Kentucky 76 North Carolina 69

AHSPanther23

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sir... It's All Time Low, Hey Monday, and a bunch of other generic band names where all the bands sound exactly the same.

See, that can't be as bad as I feared for you. I guess it could always be worse. :D

Gotta be Virginia and Ralph Sampson

It was.

Friend of mine here was a journalist at that time. Terry Holland told him off the record that Ralph actually told him he DID NOT want the ball on the last play of his career vs. NC State in the NCAA. :eek:

Told me all I wanted to know about him. Here in Wahoo land, many Cav fans like to point out that "Mr. Jefferson's University" went to the Final Four right after Ralph was gone to the NBA. :thumb:

While watching the UK/UNC game, there was a situation that brought to light a much needed rule change. In the first half, a UNC player took a shot as the shot clock expired, it was a forced shot and badly missed. UK got the rebound and quickly took off in transition. However, since the shot clock buzzer went off, the refs stopped play and made UK take the ball out of bounds which gave UNC an opportunity to set their defense. Why should any team be penalized in that situation for playing great defense and then having their fast break opportunity taken away? IMO, play should not be stopped if the defensive team gets the rebound. Anyone else agree with me?

While watching the UK/UNC game, there was a situation that brought to light a much needed rule change. In the first half, a UNC player took a shot as the shot clock expired, it was a forced shot and badly missed. UK got the rebound and quickly took off in transition. However, since the shot clock buzzer went off, the refs stopped play and made UK take the ball out of bounds which gave UNC an opportunity to set their defense. Why should any team be penalized in that situation for playing great defense and then having their fast break opportunity taken away? IMO, play should not be stopped if the defensive team gets the rebound. Anyone else agree with me?

I do.

I thought the same thing when that play happened. Good call. :thumb:

I agree. Institute the "advantage" rule, which provides that if continued play results in a greater advantage to the non-offending team than the stated penalty for the infraction, then "play on."