Trinity 14 St. Xavier 6

Birdsfan

Xtiger69, I just want you to know, that when Brent got hurt, there was not one fan thinking of anything but his wellbeing. No Rock fan would wish any injury, but especially a serious injury on any player, Rock, Tiger or any other team. I know the Rocks have experienced many injuries, some not so serious, some season ending, and some career ending, and every one of us sitting on the home side of the stadium were offering nothing but prayers for his safety, and thanks when he was able to walk off the field, and even more when he was able to return.

The Tiger players rallied and put forth great effort despite playing without Curley for a while, and kudos to them. They put themselves in the position to tie the game or defeat us. It's the mark of a great team to overcome those adversities.

By the same token, our players recognized the rally and responded with one of their own. We'll never know what may have been, if Brent had been able to stay in the game for the duration, but I do believe we'd have won anyway.

There's no miracle in someone's injury, and I just want you to know that we're all still thinking of not only Brent and his health, but of all the X players and their disappointment. We, as well as anyone, have some experience with what may have been in these situations, and understand the crushing disappointment the players feel, and how hard it is to help our sons get past that.

Good luck to Brent and all the Tiger Seniors in their futures. The lessons they and the Rocks learned in their years playing for X & T will be invaluable in their futures, and we should all be thankful for these lessons of both triumph and heartbreak. :thumb:

You're always classy rockmom. Thank you

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Xtiger69, I just want you to know, that when Brent got hurt, there was not one fan thinking of anything but his wellbeing. No Rock fan would wish any injury, but especially a serious injury on any player, Rock, Tiger or any other team. I know the Rocks have experienced many injuries, some not so serious, some season ending, and some career ending, and every one of us sitting on the home side of the stadium were offering nothing but prayers for his safety, and thanks when he was able to walk off the field, and even more when he was able to return.

The Tiger players rallied and put forth great effort despite playing without Curley for a while, and kudos to them. They put themselves in the position to tie the game or defeat us. It's the mark of a great team to overcome those adversities.

By the same token, our players recognized the rally and responded with one of their own. We'll never know what may have been, if Brent had been able to stay in the game for the duration, but I do believe we'd have won anyway.

There's no miracle in someone's injury, and I just want you to know that we're all still thinking of not only Brent and his health, but of all the X players and their disappointment. We, as well as anyone, have some experience with what may have been in these situations, and understand the crushing disappointment the players feel, and how hard it is to help our sons get past that.

Good luck to Brent and all the Tiger Seniors in their futures. The lessons they and the Rocks learned in their years playing for X & T will be invaluable in their futures, and we should all be thankful for these lessons of both triumph and heartbreak. :thumb:

Ultra classy post. One of the best, if not the best ever! You rock, rockmom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW, Curley actually broke his foot on the third play of the game and then pulled his groin on a subsequent play - not to mention the neck injury that ended up knocking him out.

Kudos to Trinity for playing a very good, tough and smart game. Curley's injury certainly did not hurt their chances, though.

His attempts to continue to play were admirable, but it obviously kept him from being able to run the ball, which, IMO would have changed the game.

FWIW, Curley actually broke his foot on the third play of the game and then pulled his groin on a subsequent play - not to mention the neck injury that ended up knocking him out.

Kudos to Trinity for playing a very good, tough and smart game. Curley's injury certainly did not hurt their chances, though.

His attempts to continue to play were admirable, but it obviously kept him from being able to run the ball, which, IMO would have changed the game.

:eek:

Wow. That's tough. And even after all that, he was still asking to go back in.

I'm sorry to hear of his injuries. He's definitely a competitor to keep playing through all that. The neck injury, is it serious?

And, I can't believe they let him come back after being knocked out! :eek: As a mom, it freaks me out, because I'd be afraid he had a concussion! Of course...I'm a mom, so don't blast me for my disbelief, please.

To think that this was not the biggest single reason the Tigers lost the game is unrealistic.I know the rocks improved and played their hearts out but give me a break- the St.X offense would have been good for a lot more than 6 points with a healthy Brent Curley for the entire game. His leadership and abilities were sorely missed as well as ability to read the defense and check out, not to mention his passing and running. The effect of this injury was the outcome of the game.I'm not taking anything away from Trinity but this is a fact.Football is a game of breaks and injuries and the Tigers had a very bad break in the injury to their leader that cost them the game IMO.

To think that this was not the biggest single reason the Tigers lost the game is unrealistic.I know the rocks improved and played their hearts out but give me a break- the St.X offense would have been good for a lot more than 6 points with a healthy Brent Curley for the entire game. His leadership and abilities were sorely missed as well as ability to read the defense and check out, not to mention his passing and running. The effect of this injury was the outcome of the game.I'm not taking anything away from Trinity but this is a fact.Football is a game of breaks and injuries and the Tigers had a very bad break in the injury to their leader that cost them the game IMO.

Wouldn't it be fair to say that the Trinity defense was the single biggest reason? They were the ones who laid the hits on Curley to knock him out of the game.