Thursday Coach Beatty said that in games like this some kid that maybe hasn't been a factor will step up and make a play. Well Dane has been a factor on the O-line all year, but he sure picked a great time to step up become a factor on defense. He sure made a play. Great stick Dane. :thumb:

You fired the salvo with your not so subtle comment. If it doesn't matter, why the comment? Maybe if Mike stuck to talking about himself and his team we wouldn't be having this discussion.

It's not a salvo LSU it's a taser :D

Because I know it drives you crazy :rolleyes:

I never said that I agreed with Glaser making any snide comment but for any of us to say we have a "holier than thou" coach makes we want to fall out of my chair :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am just full of surprises Papa Rock.

It would have been funny if you did lose it because everyone in the stadium would have heard it. :D

Now everyone is wondering who you are. :p

Not this game, Bert...I was there but in another capacity.

I just wonder if cosch Glaser played all 100 players again ? I'd wager to say NO!!!!. I feel for Curley and was hoping he'd be alright when I saw him on the ground .BUT I also think Trinity's defense had a little to do with him not being that effective .(they were hitting pretty darn hard).

I'm sorry to hear of his injuries. He's definitely a competitor to keep playing through all that. The neck injury, is it serious?

And, I can't believe they let him come back after being knocked out! :eek: As a mom, it freaks me out, because I'd be afraid he had a concussion! Of course...I'm a mom, so don't blast me for my disbelief, please.

Rockmom, I appreciate your concern and well wishes because I know they are genuine. I was on the sidelines with Dr. Kuiper and Danny McDonald and then spoke with the Doc again after the game and again yesterday. Brent did indeed fracture a bone in his foot on his second carry (lengthy run that was called back for I believe holding on the OL) but they had incorrectly assumed it was a bad arch sprain at the time because he still had quite a bit of mobility despite being painful (hence the increasing limp from that point on). The neck injury was nothing serious-just a sprain and he never blacked out or he would not have gone back in especially since he had two concussions as a Junior-but the thing that scared them was that he went numb on his right side after impact (the reason he couldn't get up quickly). Within a few minutes he was fine and passed the Doc's exam enough to find it acceptable to go back in. The groin injury is news to me, but ironically they initially thought he broke the ring finger on his left (non-throwing) hand too which had a huge knot above the top knuckle after the game. It in fact went down after swelling and was just a bad jam.

Unfortunate, yes, but the finger and neck injuries were the result of clean hits and the negative side of the game itself. The foot injury appears to be freakish bad luck more than anything.

It is easy to second-guess after the fact but considering the circumstances Ben going in earlier might have helped the cause because he seemed to get more comfortable as he went along. Tough circumstances no doubt but good experience for Ben who I think will be a star before his 4 year term expires.

xtiger-- thanks for the specific information on Brent's injuries. From the stands, the limping became more and more apparent as the game continued. This was soon erased by the fear when he stayed down for so long, face down-it appeared, after the extremely hard hit. I think that Rockmom was also reacting to the post that talked about his being "knocked out" but I think that it was just a reference to him being knocked out of the game. He did not lose consciouness, did he? Anyways, props to him for his efforts to continue in his last high school game. :thumb:

xtiger-- thanks for the specific information on Brent's injuries. From the stands, the limping became more and more apparent as the game continued. This was soon erased by the fear when he stayed down for so long, face down-it appeared, after the extremely hard hit. I think that Rockmom was also reacting to the post that talked about his being "knocked out" but I think that it was just a reference to him being knocked out of the game. He did not lose consciouness, did he? Anyways, props to him for his efforts to continue in his last high school game. :thumb:

You are correct...that is what I understood. Anyway...anytime a player doesn't get up fairly quickly, it concerns me. It's a Championship, to be sure, but these are 15-18 year old kids playing, and their health must come first. I'm glad he'll recover and the most serious injuries are the kind that can be healed with relatively little consequence. :thumb: